Cyberpunk 2077 E3 trailer

Not a fan of FP but looks interesting.
"
Sarno wrote:
Third-party image, can't vouch for accuracy.
Spoiler
Well, that all sounds great. The way that "weapons" details only ranged options is a little concerning though - might end up as "PoE melee."
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
We will see. But to share something - in the past i played games on hard difficulty. Several years ago that changes - especially in FP and TP games - i want to enjoy story, interactions not the mechanic per se (well hakc and slash is different but its obvious) so i play on the lowest difficulty level. And probably i will play CP2077 the same way. Enjoying all the world, rpg elements but fight are just things to do because game was designed that way. But thats me.
"
Sarno wrote:
Third-party image, can't vouch for accuracy.

"RPG with shooter elements"

Let's hope so! Bioware, before the EA-Bioware conversion, was ambitious with Mass Effect. And it definitely felt like an RPG with shooter elements, but ME2, ME3, and (oh God) ME: Andromeda felt more like a FPS with RPG elements.

I am looking forward to Cyberpunk 2077, but am tempering my expectations. They did well with Witcher 3, though. So I have some faith for CD Projekt Red.

I love the escape from our tired and boring (yes, it's a staple, but it's also making me feel old) leveling system for role playing games. Street cred seems like an interesting addition. I hope "skills", etc. are not gated behind a "level" mechanic.
Bring back race seasons.
Last edited by AbdulAlhazred on Jun 14, 2018, 3:45:09 AM
AngryJoe talks abot 50 min demo on E3.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LAH3qE73lE

EDIT

And something about game misinformations
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LAH3qE73lE
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 14, 2018, 2:09:18 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Something based on a tabletop RPG like this is super flexible and, for all intents and purposes, seemingly original to a lot of people. I don't think there'll be a great many folk wondering if they'll be able to play V the way they played their CP2020 characters. ;)

Probably not. It was a niche genre in a niche hobby at the time, so probably very few people played it.

I have always had a soft spot for the cyberpunk genre. As far as near future scifi goes, it always seemed the most prescient, but there is not a lot of good media out there for it.

I am looking forward to watching Upgrade, though. If nothing else, the shotgun arm reminds me of a street samurai I made for Shadowrun.
This honestly looks like dogshit maybe cuz the sun is out.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Honestly without any actual gameplay footage, this trailer may as well not exist to me.
I tried Neuromance severeal times and never was able to go throught first chapter. Similar to Song od Fire and Ice (hate the show - its boring to me).

Altho GITS was great. New cyberpunky series is Altered Carbon (not bad i recommend to ppl who likes CP).

What i really like - so far - about 2077 is that will be game that is closes as can be to pnp rpgs when it comes to vid games. So im counting on them to do great work.

Also daylight in Night City was on purpouse - they wanted to break some stereotypes and show that game will have full day-night cycle.

IM not hyped but it is game i will give my attention. So few those kind are in today world - interesting to me, that is.
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 19, 2018, 12:39:16 AM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
I find Altered Carbon a bit of let-down after The Expanse, if we're talking netflix-available sci-fi series with a bit of grit.

Not sure if Expanse can be considered cyberpunk so much as sci-fi noir, but it's damn good sci-fi either way.

Expanse is actually hard sf. Its not like space opera, they did focused on theoretical science here. It is good, very good but its not CP.

Also AC - yeah i think with this series there is too much relationships and too less world. But overall its OK. Its not Utopia but then Utopia is not CP, so...

If You dont get what You like, You like what You get ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info