After 100+ whispers

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
So these people that are not answering you, are they price fixing? which is what people usually claim when this happens.

So you get an AH and then these people can't ignore you...yay, maps

But that isn't what will happen, they will start manipulating the AH, they will get a good few maps then start pricing high then undercut to lower prices to the point they will buy them then set the price they want and anything listed under that THEY will buy up before you or anyone else manages to.

I swear to fuck it's like you guys have never played a game with an AH and never seen how it gets abused.

Here's the thing, none of this matters, I just want to buy my fucking maps. Even if the system you described has some of the same problems as the current one, it fixes two of the biggest problems.

For the record I don't think a traditional AH is the best answer, but it sure as hell is better than the current solution.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Problem: You're trying to buy a single map. Try buying 50.

I used to do that in previous leagues, but in this one - still not a single person invited/replied to my attempts to buy a map (t3-t8 maps). I would be glad to buy them all at once, but the current terrible system doesn't allow it. It's not a fun game play to sit in poe.trade for 1 hour and get 0 results.
And also running t1-t3 maps on 82lvl (because higher tiers drops very rarely) is not fun either.

The only higher tier maps (t4-t6) I completed was from Zana shop. Which is sad.
Last edited by gageris on Jun 17, 2018, 4:04:34 AM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
So these people that are not answering you, are they price fixing? which is what people usually claim when this happens.

But that isn't what will happen, they will start manipulating the AH, they will get a good few maps then start pricing high then undercut to lower prices to the point they will buy them then set the price they want and anything listed under that THEY will buy up before you or anyone else manages to.

I swear to fuck it's like you guys have never played a game with an AH and never seen how it gets abused.

That is true for rare item, but not for item everyone finds. Introducing an AH also means massively increasing the supply of common to uncommon item:
Who bothers listing white-yellow maps now ? 1 in 20 is most likely VERY generous. Who would with an AH ? 1 in 2 is not out of the question.

Effects of introducing AH:
-: common and uncommon item prices go massively down.
-: rare and extremely rare item prices raise in a range from 'slightly higher' to 'a fair bit higher'.

It is then a decision to make, taking into account that it changes gameplay, costs a lot of development time, etc...

I think I would have done it 4 years ago, when the game still had difficulty. Now, it's really not needed. Just a minor convenience.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

This is not completely accurate at all. I would suggest that it is you who has not played a game with a mature Auction House.

Try EvE Online or WoW. Both have mature auction houses, and in both games that system has been used for many years and it working efficiently.

With all due respect, you are simply yet another player who has an agenda and states that agenda as fact to attempt to reinforce your opinion. An opinion is not fact, it is simply an opinion.
I loved Path of Exile.
I do not love Path of RNG.
Bloom gives me migraines, the over usage of darkness strains my eyes.
Save our game, remove all of the constant RNG and allow us to turn off Bloom or give us an in game brightness control!
"
Maelstromicus wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

This is not completely accurate at all. I would suggest that it is you who has not played a game with a mature Auction House.

Try EvE Online or WoW. Both have mature auction houses, and in both games that system has been used for many years and it working efficiently.

With all due respect, you are simply yet another player who has an agenda and states that agenda as fact to attempt to reinforce your opinion. An opinion is not fact, it is simply an opinion.

EVE-Online does have an excellent AH. WoW on the other hand has pretty much exactly the problems that lagwin1980 described.

And it still doesn't change the fact that those are both MMOs.

PoE is an ARPG. Solutions that can be made functional in MMOs don't necessarily work in an ARPG.
'A Balrog,' muttered Gandalf. 'Now I understand.' He faltered and leaned heavily on his staff. 'What an evil fortune! And I am already weary.'
If you value your time enough just pm every players you can in the shortest amount of time, don't wait 10sec or whatever each time.

Players that sell maps are used to get spammed and can't handle every trade request anyway so it's not an issue.

I mean imagine in the giant pool of players you are contacting:

50% of them suffer from the issue with poe.trade and GGG API and sold their maps hours ago already.

25% have a lot of maps for selling, and in the worse case get around 60 to 80 whisper per minutes for those, it's literaly impossible to answer and handle every requests.

25% doesn't care of one alch trades and are too lazy to remove these items they listed, some of them are just price fixing aswell nothing new here.

If you want your maps, prepare a map list you need tier by tier, then ask the first player that answer if he can take a moment to check if he has them, eventualy offer to overpay a bit, at the end you both win, you get all your maps in no time, time is money, seller get a little fee for that service.

Hope it help :) So far no one answered me "no" when i asked that kindly.

Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Jun 17, 2018, 8:21:23 AM
"
Heli0nix wrote:
If you value your time enough just pm every players you can in the shortest amount of time, don't wait 10sec or whatever each time.

Players that sell maps are used to get spammed and can't handle every trade request anyway so it's not an issue.

50% of them suffer from the issue with poe.trade and GGG API and sold their maps hours ago already.

25% have a lot of maps for selling, and in the worse case get around 60 to 80 whisper per minutes for those, it's literaly impossible to answer and handle every requests.

25% doesn't care of one alch trades and are too lazy to remove these items they listed, some of them are just price fixing aswell nothing new here.

If you want your maps, prepare a map list you need tier by tier, then ask the first player that answer if he can take a moment to check if he has them, eventualy offer to overpay a bit, at the end you both win, you get all your maps in no time, time is money, seller get a little fee for that service.

I whisper a new person every 2 or 3s, after I paste whisper, I go back to poe.trade and againa and again and again and again. Then I turn off poe for several hours.
"
gageris wrote:
"
Heli0nix wrote:

I whisper a new person every 2 or 3s, after I paste whisper, I go back to poe.trade and againa and again and again and again. Then I turn off poe for several hours.

Use the official indexer instead, pathofexile.com/trade.
As mentioned in countless forum threads poe.trade is not reliable for now, due to an issue with GGG's API.

Then ask seller if he has others for sell ... It's simple, and more or less look like to what Chris expected to happen one day. "Player interaction" :D
Hf :)
Eve and WoW? Neither are ARPG loot fests. Apples and Orangutans. Maybe you don't play PoE to find items... but the players who do would find an AH absolutely ruins their game.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

Note how you dodged the core "I can't get, regardless of fixers" issue of the current trade system to setup your strawman for why AH's are bad because they're a free market system powered by speculation.

In the AH instance, price 'fixers' are playing the market which always leads them to compete with other 'fixers' by lowering/raising prices of items/currency based on supply, demand, and time(league) to remain profitable. In the current instance, speculation continues as intended but 90% of people run into the stupidity that is players having items for sale, being show as online when they're not, or that the item is still for sale when it's been sold. And that's because GGG was stubborn for no reason, using want for communication as an excuse (because people still don't communicate other than a quick thx...) to not invest time into an AH system.

Auction houses don't nearly have as serious a problem with items that are common or uncommon (As Shags mentioned), which base White maps are. Semi-rare content like Yellows wouldn't be much of an issue thanks to the massive amounts of base maps that would end up sitting in the AH from players who no longer needed them as the league wore on: scaling to Yellow and then Red would actually cause the prices of Reds to stabilize overall, allowing for easier acquisition.

Sick of people so stuck looking at auction houses through a lens of GGG's stubborn anti-automation stance to the point where they forget that the same "abuse" of those AH's allow for ALL players to utilize them at ALL levels of play for the entire duration of the game, instead of week 1 for the people who stream 8 hours a day and flood the market...how it taking me 2 hours to get ONE reply for a Void Battery gets a "that's OK, keep asking" from the sheep is OK with people but me buying a Void Battery at -.2% of the typical price because people can churn and burn and continue to play the game is magically a sin that should be burned on the pyre with me sisters is beyond me.

Excuse me for actually wanting to play the game and be rewarded for the effort of getting the currency required for the item, instead of passively punished for not having it sooner...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info