[3.6] Fire Elemental Hit Deadeye - Budget - Endgame

+4 qotf should be best in slot this league, isn't it?
(with some gg dps bow which not waste affixes for +gems)

A few quick questions. I have always played MF early league and continued to start farming BC of course. This was when i was playing TS.. i have seen the changes to EH and thought i would try it considering the WR nerf doesn't seem to be as good anymore. Listed below are a few questions any help would be substantially helpful for me as i am struggling in t6-t7 maps currently.

I currently get one shot to nearly almost everything, i have everything expect uber lab atm. I am mapping with a friend and cant seem to even get thru the map without dying multiple times.. no this isnt my first time playing the game, or a bow build for this matter. The question is more so how to improve survivabilty and how to improve QOL with this build.. it feels weak and not as strong as WR TS MF.. like i said any help would be considered.

Thank you,
should i use 2 pyre's? im not even close to get a frostferno and im lvl 80
"
Destafi wrote:
Spoiler

Gear above. Using it as a solo Betrayal starter, managed to farm all this gear by today (had 1 ex, inpulsas and cospri's drop). Gonna soon get helmet with asp enchant and farm towards ele hit gloves or tombs.

I cant understand, how do I craft a good +3 bow? Top of the ladder all rocking mediocre +2 bows, I mean at this point damage is not an issue, but would love to craft something good.

Fossil crafting for a +3 bow, theres a few guides on reddit from Delve.
"
LaysOriginal wrote:
I am using this build as a starter in 3.5. Some things I have noticed so far:

1. Survivability is not very good. Perhaps it has become apparent because of the syndicates difficulty but I am also getting 1,2 or 3 hit by some low level map bosses. I feel like this build really lacks spell dodge. I may put some points into Phase Acrobatics to see how it feels.

2. Map clear on a 5L pre uber lab is quite pitiful. I think once I get Ricochet things will get better. I am still trying to find all the trials.

3. Leveling was a bit of a chore using elemental hit. I would recommend using something like tornado shot, lightning arrow, or scourge arrow until you can get the 2xcombat focus + avatar of fire.

There are a few other things such as not enough strength for gems which can be fixed by getting more appropriate rares. Also, I would not consider this a budget build (not anymore at least). It requires a significant amount more currency than other budget builds I've played. I was lucky enough to get an exalt drop and spent it on a Frostferno.

My current character: https://pastebin.com/cSXXiwAb . Please point out things I am doing wrong and feel free to ask questions. I have probably but around 1ex and 30c into this char so far. The highest map I was able to do without dying is T6...

tldr: For those looking for a league starter this build has potential, but may need some patience. For those looking for a beginner friendly build, I can't recommend it.

1) I specced into Spell Dodge. Make sure you have enough life/res on your gear, and I'd recommend an evasion/dodge/smoke flask. But as with most archers, you rely on dodge/evasion RNG as well as your own positioning.

2) I don't really feel this. I'm using a 5 link, with Quill Rain, and pretty mediocre gear(no Frostferno, Xophs, etc). I'd recommend a Penetrating Quiver until Uber Lab. It helps quite a bit with clear.

3) Partially can agree with this. It was rough until I got my first combat focus and Pyre. After that, not a problem tbh. Using Quill Rain with Ele Hit helped a lot, and just use lots of Ele Damage %. That being said, another skill is probably faster. I was just lazy and stubborn!

I'm having some trouble with elder guardians and t15+ bosses in general. Can anyone give me some tips on what's the most important thing to upgrade?
"
rootminigunn wrote:
I'm having some trouble with elder guardians and t15+ bosses in general. Can anyone give me some tips on what's the most important thing to upgrade?

You should either be specced into Avatar of Fire, or have Xoph's Blood. Your tree is currently set up as if you had Xoph's Blood, but you don't. That is a massive damage boost you are missing. That's the main thing you should be aiming for.
@zinki can you reply with any help to what i asked above? You seem to have alot of knowledge on this build.
"
Proclordtko wrote:
A few quick questions. I have always played MF early league and continued to start farming BC of course. This was when i was playing TS.. i have seen the changes to EH and thought i would try it considering the WR nerf doesn't seem to be as good anymore. Listed below are a few questions any help would be substantially helpful for me as i am struggling in t6-t7 maps currently.

I currently get one shot to nearly almost everything, i have everything expect uber lab atm. I am mapping with a friend and cant seem to even get thru the map without dying multiple times.. no this isnt my first time playing the game, or a bow build for this matter. The question is more so how to improve survivabilty and how to improve QOL with this build.. it feels weak and not as strong as WR TS MF.. like i said any help would be considered.

Thank you,

-You're tree is pretty heavy on damage and light on health. I'd also consider the extra dodge and spell dodge if survivability is an issue, especially if you have so much MF gear on. Other than that, if you are strictly MFing, not a whole lot of wiggle room for improving gear. Getting a Xoph's will help substantially, can move a lot of points around to get more health and damage.

-You're also missing Point Blank, which helps a good deal for damage.

-If you need leech, I'd also suggest getting Lioneye's Fall and speccing into the claw nodes the build guides suggests.

-If clearing is a problem, consider a Penetrating Quiver until you get your uber lab points. The one additional pierce is quite big for clear due to the mechanics of Ele Hit.

All of that being said, I don't think this is the best option for a MF build, as it has stricter gearing requirements, and a lot more travel on the tree if you don't have required gear.
Last edited by Renley8 on Dec 11, 2018, 3:08:04 PM
"
Zinki wrote:
"
rootminigunn wrote:

You should either be specced into Avatar of Fire, or have Xoph's Blood. Your tree is currently set up as if you had Xoph's Blood, but you don't. That is a massive damage boost you are missing. That's the main thing you should be aiming for.

Ohhh I see, that makes a lot of sense, thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info