Helmet Corruption: 90% Mana Multiplier Not Working Correctly

There is a new corruption mod for helmets that states "Socketed Skill Gems Get A 90% Mana Multiplier"

When a 50% mana reservation aura is placed in the helmet it only goes from 50% -> 47%.
It should be 45%.

When placing heralds or arctic armour, it goes from 25% -> 23%.

No other support gems are linked to the aura skill gems.

Helmet Corruption Mod:

Hatred:

Herald of Ash:

IGN: NujARC
Last edited by CajunFries on Jun 18, 2018, 1:30:04 AM
Last bumped on Mar 19, 2019, 4:43:55 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Just to confirm this issue, I'm dealing with the same problem on my corrupted Rat's Nest.
---
Last edited by 7thFullMoon on Aug 1, 2018, 2:44:45 PM
Would like to post here to say reiterate this problem.

Unless rounding works differently with the helm mana multiplier, this in fact does not round according to the wiki formula for mana reservation.

It would be really nice to get a statement from someone in GGG on whether or not this is a bug or the rounding is different with the helmet implicit.

EDIT: After testing more, I'm pretty convinced the problem is that the numbers were never changed from the old body corrupt! That is although the implicit reads 90%, it actually is implementing a 95% mana multiplier. Not sure if the text was incorrect or the internal value, would be nice to get these to match up.
Last edited by nick_ on Jun 30, 2018, 9:46:57 PM
"

Unless rounding works differently with the helm mana multiplier, this in fact does not round according to the wiki formula for mana reservation.

It would be really nice to get a statement from someone in GGG on whether or not this is a bug or the rounding is different with the helmet implicit.

EDIT: After testing more, I'm pretty convinced the problem is that the numbers were never changed from the old body corrupt! That is although the implicit reads 90%, it actually is implementing a 95% mana multiplier. Not sure if the text was incorrect or the internal value, would be nice to get these to match up.

95% multiplier would end up at 47.5%, which gets rounded up to 48% displayed mana reserved, so that doesnt sound like it. I think 6% would make sense though based on me playing around with my mana reservation jewels.

It wouldnt be the first time i've encountered a rounding error, i dunno if its fixed yet but 60% increased aura effect did not make a purity of xxx skill go from 5 to 8% max resist, resulting in 7% max unless you went up to 61% aura effect.
Last edited by Asmosis on Jul 2, 2018, 4:21:56 AM
Isn't this because other than enlighten everything that reduces reservation actually states that it dose, it was a change made a while ago (reduced mana used to effect reservations as well)
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Jul 2, 2018, 5:05:31 AM
"
Asmosis wrote:
"

95% multiplier would end up at 47.5%, which gets rounded up to 48% displayed mana reserved, so that doesnt sound like it. I think 6% would make sense though based on me playing around with my mana reservation jewels.

It wouldnt be the first time i've encountered a rounding error, i dunno if its fixed yet but 60% increased aura effect did not make a purity of xxx skill go from 5 to 8% max resist, resulting in 7% max unless you went up to 61% aura effect.

Actually, although the game rounds up after applying the less/more and reduced/increased mana reservation, it rounds DOWN after applying mana multiplier cost multiplier (which it does before all the other calculations). This can be tested directly in game, and can be found on the wiki article and in pob. All the data shown thus far is consistent with a internal value of 95% mana multiplier.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Isn't this because other than enlighten everything that reduces reservation actually states that it dose, it was a change made a while ago (reduced mana used to effect reservations as well)

This theory doesn't make any sense. The aura's mana reservation is being changed by the implicit, just not by the listed amount.
Interesting.

Well hopefully the bug is in the value, not the description.
Same issue, provides roughly .95-.96 instead of .90
Forgive my lack of familiarity with this forum, but as this bug has been reported, confirmed by multiple players (with screenshot evidence), and is relatively easy to reproduce what is the next step?

Will GGG bug fixers comment here if they are working on it, and/or reply if we have collectively misinterpreted the mechanic?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info