Quiting drinking sucks

Just saying hello from withdrawal land

I might explain when I stop shaking
I dont see any any key!
Last bumped on Jun 29, 2018, 11:17:26 PM
I disagree; it’s a matter of perspective. Habitual excessive drinking sucks, as that’s what causes the symptoms. Quitting drinking is great, because in a few weeks you’ll start to feel much better. Alcohol is poison, and if your experience is anything like mine, the sensation of not dying slowly is like a breath of life, a second chance.

I used to drink every weekend. Only on the weekend, never the day before work, but every weekend and a lot. Usually a six pack and pint-to-fifth Friday night, and 1-2 six packs and fifth or more all day Saturday. Besides occasionally making me a terrible human being, or emotional pile of mush, being sick was normal baseline health. I guess excessive lethargy and a slow miserable death was better than feeling? I’ve no doubt that I would be dead right now if my wife hadn’t set me straight when she did. I’m pretty sure I slept off alcohol poisoning on a monthly basis, like, right on the edge of not waking up the next day. Then I’d cut back a little bit, but be right back there again a month later.

At any rate, you can do it! I don’t know how far desperate and depraved you are, but you don’t want to be anywhere near where I was. Get yourself right, whatever it takes.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
withdrawal symptoms are unfun..

so much sweating and shaking....
I dont see any any key!
If you're getting withdrawals from drinking this intense, I'm happy you are quitting, you are saving your own life right now!
anything is everything
"
Manocean wrote:
If you're getting withdrawals from drinking this intense, I'm happy you are quitting, you are saving your own life right now!

I was drunk or hungover 24/7 at my worst

I cut back slightly

and now im done

Its going to suck for a while but in the end it will be good
I dont see any any key!
What Manocean said. I never had a problem with drinking but fuck if it is anything like quitting smoking you got my empathy. Hang in there!
Censored.
I don't drink at all anymore.

Mainly I drank to be cool and fit in etc. One night at a party at my place I threw up maybe 20 times after playing games all night with beer, and eating chips and salsa.

Made a vow to God never to drink again cuz I felt sort of ashamed I ever even did it. I never liked the taste even.

Some other people in my life i've gotten to stop drinking too. It's just a waste of money and it's best to have your brain working without some drug anyway.

I'm glad you chose to stop drinking.

You'll have a little more money to spend on other things, and people will like you a lot more too.

Shakes etc or not, be happy.

I have not been drunk since i was 19 ( i am 29 curently), but i used to get drunk very often back then, out of boredom mainly. During my first years in college i worked in a bar and it was SO boring and everyone was drinking so it was only natural. Since i 've stopped working in a bar and started driving i have not got drunk but i kept drinking. You know, one beer a day, one glass of hard liquor a day etc. Now it has been almost one and half years that i have not had a single drop of alcohol. It does not bother me. It never did. Alcohol never meant anything for me, in terms of side effects. I hated them. I liked the taste somewhat and that's about it. It is just annoying to pay for sparkling water as much as you would for a beer when i am out.

However i can relate on some level since i have a food addiction. I used to eat dinner out (sometimes junk food, sometimes something better, but still not homemade) almost EVERY day for over 10 years. Now it has been 8 months that i do not touch ANYTHING not prepared at home and is even remotely unhealthy for 6 days, and i allow myself to binge one time on Saturdays. It works well for the most part, since i sleep better, i have more energy etc. and i actually enjoy the food even more on my binges. However it can be hard at times, especially at the start, when you are hungry and you have that urge to eat that chocolate waffle and you are outside and everyone else is doing it.... You get it.
"
k1rage wrote:

If you are still shaking from stopping drinking - call or go see a doctor. You can die from stopping alcohol suddenly depending on how much you normally drink. When you drink a lot on a regular basis, your endocrine system goes into overdrive. When you cut the alcohol that system is still in overdrive and has absolutely NO WAY to slow itself down.

"Delirium tremens (DTs) is the most severe form of ethanol withdrawal manifested by altered mental status (global confusion) and sympathetic overdrive (autonomic hyperactivity), which can progress to cardiovascular collapse. DTs is a medical emergency with a high mortality rate, making early recognition and treatment essential. "

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/166032-overview

Quitting alcohol is a great thing, but you want to do it safely!

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
DalaiLama wrote:
"
k1rage wrote:

If you are still shaking from stopping drinking - call or go see a doctor. You can die from stopping alcohol suddenly depending on how much you normally drink. When you drink a lot on a regular basis, your endocrine system goes into overdrive. When you cut the alcohol that system is still in overdrive and has absolutely NO WAY to slow itself down.

"Delirium tremens (DTs) is the most severe form of ethanol withdrawal manifested by altered mental status (global confusion) and sympathetic overdrive (autonomic hyperactivity), which can progress to cardiovascular collapse. DTs is a medical emergency with a high mortality rate, making early recognition and treatment essential. "

https://emedicine.medscape.com/article/166032-overview

Quitting alcohol is a great thing, but you want to do it safely!

Im through the worst part now

the first 24 hrs is the nasty part

Now I just feel tired

Its kind of an intense experience

also dont have any kind of insurance
I dont see any any key!
Last edited by k1rage on Jun 14, 2018, 12:24:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info