Quick toughts about the Temple of Atzoatl

So far my experience has been very nice. But there is one thing that is bothering me : the incursions are more rewarding than the temple.

At the moment, rooms that only buff the Omnitec do not feel they are worth it. They make the Omnitec more dangerous but do not seem to add additional reward from the Omnitec, appart from the blue item they drop when upgraded to level 3.

A cool thing would be that each level with those rooms also buffs the Omnitec with life (yea because lets face it, the Omnitec dies too fast), adds the additional themed abilities, but also increase the quantity of items the Omnitec drops. And if they are upgraded to level 3, then the Omnitec has an additional guaranteed rare drop with one of the special mod, themed with the room.

The current special magic item would be removed and transfered to a drop from the Architect, with 33%, 66%, 100% chance to drop it depending on the room level. Because at the moment (when running the temple) they are just some enemy that you kill and forget about, and don't expect anything special from.

Ex : lvl 3 Flame Room would make the omnited drop 15% increased item quantity + 1 additional rare item with one of the fire special mod, and the Architect of the room would have 100% chance to drop a fire themed blue item.

So, what do you think about that?

-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jun 16, 2018, 4:26:43 AM
Last bumped on Jun 18, 2018, 8:20:20 AM
i lost 90% of my interest in the league once i realised double corrupted items cannot have two implicit aura skills.
I don't really care about omnitect, I only care about tier 3 corruption, gem, vault, map, sacrificial room, and getting at least zone level 82 for at least tier 13 map drop. I don't see any benefits yet to farm beside those things.
There's a few things you're overlooking. Free maps (free in that you don't spend a map to get them). Dunno about you but free maps in the Temple far outweigh the extra rares you get from the incursions. Maybe it's SSF vs. Trade. Maps don't grow on trees. You're also overlooking free high level experience. Maybe you don't grind to 100. Cool. Not everyone does. Incursions grant experience, but nothing on the scale of the temple.

Still, there's things that should be tweeked a bit before they make it to core. Right now there are rooms that just piss you off without any tangible reward to make them go down a bit easier. They should fix that. They could cut the health of the rares in the incursions/temple by 50% and they'd still be annoyingly long to kill. There should also be some reward attached to leaving an incursion with time on your clock... having 20 seconds left over at the end feels like it should be worth something. Maybe allow us a 10 second method of opening a door without the stone of passage.... kind of like the Vorici chest missions.
I'd like an option to reset or "forget" about a temple layout that's just gone horribly wrong in the first 3-4 incursions, making the next 6-7 dead weight to plough through in order to start again.

As far as leveling in there goes, yes its basically two free high level maps but its very rippy. Not to mention that tiny boss room. Heaven forbid a build might rely on something other than facetanking everything. These bullethell "fill 100% of the room with death AoE" bosses are tiresome.
Last edited by Asmosis on Jun 16, 2018, 10:50:06 AM
I agree that the temple is very nice for map sustain, however, I doubt it was included for this purpose. In fact, I think it should not be able to drop maps, aside from the map room.

When people say they don't care about the Omnitec, clearly it shows that there is a problem with it. The goal of the temple should be to fight to make your way to the Omnitec.

Maybe gating the best rewards behind the kill of the Omnitec, like a special room that would be unlocked only if you managed to kill the Omintec, that would contain all the special reward (corruption, sacrifice item).

A dungeon where you stop at 50% completion because you know that the remaining 50% will be trash (aside from xp and map drop) does not make sens.
-
Last edited by Zybeline2 on Jun 16, 2018, 11:10:32 AM
I'd like it if you could climb into the Omnitec and fly up through a portal in the apex to another star system where there's a timed looting zone.

"
Asmosis wrote:
I'd like an option to reset or "forget" about a temple layout that's just gone horribly wrong in the first 3-4 incursions, making the next 6-7 dead weight to plough through in order to start again.

This please.

Make there be a minimum of completed incursions before a reset (say, 3) so you can't just reroll until you get a great starting layout; but let us reroll if it's clear the temple is worth nothing halfway through.
Last edited by Abdiel_Kavash on Jun 16, 2018, 9:59:19 PM
I like the Temple, but I hate Incursions--they're pretty stupid at times.

Spawning into an Incursion surrounded by armies of instant projectile enemies on all sides? Yes, I really do love zoning in only to get one-shotted the moment I blink. Brilliant.

Other times, you zone and there's NOTHING. I once had an Incursion where the boss I needed to kill was on the bottom. There was 0 mobs besides him on that ENTIRE side. It was all crammed into top. Naturally, I didn't open any doors, and there was nothing to kill to raise the timer, so I got nothing out of that.

Incursions are the worst part about Incursion so far.

^ Dropped in the Museum of Artifacts [l78] just now.

[char has 10% quant, 10% rarity]

RNG!

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 17, 2018, 6:46:25 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info