[3.6] Fire Elemental Hit Deadeye - Budget - Endgame

Last edited by kl9kca on Sep 28, 2018, 4:01:07 AM
"
eluec5 wrote:
Spoiler
Right, call me an idiot but there's a couple of interactions I don't get.
I've started this build in Delve. I am really impressed with the DPS output and I am keen to push the character further. My gear's not high end yet.

I also have the two Combat Focus jewels effectively focusing my Elemental Hit on purely Fire hits. I don't have a CotB ring yet

-Elemental Hit only deals damage of the chosen element
-Elemental Hit deals no damage of other damage types

Here's where I start having a problem: With two Combat Focus Jewels equipped there's no cold damage to convert to fire damage with Pyre, there's no lightning damage to convert to cold damage with CotB and there's no non-fire damage to convert to fire damage with Avatar of Fire. (I haven't got a CotB just yet)

Am I seeing this right, all damage conversions (from Pyre, CotB and Avatar of Fire) happen before Elemental Hit can choose an element?

I think I'm not the only one who didn't immediately see those interactions. Maybe I'm not keeping a close enough eye on patch notes and skill interactions.

I would really appreciate some clarification.

"
Heding wrote:
Spoiler

you dont need pyro if you use frostferno. CotB i have buy 7 h ago for 5 chaos with 15% resist and 40% mana reg. how work ring in this build i dont understand but they work Xd i see with dmg.. my problem only with low life because i spend all currency for must have items ) and dont have money for either items ) right now i got 31k single target, 13k with gmp setup and only 2350 health if i dont doge all hits from boss he 2 shot me ) ( first hit
leaves 10-100 hp XD )

--- How do you only have 2350 HP? Appart from the above listed items my gear is trash to cover resistances (ok, it's not actual trash but it's not rolled for massively high life) and I'm at 3471 HP. Single target DPS sits at 78k and 5l AoE at 34k with Avatar of Fire from the skill tree but without CotB.

[edit] Get a Chin Sol my friend. The damage output will do wonders for your survivability!
[edit2] Ignore me, I just found a Quillrain. You want to keep the attack speed!

My survivability could be better but I rarely die and the only thing I'm really chasing is Kaom's Heart.

"
Spoiler

The thing is, Cobat Focus doesnt convert the damage from the elements you didnt choose, only ignore it.

So, if u deal 10k fire damage, 10k cold damage and 10k of lightning damage, when you put the 2 specific jewel you will only deal 10k of fire damage and the other 20k will be lost, but when u use the rings they will convert that lost damage to fire.

In the end-game you can get a Xoph's Blood cuz only he will give you avatar of fire and the rings become sort of useless.

--- I see what you're saying. So Elemental Hit normally just ignores all the damage from elements not chosen with or without combat focus? But damage conversions from various mechanics happen before the element is chosen, right? Somehow that's counter-intuitive to me but it seems indeed to work like that. And very well.

For some reason Pyro still improves my AoE damage by about 4k DPS even with Avatar of Fire, but it doesn't do anything for my single target. Odd.
Last edited by eluec5 on Sep 28, 2018, 12:13:40 PM
"
Kosmogrzmot wrote:
Could somebody tell me why is it so hard for me to make t9+ maps? I am able to die from 2-3 physical hits from normal monsters, while fighting against bosses i have to really put an effort into dodging and it takes me a while to kill a boss..

Look at the equipment people are showing in this topic and find 10 differences :P You will get answer to your question. BTW - T9 maps with such gear? Congratulations! And it is not a joke, real achievment to get that far with such crap!
Hi, can someone explain to me the choice of Pantheon?

Why Soul of Arakaali with Arachnoxia?

And another thing, what happens if I drop Pyre when I have Frostferno?
My aoe attack will lose DPS right?

Thank you
zzz
How's the survivability with this build? I know I have not done last lab, and very low level I'm guessing it's that? got 1 shot by just a normal attack in BC and almost died in a t1. I was avoiding mechanics that would hurt me a good amount but this build does seem like I have to be in the face of the boss so not sure how to go about it.
"
wanghien wrote:
Can someone explain me?
I do not understand how it works.

His jewels has a problem or I made a mistake.
Thanks!

Doesn't need to be allocated, just need to be in radius.
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:
How's the survivability with this build? I know I have not done last lab, and very low level I'm guessing it's that? got 1 shot by just a normal attack in BC and almost died in a t1. I was avoiding mechanics that would hurt me a good amount but this build does seem like I have to be in the face of the boss so not sure how to go about it.

It case of this build your survivability is based on 2 factors - lifepool and DPS. Of course, you can do some experiments here, like QOTF instead of Kaom's Heart, but in general, Kaom is the best option. With good items and Acrobatics node you should have ~42% evasion rating and 30% dodge chance. Everything else is life and DPS. The basic idea is to not let anything hit you. So, you should kill any mobs on map, before it even get close to you. Then there are bosses and endgame bosses. High lifepool is a must there, as they can hit and they can hit really hard. So - higher lifepool means higher survivability, but it is obvious.

In my case, currently, on lvl 91 got 6800 life, 101k unbuffed 6l "tooltip dps" in hideout (from gems set in chin sol) and 205k unbuffed Frostferno "tooltip dps" in hideout. Much more with flasks, tailwind, assassin's mark (got opal ring with +12 ass. mark on hit) and power charges. I can clear T16 with any mode except ele reflect (but I role out temp. chains and monster hexproof too, becouse I'm lazy), I can do deathless red elder and any red elder guardian. I can beat shapers guardians, but not deathless in case of things like mino (still lack dps do do it atm). Probably can beat the Shaper, but did not tried him this league yet, as I have to be sure I will not loose fragments. So will try him propably at 120/250k unbuffed tooltip, as I beat him with such dps on standard:)

Uber Elder? Well... if you are skilled enough, you can survive it too :)
Ah I see, thanks again! I'll just level in low tier maps or BA.
"
"
Cpfuzzy wrote:

It case of this build your survivability is based on 2 factors - lifepool and DPS. Of course, you can do some experiments here, like QOTF instead of Kaom's Heart, but in general, Kaom is the best option. With good items and Acrobatics node you should have ~42% evasion rating and 30% dodge chance. Everything else is life and DPS. The basic idea is to not let anything hit you. So, you should kill any mobs on map, before it even get close to you. Then there are bosses and endgame bosses. High lifepool is a must there, as they can hit and they can hit really hard. So - higher lifepool means higher survivability, but it is obvious.

In my case, currently, on lvl 91 got 6800 life, 101k unbuffed 6l "tooltip dps" in hideout (from gems set in chin sol) and 205k unbuffed Frostferno "tooltip dps" in hideout. Much more with flasks, tailwind, assassin's mark (got opal ring with +12 ass. mark on hit) and power charges. I can clear T16 with any mode except ele reflect (but I role out temp. chains and monster hexproof too, becouse I'm lazy), I can do deathless red elder and any red elder guardian. I can beat shapers guardians, but not deathless in case of things like mino (still lack dps do do it atm). Probably can beat the Shaper, but did not tried him this league yet, as I have to be sure I will not loose fragments. So will try him propably at 120/250k unbuffed tooltip, as I beat him with such dps on standard:)

Uber Elder? Well... if you are skilled enough, you can survive it too :)

And if you want more survivability in trade for some DPS you can get a Watchers Eye with defensife effects to haste and grace like "phasing while affected by haste" and "dodge attacks/spell hits while affected by grace". Those are good to do some high level delves.
"
"
wanghien wrote:
Can someone explain me?
I do not understand how it works.

His jewels has a problem or I made a mistake.
Thanks!

Doesn't need to be allocated, just need to be in radius.

This jewels have radius medium, not enought.
And i want to ask about this jewesl, between his jewels and my jewels, 6 Million?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info