How to sustain any 1 map type?

I am very new to the atlas system and I was wondering how you would go about having the best odds possible of making a map like burial chamber most likely to drop instead of higher or lower tier maps.

I shaped my burial chambers map bc I like the layout and honestly it just screams profit just by having a chance to get a doctor card. (Always wanted my own hh too.)

Highest map I have completed is 1 t9 wastepool map if that hinders anything I am willing to uncomplete it.

I also only have 30 or so map bonus I have only progressed that side of the atlas.

Anything is helpful.
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2018, 6:41:47 PM
"
deathopz wrote:
I am very new to the atlas system and I was wondering how you would go about having the best odds possible of making a map like burial chamber most likely to drop instead of higher or lower tier maps.

I shaped my burial chambers map bc I like the layout and honestly it just screams profit just by having a chance to get a doctor card. (Always wanted my own hh too.)

Highest map I have completed is 1 t9 wastepool map if that hinders anything I am willing to uncomplete it.

I also only have 30 or so map bonus I have only progressed that side of the atlas.

Anything is helpful.

Unshaped burial over-sustain

1. Shape Relic Chambers
2. Uncomplete all t3 or less map aside burial
3. Have no t4, t5 map complete
4. Finish as many t6+ to have as many chance as possible to boost level of map dropped.
5. No other maps then Burial chambers can drop.
Wouldn't it be better to leave Relic chambers unshaped and trade up those 3for1?
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
deathopz wrote:

Anything is helpful.

Unshaped burial over-sustain

1. Shape Relic Chambers
2. Uncomplete all t3 or less map aside burial
3. Have no t4, t5 map complete
4. Finish as many t6+ to have as many chance as possible to boost level of map dropped.
5. No other maps then Burial chambers can drop.

So you are saying uncomplete "all" t3 or lower maps and all t4 and t5 maps and ontop of that unshape burial chambers and do t6+ maps the highest I can go on all quadrants of the atlas?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Wouldn't it be better to leave Relic chambers unshaped and trade up those 3for1?

If he want to max his Burial chamber drops no.
If he upgrade Relic chambers he get Barrow. Thats not what he want.

"
deathopz wrote:

So you are saying uncomplete "all" t3 or lower maps and all t4 and t5 maps and ontop of that unshape burial chambers and do t6+ maps the highest I can go on all quadrants of the atlas?

If you have a Shaped Burial its little more complex.
I assumed you were talking about a Unshaped Burial Chamber.

If this can help you understand better

Map drop = Lower map + bonus chance from completion. This go up to 2 level higher.

The strategy I explain will drop only burial because it's level 3 and you get as close as possible to +2 level by completing as many very high tier map as possible.

Here what happen in the game in a Unshaped Burial

Map decide to drop.

Scenario 1:

1.Map will roll between Tier 1 and 3(+2)
2. You roll Tier 3+2 = Tier 5 map drop!
3. If tier 5 available it roll a possible T5 (Connected or completed)
4. If no possible tier 5 found, the map become a T4.
5. If tier 4 available it roll a possible T4 (Connected or completed and in this case Relic chamber if unshaped because it's t4 while Shaped Relic Chamber is T9 and can no longer drop from unshaped Burial!)
6. If no tier 4 possible, it become a T3. If only T3 you have unlocked is Burial chamber you get your map.

Scenario 2 with high tier map completion(Need chance to get higher map at least +1 close to +2 to be more efficient)

1. Map roll between tier 1 and 3(+2)
2. You roll tier 1 or 2
3. Based on atlas completion you get bonus to map level droped
4. If the roll is Tier boosted by completion and you reach t3. You drop Burial Chamber.
5. If map rolled Tier 1 or 2 +0 or not enough to reach T3. I believe no map will drop.

Scenario 3 with Shaped Burial
1. Shaped Burial is a t8 map.
2. You will roll maps t1-t8 + bonus.
3. With maxed bonus on atlas it mean that running Shaped Burial will yield t3-t10 maps.(Lower bonus or no bonus will yield t1-t10 maps)
4. If you have no t9-t10 and only Shaped burial as t8. It mean that you can only get Shaped Burial if the map drop is t8, t9 or t10. Anything else you drop will be another map of lower tier you have unlocked or simply not exist because it will try to find a map until it reach T1 and find nothing.

Conclusion: Sustaining unshaped Burial is cake as you can complete enough to ensure it 99% time drop a T3 map. Sustaining Shaped burial is more complicated and will require you to run t6-t7 maps from time to time as you are droping from T1 to T10 and anything under a T6 as 0 % chances to drop a Shaped Burial Chamber.

This is why people who farm places like Shaped Vault will be able to sustain a bit while having a NEED to buy maps if they want to focus only on that map.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on Jun 14, 2018, 4:42:07 PM
For unshaped burials you don’t need to clear out T5. Only the boss has any chance of dropping T5s and that won’t affect your sustain. If you run incursions and temples you don’t even need to clean out T4. Just making burial your only T3 will be enough to sustain it.
"
For unshaped burials you don’t need to clear out T5.

As far as I know, this shouldnt be true since Atlas completion was introduced and map drop up to +2.
I could be wrong on that particular mechanic.

Are you saying that +2 from completion is up to the monster/boss natural limit ? Because im fairly certain I droped 2 zone higher on white monsters. <--- I will look more closely on following map drops.

Of course, Tormented spirit, Exiles, invasion bosses count as +2 but that shouldnt be too much relevant.
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"
For unshaped burials you don’t need to clear out T5.

As far as I know, this shouldnt be true since Atlas completion was introduced and map drop up to +2.
I could be wrong on that particular mechanic.

Are you saying that +2 from completion is up to the monster/boss natural limit ? Because im fairly certain I droped 2 zone higher on white monsters. <--- I will look more closely on following map drops.

Of course, Tormented spirit, Exiles, invasion bosses count as +2 but that shouldnt be too much relevant.

I believe he states this because of the boss being able to drop +2 tiers.
"
For unshaped burials you don’t need to clear out T5. Only the boss has any chance of dropping T5s and that won’t affect your sustain. If you run incursions and temples you don’t even need to clean out T4. Just making burial your only T3 will be enough to sustain it.

I'd keep T4s locked. Depending on atlas quantity, lots of Burial chambers may be upgraded to T4 which is not what you want. Sometimes I keep Volcano completed as my only T4 that is possible to drop, some kaoms farming for a change.

Completely right about T5s, a drop form boss every now and then does nothing to mess up sustain.
You still will get T1 and T2 drops which again, doesn't affect the sustain.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
I have completed the aforementioned instructions above. Shaped relic chambers, unfinished "all t4 and lower" maps.
I get burial chambers as a drop majority of the time now normally 1:2 or 3 with a random t1 map drop every now and then.

What I think I wana do is do the pen map again so those t1 drops will now be the pen which has the master card drop.

My bonus is like 25% right now I will probably buy some maps after I make more currency the t6 to t10 maps atleast.

1doc card drop before I did all this so I am starting fresh cause I sold that for better gear.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info