After 100+ whispers

Why do we need another trade related topic? Its even on the same page as previous one! We know trading is shit and it will continue to be shit because thats what GGG wants. They want it to be even shitier than it already is. Deal with it.
"
gageris wrote:
Still can't buy a single map since no one ever invites :(

Instead of wtb 1 infested valley for 1 alch (or whatever it is), try buying maps in bulk. Poe-trade's currency section has this. So you ought to be sending stuff like wtb 10 infested valley for my 10 chaos messages instead. That should catch a seller's attention to want to break their map for a trade. And if you only want to run just one, sell the rest to hungry players like yourself that are starved of this map.
"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
Note how you dodged the core "I can't get, regardless of fixers" issue of the current trade system to setup your strawman for why AH's are bad because they're a free market system powered by speculation.

It isn't dodging - it is pointing out the "solution" is worse than the current problem.

"I can't get, regardless..." is almost certainly untrue, unless the item itself is extremely rare and rarely sold (such as an alt art item). I can't get as fast as I want and/pr as cheaply as I want is the real problem.

Note the OP's reply: "I whisper a new person every 2 or 3s, after I paste whisper, I go back to poe.trade and againa and again and again and again. Then I turn off poe for several hours."

If the OP moved up in price - paying more for the map, and made a few whispers and then went back to playing the game, occasionally rechecking and making a few whispers, they would probably get the map they want. If they went to pathofexile.com/trade in addition to using poe.trade they would also improve their chances.

They could join some public games and while playing, mention the maps they have been unable to buy in the group. They could check for seller shops and find dedicated traders. There are people that once established in a league only trade. If they have the maps wanted, then
Find something a chaos plus that you need anyway and get into their hideout for that trade and also mention the maps. They will probably sell both since you are already there.

"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
Sick of people so stuck looking at auction houses through a lens of GGG's stubborn anti-automation stance

It isn't a stance, it is intentional game design. You dislike people that agree with GGG's game design on trading. You are entitled to that opinion, but that opinion does not make your opinion any more valid than theirs.

"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
to the point where they forget that the same "abuse" of those AH's allow for ALL players to utilize them at ALL levels of play for the entire duration of the game, instead of week 1 for the people who stream 8 hours a day and flood the market..

Trading still works. If you expect someone to give up their time playing to make a trade, then expect to give them something worth their time. People value things differently, including their playing vs trading time.

"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
.how it taking me 2 hours to get ONE reply for a Void Battery gets a "that's OK, keep asking" from the sheep is OK with people but me buying a Void Battery at -.2% of the typical price because people can churn and burn and continue to play the game is magically a sin that should be burned on the pyre with me sisters is beyond me.

That part has nothing to do with the particular trading system. If you've overpriced an item to the market it won't sell well. If your offer is too low, you will struggle to buy something. Amazon.com struggles with the same problem on a daily basis, even with an automated system.

"
LeetbakaDX wrote:
Excuse me for actually wanting to play the game and be rewarded for the effort of getting the currency required for the item, instead of passively punished for not having it sooner...

The game doesn't require the item you want to succeed. It is possible to play and beat the game without that item. I appreciate that you may really want that item for your build. Offer more for the item, or find more creative ways to reach out to people selling it.

Politeness and patience might be the answer. Check whether the person is actively playing or not. If the people sitting in their hideouts aren't responding, try politely messaging a few sellers that are in maps - and let them know you are willing to wait, but that you would like to buy the item when they have a chance. 10-15 minutes later, you may have your item.

Yes, the trading system can be frustrating. Yes, GGG intended it that way. Yes, people can be annoying in not responding. Yes, people try to manipulate the market.

Shoot for the middle of the price range and use real life human interactions skills, and you will get what you want in trading.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
So these people that are not answering you, are they price fixing? which is what people usually claim when this happens.

So you get an AH and then these people can't ignore you...yay, maps

But that isn't what will happen, they will start manipulating the AH, they will get a good few maps then start pricing high then undercut to lower prices to the point they will buy them then set the price they want and anything listed under that THEY will buy up before you or anyone else manages to.

I swear to fuck it's like you guys have never played a game with an AH and never seen how it gets abused.

Sigh...here we go with the boogeyman claims again.

Look, go onto any large RPG server with an AH and try to price fix the way you described. I can 100% guarantee you will fail hard.

The method you described only works in a small server where a small group of players have large market power.

Lets assume you have enough currency to buy every t15 map in existence now. OK cool. And when you are done searching for every t15 map, dozens more have been listed. So now you have to buy those again. Rinse and repeat infinitely. In any large economy, new items will be listed 24/7. While you are eating, drinking, sleeping, typing the map names into the search field.

You will spend 100% of your time searching for and buying stuff of an AH, never being able to actually play the game, and you will still never be able to control the market because there are thousands of players playing and selling every minute.

Go ask an economics professor whether one person can control an economy with 10k people. He will laugh at you.
Last edited by Question2 on Jun 18, 2018, 5:02:20 AM
map buying is a cancer.

What I can say is what I've been doing for last two leagues.

I buy bulk, for example you need some t8-t10 maps, you buy like 20 of them, and ask to include at least 1 or 2 of the ones you really want. this way you have much higher chance to get the maps quickly, as people are more willing to get some larger profit
YES I support the game, NO I don't agree with many GGG decisions

Lab still sucks balls.

I miss Zana already.
"
Maelstromicus wrote:

Try EvE Online or WoW. Both have mature auction houses, and in both games that system has been used for many years and it working efficiently.

Eve works because it's essentially hardcore. When you are blown up you lose your ship and anything on it. Half the things can drop, but whoever blew you up gets those.

BTW HC economy is pretty healthy because people die and there's demand for stuff. In soft core you never lose anything.
double post
Last edited by Enduros on Jun 18, 2018, 9:54:54 AM
"
jack_aubrey wrote:
"
gageris wrote:
Still can't buy a single map since no one ever invites :(

Instead of wtb 1 infested valley for 1 alch (or whatever it is), try buying maps in bulk. Poe-trade's currency section has this. So you ought to be sending stuff like wtb 10 infested valley for my 10 chaos messages instead. That should catch a seller's attention to want to break their map for a trade. And if you only want to run just one, sell the rest to hungry players like yourself that are starved of this map.

This is not a solution for the problem, it's just fire fighting, but we don't remove root cause of this fire.
Ofc I already bought 80 maps from a single person, but this is not how the trade should be.
"
kuciol wrote:
Why do we need another trade related topic? Its even on the same page as previous one! We know trading is shit and it will continue to be shit because thats what GGG wants. They want it to be even shitier than it already is. Deal with it.

It's the handful of people who all need to have their own topic to make it look like a bigger deal.

This thread is something that could just be completely made up.

Personally I use the currency- part of poe.trade to buy maps and never have a problem to buy what I need.
maps need to be treated differently than other items.

There really really needs to be a map only acquistion method implemented, a game based NPC that sells maps that you can actually use. Zana is a joke.

Maps are disposable, single use items that MUST be acquired in order to level beyond mid 80 in any realistic sense.

Maps drops are absolute shit across the board. I am so sick of no map drops in map after map, or t10 maps dropping t1 maps.

The drop range and rate needs to be completely reworked. GGG has created a mandatory game item and used it to slow down access to game content and progression.

They are the bottleneck item that all players need and that's why low level maps are fetching 3c and up now because we know everyone needs them and lots of them.

We need to take the prices and accessibility out of the hands of players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info