Gearing problems

So I have been playing POE for a long time, and I never been serious only played the story mode.

But I did try for maps, and some Event's, the point is i'm not a hardcore gamer or a day to day gamer.

I have watch a lot of youtube clips about builds and more, but the ting that they show is strange like a other side of the game to me...why cause of the gearing problem, I would not say that the maps are hard. but come on from map 1 you should get better gear to go to map 2 and 3 and 4 and so on. but the same crapy gear that dont get you anywhere keep droping !

So how can you become better en enjoy this game thill the fullest if you cant even solo map 2 or 3 with out deying ??

they really need to make a good tortoial when you start doing maps, make it more clear about the gear SOMETHING !

map 1 Reccomanded gear
Gear indication ( so much Res ) ( so much Armour/Evasion ) (HP/chield) (damage)

just a little bit of help pleas !!!!

Thank you for reading, and sorry for my bad English.,

Last bumped on Jun 19, 2018, 5:47:15 PM
You trade for gear thats how. Go to poe.trade or use the trade app on this site and find what you want. I assume those videos have links to the builds so check the budget versions and purchase what is needed.

The game is built around trade, if you want to play SSF you really need more knowledge about builds and crafting so I wouldn't recommend it.
The farther you go, the more you have to learn about the game. Pretty gear means nothing to someone who doesn't understand how its utilized.

Lack of gear can definitely halt progression - a problem with PoE that isn't really brought up is that the game will allow you to progress even if your character is not actually ready, since you can just keep respawning to attack the boss gating the next act.

Understanding the skill tree and what's possible on gear for the level you are currently at goes a long way, but most people don't want to do the extra reading and video watching etc.

The basis of the game is balancing your offense and defense and making sure both are adequate for what you are fighting. Given that mapping is basically waveclearing and a final boss, whatever you are playing needs to be proficient in both.

If you aren't able to trade, then you simply have to repeat easier content to gear up so that you can do harder content.
Yep, totally over league play.
Thank you all for the Replay.

"
The game is built around trade, if you want to play SSF you really need more knowledge about builds and crafting so I wouldn't recommend it.

This is really not needed, because how did the first one who got the best gear gets it.
you should be able to do it by your self. ofc you can buy the best gear in game but whats the point ?

"
a problem with PoE that isn't really brought up is that the game will allow you to progress even if your character is not actually ready, since you can just keep respawning to attack the boss gating the next act.

you right on that when it comes to the story mode.

but maps you only have 6 tries then you done.

Look the point i try to make is i see the nice skin that you can buy for gear skills weapons pets and all that.

but why should i spent money if i cant even progress ?

the game should give a very good and detailed tortorial IN GAME ! for when your done with the story line, Like Now you have maps we begin with map 1, this is the strenged you need the rest you need and armoure HP.

kill a group of mobs all gear drop
as a example so that your ready for map.

thats not so hard !
Do you want a serious answer or do you just want to complain? I could write a few paragraphs that might help if you're willing to listen; but if you are just going to blame your failures on the game then I don't need to waste your time making you read all that.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 18, 2018, 9:56:38 PM
An in game tutorial on advanced gearing wouldn't be all that useful because there's no way to cover all the nuances one should eventually learn and plenty of players would ignore it regardless.

Since gaming on-line became a thing, resources have been available to help players better understand the games they play.

One of the appeals of PoE is that you have the option of creating an exceptionally powerful character - however that also means a player can unknowingly ruin it as well.

As a gamer it is ultimately your responsibility to advance your knowledge.

In other words, you can either choose to research and read or find another simpler game. People are more than happy to help explain concepts and the like, but don't expect them to teach you what you can choose to learn on your own.
Yep, totally over league play.
I don't know about top level content like shaper, but i've got 3 chars to a point where they can effortlessly do tier 10 maps without any trading. So even with selffound only you can get pretty far in this game and in the 2 or 3 months i've been playing now i've been finding upgrades pretty regularly. If you keep dying a lot in tier 1 maps you might want to re think your build, besides caped res and somewhat solid life ~4k you don't need much to do them. Mercilless lab and Kitava are much harder than anything you will find in tier 1 maps.
"
theDarkSama wrote:
how did the first one who got the best gear gets it.
you should be able to do it by your self. ofc you can buy the best gear in game but whats the point ?

The "first one's" are 'simply' better than the average players; by their reflexes, by their understanding of ingame mechanics (and it's possibilities), by their clever build choosings... mostly even in a mix of these. AND: the very 'first' often run in groups, which also helps a lot.

"
theDarkSama wrote:
the game should give a very good and detailed tortorial IN GAME !

It already explains a lot more then in earlier stages, and you still can try and learn from your own doings (like changing/replacing gems in your equip). I doubt we'll see more help of this kind, and I also dont expect much help from such (for the average player)...

"
theDarkSama wrote:
Now you have maps we begin with map 1, this is the strenged you need the rest you need and armoure HP.

Impossible to give such exact suggestions. It really depends too much on your build (life/CI; armour/evasion/dodge...) and on your playstyle (manual evade, positioning). Look, even golems with 20k life (can) die... NOTHING (in gear) can totally prevent you.
On the other hand, 'some' suggestions are already there: attributes are basically for gear & gem requirements, max your resists...

"
Baharoth15 wrote:
So even with selffound only you can get pretty far in this game and in the 2 or 3 months i've been playing now i've been finding upgrades pretty regularly.

As said above: it depends significantly on your build - and it can be really tough. With 'average' gear available, at least when you rely on 6S/5L you aquired through part 2, the 'needs' for a possible (stat) upgrade to be 'valid' raises. The demand on socket colours can lead to situations where you have to exchange your whole gear to implement that single upgrade part... which comes down/back again to your limited, average spare pool; even more if it comes to high tier base parts.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Look clearly i'm willing to learn, and to understand what I need to do & look at, and all that.

But to just simply say you need to trade, thats bogus !
Yes that will help but, what will you learn from it, get the best gear and you good to go.

and yes I did learn about the skills the links the auras that help A lote!

the right passive tree...(BTW I realy dont know how you get 4K HP or 6K HP)
do you get it in the gear or passif tree, I stil need to learn.

BUT I really appreciate you all for responding and willing to help someone out.

ow and maybe i'm a bit spoield because of World of warcraft and there ways of how one gear is better then the other. but it helps a lote !
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
Do you want a serious answer or do you just want to complain? I could write a few paragraphs that might help if you're willing to listen; but if you are just going to blame your failures on the game then I don't need to waste your time making you read all that.

sorry but how em i complaining i just state that i have a gearing problem.
and come with a Idea, I didnt curse the game out.
and i ask for help !

and my Feilures is just the lack of knowledge, again thats why i ask for help.
ow and not getting the right drops, or betet rgear drop. or els i would not have gear problems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info