Multiple crashes to desktop - no error message

Since the update I've been crashing to desktop without any error pop ups or notifications. It has been several times now and each time I have been in the temple. I checked Windows Event Viewer, for the first error it reported that the issue was with the steam overlay (I'm running through steam but had not opened the overlay), so I disabled the overlay and reopened the game and it crashed again the next time I went into an incursion in the temple. I checked the event viewer again after this crash and it said the fault was unknown but did report an error with the POE exe file with no extra details. I have tried to verify my game, no files were missing. I have tried various settings including the different DX versions and windowed/fullscreen/different graphics settings, and the game still crashes in both maps and incursions, and I lost my map the last time.

Not sure if it will help but:

i7 8700k
Gigabyte 1070 Gaming G1
Win 10 - updated
16gb 3000MHz ram

I have been having bad frame time spikes on and off throughout the last two days as well, not sure if related or not. No crashes pre-patch.

Hope you can fix it :) Thanks
Last bumped on Mar 10, 2019, 4:32:14 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Same problem here.

Happens more and more after patch ..sadly
Same Here, It has been completely stable as far back as i can remember (for myself). After starting today that changed.

During Haku's Daily, Right as soon as i clicked on the exit (Non-Timed Karui Guide Mission) it crashed. Was able to log back in and claim the completion.

During Zana's Daily in the middle of an attack, crashed for no reason, This is all within 10 minutes.

4th Map caused crash right before leap slam. previously stated crash was about 30 minutes ago.

I will continue to update. If Support can provide what they require, I will provide.

Specs:
Ryzen 1600x
16GB ram
ASRock x370 Taichi
Samsung NVME M.2 SSD
Last edited by ArtikOfTheDots on Jun 15, 2018, 9:59:37 PM
Didn't want to make a new post but it definitely got worse after that patch that was suppose to fix a bunch of crashes. I counted 12 desktop crashes in the last 3.5 hours of play. I couldn't figure out if it happened when I did something specific, because most of the time I am running somewhere, not even when there are a bunch of mobs on the screen. It's insanely frustrating.
Same for me, totally randomly quits, no message. Sometimes even crashed when I'm just standing in town, so no real action happening. No microtransaction on the character what I'm playing atm.

Same here , but mine is worse.Since the update for 3.3 i was getting the same crash but it was not happening in game,it was happening after i chose a server to play or after i chose my character.I didn't know why this was happening and i tried to reinstall the game about 2-3 times,i updated my DX version but it didn't work.

So i got bored and stopped to search a solution and uninstalled the game.

Yesterday i installed the game to play with my friends again, but even after this much time i'm getting the same problem.
started crashing for me, twice while in an incursion since I started using scorching ray with balefire I don't remember it crashing before that.
edit: just had another crash in the temple, it doesn't seem to happen any where else and always when I'm using scorching ray.
edit2: ok it just happened again but in a normal area (the foothills).
Last edited by pluto_800 on Aug 2, 2018, 1:05:09 AM
same. it happens especially if there is a lot going on screen.
Its multithreading, disable it for no more crashes.

Had the exact problem, like 3-4 crashes every day always at stressful moments. After disabling multithreading no more crashes ever.
Last edited by The_Human_Tornado on Aug 14, 2018, 11:02:41 AM
"
Its multithreading, disable it for no more crashes.

Had the exact problem, like 3-4 crashes every day always at stressful moments. After disabling multithreading no more crashes ever.

How does 1 do that exactly?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info