[3.6] Ignite Flameblast. Shaper down. Cheap to start.

For 3.6 about 18% dmg buff for the skill it self and more buffs on tree. Here new tree with lvl 84 base and lvl 100 https://pastebin.com/idwtskdQ
updated gear & gems

Pros: Tanky, good clear speed, good boss killing.

Cons: is not very cheap to do in endgame. (needs 6L staff and kaoms heart)

Shaper kill - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZ1_Sq98BgU

PoB - https://pastebin.com/nGkmxui2

Gear

Lvl 93 tree

Bandits: kill all

Pantheon: Major - Brine King, Minor - Tukohama.
Last edited by 1337fun on Apr 21, 2019, 11:31:55 AM
Last bumped on May 7, 2019, 2:44:21 AM
"
[3.3] Ignite Flameblast. Shaper down. Cheap to start

"
Cons: is not very cheap to do.
"
eTune wrote:
"
[3.3] Ignite Flameblast. Shaper down. Cheap to start

"
Cons: is not very cheap to do.

lol, he did say cheap to START, which doesn't equate to cheap at endgame. All u need is searing touch and hrimnor with basic gear in the beginning. Now if u wanna push endgame that's when a 6L searing touch really shines.
I'm doing something similar to this atm, though with a focus on MoM and shock with Yoke of Suffering. Just started mapping and the ignite damage is really solid though Flameblast alone feels a bit clunky to clear packs. I either oneshot everything inside the radius and leave nothing to prolif, or I inflict a weak burn. I'm thinking of incorporating a pseudo 5link Fireball for trash clear. I still need to bump up my cast speed, planning on using two Profane Wands for maximum zoom-zoom.
<delete>
Last edited by werchiel on Jun 18, 2018, 10:18:35 AM
Used to love flameblast - played it two leage in a row. And then they broke ignite.
I have been looking to return to it for sure. Used to run it with doryani's but this seems pretty solid.
I'm making one of those this league and that's it. I'm gonna run with cloak of flame tho - been a pretty big fan of this item for a while and I always try to find opportunity to use it.
Last edited by werchiel on Jun 18, 2018, 8:38:09 AM
I am very interested in a full guide. I love the ability and playstyle but I am bad and haven't been able to pob anything to get decent boss-killing damage.
would this be reliably doable as lowlife? (big fan of LL since their generally more tanky)

and if so would it actuablly be benificial or just gimp the damage?
"
wolviesaurus wrote:
I'm doing something similar to this atm, though with a focus on MoM and shock with Yoke of Suffering. Just started mapping and the ignite damage is really solid though Flameblast alone feels a bit clunky to clear packs. I either oneshot everything inside the radius and leave nothing to prolif, or I inflict a weak burn. I'm thinking of incorporating a pseudo 5link Fireball for trash clear. I still need to bump up my cast speed, planning on using two Profane Wands for maximum zoom-zoom.

For clearing mobs u never cast full blast. Just a few stages, 3 at most. Just tap it on a pack and move on.

"
shadowragex wrote:
would this be reliably doable as lowlife? (big fan of LL since their generally more tanky)

and if so would it actuablly be benificial or just gimp the damage?

LL is basically useless for this, since it does not boost the ignite, only the direct hit.

P.S. sry for the late answer, i thought i set the thread to notify me, when something is posted. But i didn't.
Last edited by 1337fun on Jun 22, 2018, 7:15:52 PM
Why not Swift affliction over unbound ailments? Is it too hard to keep renewing a large ignite?
Is Emberwake a noob trap? Seems like POB is losing some DPS on ignite, your damage seems so massive.

Forgive my ignorance, I'm used to playing attack builds and flameblast is the only spell I really find intriguing, I'm just unfamiliar in min/maxing casters.

I started with a flameblast ele but with 6k life and 1.5k mana I felt so squishy in high yellows when flasks were down I rerolled to bv. Immediately regretted and just started a new toon.

I know with 10k ehp (like you have ) it would feel more tanky. I had considered starting maybe a trickster, seems like it would make it even tankier (at a massive loss to ignite dps?), the worse starting point bugs me though. Perhaps some kind of indigon build if it scales ignite any

Seems like crit might be possible, although more expensive to gear. I wouldn't mind play flameblast all league though and just pouring all my currency into the one toon.

Sorry for so many questions I'm just so excited to see your build. Going to start theory crafting a trickster. I think Kaom's is probably to good to consider Hybrid or CI. Think it's possible to make use of ghost dance on a life build efficiently?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info