[3.11] Brittleknee’s SRS Necromancer - Reliable, Beginner-Friendly. All content. Harvest Ready!

"
im level 70 now and stuck with srs recast
the gem says that i can spawn 20 srs and they last for about 10.8 sec

so i cast some i flame dash.. they kill something .. i recast some... so i get about 4-6 at a time

is there a way to not play piano the whole time ? so srs last longer

i remember skeletons to last over a minute

so ist this the playstyle of srs only to use full count srs on bossing or what do i missing here?

thx a lot

You may improve the flow of the playstyle by investing into cast speed, minion movement speed and skill effect duration. If you can, get a SRS gem with 20% quality or start leveling up such one. Consider a Silver flask. Picking a passive skill like Potency of Will means ~20% more time. That's also why automating Flesh Offering in the end game is very handy. Eventually you should be able to have over a dozen for most of the time, but they won't follow you if you rapidly increase the distance from them.

Ultimately, Raging Spirits are supposed to be more mobile than skeletons, hence in order to balance these skills out, it's harder to keep them around and they have more of a spell-like feeling. The difference did decrease with the introduction of Feeding Frenzy though, which lets skeletons dash towards their targets. It does increase the aggro radius of Raging Spirits, but I don't think it's worth it.
So this is my first SRS character ever and i have a question :)

When we do bosses, are we supposed to spam SRS all the time or do we spam to 20 then wait til we lose like 5 and spawn out 5 more?

Cause what i been thinking is when we spam SRS we dont actually do any damage at all, since the new ones we spam after 20 is just gonna refresh before they hit the boss
"
LordDuckiie wrote:
So this is my first SRS character ever and i have a question :)

When we do bosses, are we supposed to spam SRS all the time or do we spam to 20 then wait til we lose like 5 and spawn out 5 more?

Cause what i been thinking is when we spam SRS we dont actually do any damage at all, since the new ones we spam after 20 is just gonna refresh before they hit the boss

Even in the worst case it's not "no damage at all", but yeah, it's good to have the right sense of the moment. I don't think anybody can give you very specific instructions though. It depends on the boss, your position, your/their stats etc. Just keep attention to the number of Spirits and try to adjust.
I've been looking at various SRS builds now and and it seems most of them invest into mana reservation. Is this to be able to run Hatred and Haste at the same time ? Hatred is a staple of most minion builds ive done before, but i guess Haste is important in SRS builds to reach max summoned spirits ?
"
I've been looking at various SRS builds now and and it seems most of them invest into mana reservation. Is this to be able to run Hatred and Haste at the same time ? Hatred is a staple of most minion builds ive done before, but i guess Haste is important in SRS builds to reach max summoned spirits ?

The character following this guide would use Hatred and Haste at the same time, as well as Aspect of the Spider, but this requires the investment into reduced mana reserved modifiers and relies on The Covenant to actually cast SRS. I think Haste on its own isn't game-changing, but like with everything, it's about adding as much stats as you can.
why am i dying on end game bosses, А8 sirus can kill me just say (die), i have always corpse nearbly. my character POB https://pastebin.com/RhJWS2Ci
Spoiler
From what I gathered I have the idea your DPS might be a little low for Sirus8 making the fight quite long hence increasing the chance of accidents.
Certain Sirus's attacks must be always avoided. This build does not rely on much dmg reduction and the hp pool is just "sufficent" (and assuming you can keep Disciple of Kitava perma up 10% dmg reduction isnt enough..tbh not really sure it it's a good choice as jewel)
For sure I would swap Deathmark for Elemental Focus ( a 20/20 will provide you much more dps than 21/20 deathmark).
I'm assuming you are using specters to generate frenzy/power charges?
You might also wanna link some of your minions to Elemental Army.
To solve dexterity problems I used a brutal restraint in the socket just above Devotion.
You might also wanna reconsider the amount of cluster jewels you are using. To make use of them you are using a lot of points that probably make it not so worthy.
Last edited by xjej on May 7, 2020, 6:46:04 PM
So I wanted some input on the build I've been playing this league. It is based on this build, but I have made quite some changes throughout. I'm currently stuck and can't think of any significant upgrades (even high priced) to the build both for damage or survival.

The PoB: https://pastebin.com/Bi9vazjV

Obviously the biggest difference is the dual wielding and not using Necromantic Aegis, which also means no Fortify, but instead I have maxed block to 75/75 with high level bone offering for Life on Block, which means I can just run into (almost) anything I want without too much concern.

I can do all content with this build, but the most dangerous thing is still the one shot on the last levels of Sim or at the end of maps such as Malformation when farming Delirium portals. I think the only way to survive that would be to include more health, but I cannot find anything to upgrade/change that doesn't drop a significant amount of damage.

For damage I use unleash combined with the new cluster jewels for a boost to newly created minions/full health minions and of course with unleash I hardly have to focus on casting to keep up the 20 raging spirits. But the same goes for damage that I don't currently see any way to improve the damage without sacrificing a lot survivability.

I am thinking I hit the cap of the current build I'm using but I just wanted to ask for some others if they have any tips for me! :)

"
Salvinn wrote:
So I wanted some input on the build I've been playing this league. It is based on this build, but I have made quite some changes throughout. I'm currently stuck and can't think of any significant upgrades (even high priced) to the build both for damage or survival.

Obviously the biggest difference is the dual wielding and not using Necromantic Aegis, which also means no Fortify, but instead I have maxed block to 75/75 with high level bone offering for Life on Block, which means I can just run into (almost) anything I want without too much concern.

I can do all content with this build, but the most dangerous thing is still the one shot on the last levels of Sim or at the end of maps such as Malformation when farming Delirium portals. I think the only way to survive that would be to include more health, but I cannot find anything to upgrade/change that doesn't drop a significant amount of damage.

For damage I use unleash combined with the new cluster jewels for a boost to newly created minions/full health minions and of course with unleash I hardly have to focus on casting to keep up the 20 raging spirits. But the same goes for damage that I don't currently see any way to improve the damage without sacrificing a lot survivability.

I am thinking I hit the cap of the current build I'm using but I just wanted to ask for some others if they have any tips for me! :)

-Did you run comparison on PoB for gloves corruption between ele weakness vs +2aoe?
-Elemental army on any support minion
-PoB comparison for +2 amulet vs the one you are equipping now
-Shock mod on one of the rings (Brutal restraint option to also free some dex out of items)

Specter might benefit a lot from bloodmagic (if you using them for charges).
Last edited by xjej on May 23, 2020, 7:02:20 AM
"
Salvinn wrote:

By the PoB, I really think it shouldn't have much issues. Looks like Decree of Ire messes up with EE sometimes, because there's cold damage added to attacks on your ring, but even then it looks decent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info