Help with Uber Lab

Hi,

I have been playing in the Incursion league since the first day. I've been doing maps from 6:00AM in the morning to late night and seem to average 30-50 maps per day. Yesterday I only found a single trial towards the evening at around 9:00PM after running around 40 maps during the day.

Can anyone tell me why I am not finding any Uber trials? I am running with Zero "Increased Item Rarity" does that make a difference?

I took the liberty of contacting the top 35 in this list (all the way down to sethsValentine): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2156407

Nearly 50% of them responded and 100% of the players that responded have completed the Uber Lab.

Can anyone tell me what I am doing differently? What are those guys doing that I am not?

Is it because of my zero item rarity?

Thanks,
-David
Last bumped on Jun 14, 2018, 8:29:15 PM
Trials are complete RNG. Best bet is to have other friends speed running low maps and invite each other when you find a trial. I have a group of 2 other people I play with and we just got our last trial last night. Will probly do our labs this weekend.

Note that we have played for 2-3 hours a night since release. In which time we each run 20-30 maps. We have gotten already completed trials way more often then ones we were missing also.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
Thanks,

I want to learn how to be a better player.

I have noticed that when I join a multiplayer game that the trials appear much more often. But when I am running solo I have seen nearly zero trials. Looks like there is a severe penalty for playing solo.

Yesterday I got 1 "roll of the trial dice" out of like 30-40 maps.

This morning I ran into 2 trials immediately upon logging in. But have not seen any for the last 6 hours of mapping.

I still don't understand the system. When I chatted with a few of the top 35 players in Xbox Live chat some of those guys are running solo like me.

-David
"
David_Delaune wrote:
Thanks,

I want to learn how to be a better player.

I have noticed that when I join a multiplayer game that the trials appear much more often. But when I am running solo I have seen nearly zero trials. Looks like there is a severe penalty for playing solo.

Yesterday I got 1 "roll of the trial dice" out of like 30-40 maps.

This morning I ran into 2 trials immediately upon logging in. But have not seen any for the last 6 hours of mapping.

I still don't understand the system. When I chatted with a few of the top 35 players in Xbox Live chat some of those guys are running solo like me.

-David

Are you doing the 30-40 in the whole 6 hours? You honestly should be doing at least double that (the tops guys are probly 3x-4x that if I had to guess). But it still comes down to luck unfortunately.
Xbox Gamertag - Corrison
Mixer - https://mixer.com/Corrison
"

Are you doing the 30-40 in the whole 6 hours? You honestly should be doing at least double that (the tops guys are probly 3x-4x that if I had to guess)

Yeah, actually much slower than that. I'm doing maybe 30-50 maps within 12 hours of slow (old man speed) casual gameplay. I'm sometimes working at the same time on other stuff on my workstation. The Xbox is right next to my computer desk. I go AFK a lot for 10-15 minutes at a time.

I've wondered if those players are doing 300% more mapping than me. I have not watched very many twitch/mixer gaming streams to see how fast they clear the map. Maybe I'll watch one of them tonight.

Thanks,
-David
I have played solo all the time i have spent on xbox poe and the trials can be a nightmare.

Last league it took me a good 2weeks to find the last trial (fire one.
And i did around 10-20maps/day.

Pro players take like 3mins in a map.
Last edited by V3mpa1N on Jun 14, 2018, 3:20:12 AM
just gotta keep playing
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
I ran into the same issue last league. I ran a character up to level 89, but I never managed to find all 6 trials during Bestiary. I had to wait until the character fell back into Standard to run Uber lab, where I thankfully had it already unlocked. I haven't made it to maps yet this season, but I assume it'll be the same RNG. I play solo like 97% of the time. Maybe that indeed is the problem.
Gating by RNG really {is decidedly sub-optimal} in my opinion.

When I first read your note, I also had zero trials - as of getting kicked out for the patch today, I have four. Can't really say when the next two will fall.

I do have one impression - that trials start showing up when I hit the yellow maps. Just an impression but does anyone else have any similar thoughts?
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info