[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

This is most likely dead in 3.7. Molten shell now "Reflects" damage rather than dealing it which most likely means it won't be affected by player modifiers(I'm not even sure if it'll be affected by support gems).

Last edited by DichotomousThree on Dec 15, 2023, 11:00:04 PM
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2023, 8:25:39 PM
Hi, it's possible to start w/o rat cage 5 link? Just 4 link or Tabula?
I have currency for items, but only rat cage will be a problematic becouse i need to swap ascendancy :P. BV it's not for me.
Rat cage is strictly required. Without rat cage your ignites will not trigger VMS. However, a 4-link is ok to start with if you can’t get a five link. VMS does so much damage I doubt you’ll feel too much loss from the extra link. Just make sure you chrome it using the vorici jeweller’s method or it’s gonna be real frustrating to color.
"
Rat cage is strictly required. Without rat cage your ignites will not trigger VMS. However, a 4-link is ok to start with if you can’t get a five link. VMS does so much damage I doubt you’ll feel too much loss from the extra link. Just make sure you chrome it using the vorici jeweller’s method or it’s gonna be real frustrating to color.

Okey thanks for tip, i try to start something but poe trade don't like me atm....
Tomorrow I will write more impressions
So.. It's amazing and funny :D

I do small mistake becosue i haven't capped fire resistance and .... i die from my ignite.
At least need to drop shackles gloves becouse haven't chance to make fire resistance.
Need to learn mechanic, first potion next VMS.... i always do vice versa. It's funny and i love to play such troll-shaped builds

Oh and i don't use immortal call, haven't vorici 7 :(
Last edited by Polopiryn on Jun 15, 2018, 7:18:26 AM
Yeah shackles is definitely the right thing to drop if you can't cap your resists.

What you want to do in that case is get a more normal pair of gloves with good res rolls and use the extra socket freed up by not using CoH to put increased duration on your cwdt immortal call link(it will also give you permanent uptime).

You shouldn't need vorici 7 for your immortal call setup though.
Last edited by DichotomousThree on Jun 15, 2018, 9:22:08 AM
How about end game content?
any reason this build wouldn't work as a chieftain?
Chieftain would be easier to gear due to the 100% fire res and deal significantly more damage, but it will be much squishier in boss fights because you cannot sustain the endurance charges required for permanent immortal call. Chieftain will also clear slower due to less movement speed and you can't self curse with temporal chains to increase durations.

As far as endgame content goes, I'm doing T15 maps now and I cleared out a T15 temple. I'm not at shaper/guardians yet but I will be soon. I don't anticipate any major problems with the guardians as I can get pretty heavy DPS. Hydra will probably be the most annoying since he jumps off screen so much. The shaper himself I expect will be easy because he's slow, likes to engage in melee, talks before he starts fighting, and has plenty of opportunity to charge VMS before each phase. I've never done uber elder so I'm not sure what to expect with that fight but I'm guessing there's no way to charge VMS so that may cause the build to come up short.
would this be viable on hardcore on lets say a 4 link ?
i do have 300c to spare but i dont have vorici yet

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info