[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
TokeMcBong wrote:

1. I've never seen a need for Convocation, I find more often than not it pulls your zombies off targets and shuts off your leech mechanic for a second or so. All in all I recommend not using it.

When the skill is triggered i agree, but self cast Convocation IMO is making this build really shine. I find myself using Quartz flask (for Phasing) and charging though doors / into packs and using Convocation to reposition the zombies right where the all of them can engage. Going through choke points and waiting for your zombies to funnel through is not fun. Against Syndicate i like to pop Convocation right on top of them to concentrate the dps on the masters. Sure its risky play style but im not playing hardcore so it pays out more often than not.

I like to level with zombies as my main link (not optimal what so ever, but i like to level with my end game skills when possible), and since this build does not get any minion regen until normal lab with Invoker, i was using Convocation on cooldown for that litle bit of regen it gives. It changed my opinion on it completely.

Before i couldn't be bothered to self cast convocation, and at most would link it CwDT. And now i don't imagine playing zombie build without self cast Convocation.

How my character looks at the moment: https://pastebin.com/uieFDa0D if anyone is interested how it looks. Im running Shapers Touch + Geofri's Sanctuary for that strength into ES synergy. The only funky thing i do is run War Banner linked with Generosity for more Physical Damage Taken on enemies (upto 17% from 12% with level 21 gems).
I don’t care what is written about me so long as it isn’t true.
Toke, wouldn't a Spectre that spams Vulnerability be better than one that spams Enfeeble? I can see that Enfeeble would provide better protection, but wouldn't Vulnerability help take down the enemies quicker?
"
D3monPr1nc3 wrote:
Toke, wouldn't a Spectre that spams Vulnerability be better than one that spams Enfeeble? I can see that Enfeeble would provide better protection, but wouldn't Vulnerability help take down the enemies quicker?
I prefer to use Enfeeble for the survivablity. Plus the Vulnerability spectre only spawns in maps as far as I can find, and it's rare in there.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Jan 30, 2019, 11:06:25 PM
Just thought I'd pop in to say I love the build. Everything is pretty straightforward, doesn't require crazy gear, and just works.
How do you manage Frenzy and Power charges for your minions in bosses? Since Victario's Charity only gives charges upon kill, wouldn't it be better to use Chieftain Spectres to generate them, for is the shield purely for clearspeed purposes?
"
Aruelle wrote:
How do you manage Frenzy and Power charges for your minions in bosses? Since Victario's Charity only gives charges upon kill, wouldn't it be better to use Chieftain Spectres to generate them, for is the shield purely for clearspeed purposes?
Victoario's only gives power charges on kill. Frenzy charges come from hits, you will always have frenzy charges up you may not always have power charges up. Luckily power charges only account for around 8-11% of our total damage so it isn't a major loss. Plus there isn't a good spectre for power charges.
question, i am starting to build the gear for an overkiller version of this build

will the attack speed on this

screw me over?

I plan to not use haste in any capacity, and worst case .. plan to keep multi strike at level 1 .

"
TokeMcBong wrote:
Plus there isn't a good spectre for power charges.

The best charge generating specter in the game generates power charges twice as often as carnage chieftains.

Look for host chieftains in act 7 ash fields and then create high level versions of them in a high tier map.

the real issue is actually the carnage chieftains .. their coverage of frenzy is bad if there is only one of them
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 8, 2019, 8:06:08 AM
Thought you couldn't re-revive host chieftains or something, like they turn into the slug thing when they die. idk guess I was wrong about the PCharge spectre.

You'll need to build up the build in PoB to be sure for yourself on the attack speed thing. Just keep in mind you want to be at less than 2.4 attacks per second.
im at 2.67 under charges T-T time to get 3 more exa.. well atleast they are going down in price finally

well i decided to go total ham

aint nothing quite like a queens escape for making a minion build twice as fun.

best waste of a 6l chest ever....
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Feb 13, 2019, 7:50:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info