[Exception] Error -2005270523 [detailed thread] Unable to create index buffer

Long story short: I've been getting frequent screen freezes accompanied by multiple exception messages.

The exceptions pop up at random moments in the game. Sometimes I get the problem when mapping, sometimes when standing in a town, and sometimes it's in my hideout. Whenever the exceptions start occurring the game usually continues in the background, but the screen is frozen and simply shows popup windows with an Exception. The only way to close the game is by using taskmanager or by shutting down the computer.
The exception messages look slightly different each time(different paths, different lines) but the last one looked like this:
Spoiler

"Art/Microtransactions/Weapons/OneHandedWeapons/Swords/innocence_sin/sword_glow_mask.dds": In source code file:
f:\buildslave\build\production\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\TextureD3D11.cpp at line 194, Processing file:
Error: -2005270523
This time together with:

"Art/Models/Items/Weapons/OneHandWeapons/OneHandSword/Microtransactions/Sin1hSword.fmt"
f:\buildslave\build\production\source\windows\visual\device\d3d11\IndexBufferD3D11.cpp at line 40,
Processing file:
Error: -2005270523

Since the exception message mentions a path on the f drive, it might be useful to mention that I don't have an F drive.

I've been having problems with fullscreen mode since 3.0 (posted on this forum under threadnumber 2023506) and I really think that the problems I've been having since then are related to the ones I'm having now. They simply seem to have evolved into screenfreezes accompanied by exceptions.

A possible cause for these crashes is the fact that I'm using 2 screens (I got Path of Exile on windowed fullscreen mode on one screen, and other stuff on the other screen). My AMD Radeon R9 200 Series graphics card shows 2 graphics adapters in the options screen called
AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (#0) and AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (#1) each representing one monitor. When I switch between these adapters the game switches from one screen to the other (as expected). My guess is that the game sometimes loses the focus on the intended screen, and then tries to access graphics on the wrong adapter (even though there's only one graphics card).

I tried the main 'solutions' of course:
-tried about every other option in the options screen
-deleted path of exile files everywhere (including the folder in 'Documents/My Games/Path of Exile')
-reinstalled the game
-tried to delete everything again and installed to a different directory on the computer. (tried installing on HDD and SSD)
-update graphics device drivers
-turning the computer on and off :P
none of them had any effect.

-My main mode of play is windowed fullscreen. Pure windowed mode is pretty much unplayable because I keep accidentally dragging the game-screen and changing to pure fullscreen mode seemed to cause more crashes (+exceptions) than in windowed fullscreen.
-I tried DX9 briefly but the drop in fps was so bad that I had to go back to DX11 (which is also the choice when choosing 'auto')
-I also tried switching multithreading on (I usually play without multithreading). This seemed to introduce other errors.
-Tinkering with the other options did not seem to have any effect.

I've been getting a lot of these exceptions so I'm really hoping that this post will help locate the problem! If there's any other info I can supply that might help, just let me know.
Last bumped on Jan 28, 2019, 3:15:36 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
This is identical to the issues I'm experiencing. My problems started just a few days ago after I got started in Act 6.

Similar to the OP I've tried a wide range of graphics options and none seem to help. I'm running a multi-monitor setup with two video cards.

At this point I strongly believe this is a graphics issue.
Same problem here, any fix??? Game just crashes randomly, I did everything the first poster said as well. I have gtx 970 Ti, no issues with any other game.

can we get this bumped up?
Ok i got also that problem much also one with same number but no message. I have counted out hardware and software problems using generic testing software from 3DMark to memtest86 and trying multiple device drivers downgrading and updating with no help. Most of time i got this kind set of errors they are all top of each other so to get a pic you need drag them apart. When this happens you can only kill pathofexile from task manager since pushing ok buttons just bring more similar boxes.
Another type of that error is when you got just one box like: where pushing ok button leads to
As you can see those problems are related to dx11 version of client. With dx9-client those errors dont occur but fps is so horrible that one cannot just be same room with Izaro without dying on screen lag.
Here is my dxDiag https://pastebin.com/pkZ8Lgny
I also get memory dumps of both crashes i got screenshotted for this post but dont know where to put them. Some kind of issue tracker where you can push all related stuff for crash or bug could probably work better than just forums.

I forgot to mention this happens 99% of my lab runs and 80% on temple of atzoatl or aqueduct-based areas . Other areas i got that too but not as often.
Last edited by The_Thingy on Jun 30, 2018, 11:09:43 AM
I get the exact same error.

Just came back to POE. Not sure what's going on. This is a fresh install. It happens sometimes when I am just idling in my hideout.
Hi!

I got the same exception.
I just returned to PoE after some break, downloaded all the patches and started the game and got the error right after logging in.

Any solutions?

Edit: After trying again, the error didn't pop up at the login screen, but at the character creation screen and next time after killing hillock.
IGN: Maelifica
Last edited by Daxora on Nov 14, 2018, 3:03:51 AM
Same issue. Started happening after patch that merged delve, never happened before. Only happens with DirectX 11 client and only in certain areas. Gets worse with each patch so far.

been getting these errors ALL day on standalone and steam
I also just came back to the game after a long period of time away, and the game has been unplayable.

I've been exception errors pretty regularly as well as the game just freezing and shutting me out (closing the client completely) maybe every 5-15 mins of gameplay (max 30 mins without issues).

I've tried everything I can think off and all the suggestions from the forums
1. I updated my graphics card
2. I re-downloaded a copy of my BIOS
3. I changed all effects to low
4. I used the patch check
5. I used the "repair" feature from my program manager
6. I erased POE and every POE file from my computer and re-downloaded.

My next solution is to run a full system restore on my computer but I honestly don't want to do that as there is no guarantee that it will work.

Nothing seems to fix it.
Any chance this bug gets fixed with the new leauge?
I found similar bug reports from a year ago, tried those fixes, but nothing changed.
IGN: Maelifica

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info