Does uber izaro ignore MoM or something?

you guys are being a bit too hard on him, you need 5k/2k if you aren't running defences you can do it with a 4k hp Jugg and eat all of his attacks (goddess aside) it all depends on your damage reduction really.

Not getting hit is always the best approach though, Izaro is about the easiest boss in the game to dodge all the major telegraphs from, his slash/sunder/jump slam/shield charge are all very noticeable and comfortable to dodge.

As to HC just take a decoy totem and only dps him when its up, works everytime regardless of character and will leave you perfectly safe :p
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
you guys are being a bit too hard on him, you need 5k/2k if you aren't running defences you can do it with a 4k hp Jugg and eat all of his attacks (goddess aside) it all depends on your damage reduction really.

This is a super important factor that is constantly ignored when people talk about how much Life you need for something. Stacking raw buffer is kind of inefficient? Izaro is essentialy pure Physical if you want him to be, which makes Endurance Charges and even just a couple thousand Armour very relevant mitigation. 5000 Life + 4 ECharges is (slightly) stronger than 6k Life, and any amount of Armour or additional %PDR skews in favour of 5k Life.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I tried to buffer my life pool with MoM, fortitude, and kintsugi buff and still got oneshotted through essentially 4100 life. That's 4100 / 0.6 or ~6800 damage.

1. How sure are you that you didn't take any point of Damage in the past four seconds? Four seconds is a remarkably long time mid-combat. He deals some 5k Damage, which lines up with "Kintsugi was on hold".
2. Fort and Kintsugi stack multiplicatively: 4100 * 1.25 * 1.25 = 6400 Damage.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
he would have to roll his crit against my evasion and evasion has an entropy rule, which should make it mathematically impossible to be a crit.

Crit confirm rolls are separate from Evasion entropy.

Also, Enfeeble ruins his day, especially if you stack Blind on top. Less Damage, reduced Accuracy, fucked-up Crit Mult, Blind? Fella's got nothing left after that.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Just started lower mapping, new character. Didn't really think I'd have to be doing fucking t16 maps to avoid 1shot from uber izaro.

I was able to do a T9 map without even the kintsugi and a little less life, idk why uber izaro is doing more damage than T9 map bosses.

He does way more, depending on day and buffs he can hit way harder than t15 bosses. There were cases when he one shotted dudes with 7k hp. Some of his attacks are meant to be avoided and thats all there is to it.

With essences + charges he can do much more than 7k. Before the nerf he could do >15k in one hit - there were several video proofs around. Not sure how much he can do still. I never let him have essences or conduits. Far as I understand some of his buffs act as "more" multipliers so they combine unfavorably - for the player.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
If 6k hp isn't guaranteed survival then idk how people do uber izaro in HC. You can't realistically get more than 6k life without kaoms.
Either per build or per playing skill. With the right kind of build its very easy as long as he doesnt have the wrong (conduits and essences for me) buffs. (See here for my gear if you want ideas but use Enfeeble before getting hit and not on cwdt.)

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
IDK what else I'm supposed to do realistically, you can't always be avoiding everything, sometimes the network lags and you have to eat a hit.
Lightning Coil, Arctic Armour, Enfeeble, Pantheons, the new phys-damage-taken-as-element helmet, blind, more life/mana. Most important is to net let him have bad buffs.
Edit: +flasks, Endurance charges

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I'll maybe try uber lab again once I've finished up my build with a bigger life pool and some more life on gear but it's kind of a dumb mechanic. This is a physical attack and not a spell right?
I think it usually fizzles for me so it cant really be a spell then...
Edit 2: It (the slash) is physical but if he got essences/conduits it will do elemental damage too.
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
Last edited by Zrevnur on Jun 16, 2018, 2:46:16 PM
those are laughably low defensive stats

also just dont stand in his reave, that's his famously biggest attack
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
If 6k hp isn't guaranteed survival then idk how people do uber izaro in HC. You can't realistically get more than 6k life without kaoms.

Of course you can. I've got 6k life on a shadow with no Kaom's or Belly or even crazy Incursion league life gear or life/hybrid life super rolls. Get the life nodes on the tree, get a highish (old tier 1) life roll on all your gear except maybe a unique or two that makes your build go, and maybe get life jewels.
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I just got oneshotted from full with ~3300 hp, ~800 unreserved mana, fortify, and kintsugi buff active by izaros ranged reave-looking attack.

Unbuffed izaro btw

DOH!!!... Uber Izaro can one-shot hit for 4.5K+ so you need 5K+ life to survive being one-shot by him. It all about being tanky to defeat him.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jun 16, 2018, 3:32:08 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
I just got oneshotted from full with ~3300 hp, ~800 unreserved mana, fortify, and kintsugi buff active by izaros ranged reave-looking attack.

Unbuffed izaro btw

those numbers are kinda low...

I was 80+ level when i did uber lab on my necro,I had 6.3k life,1.5k mana MOM. got hit only once during izaro fight,with that ranged attack and he almost fucking killed me.
"
uffert wrote:
sorry but 3.3k hp and 800 mana? that aint enough by a long shot

try again with 5 if not 6k hp and 1600/2k manna
with what you have you should barely suffice lower tier mapping needs even with fort and kints

6k will be very hard for some classes and builds to achieve. 5k+ for softcore with MoM one should strive for tho.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info