Trade system is TERRIBLE - and not just that

There is no excuse for a shitty system.

You can have good intentions, good ideas but if you implement them Like shit it is still shit
To be honest, i never had issues finding trades from PoE.trade or the official website (getting fond of it now). I play standard and have plenty of players buying alot of gear, ok, mediocre and sometimes good gears. To do well in any trades, you gotta be on top on the meta, item rolls and haggling.

"
trixxar wrote:

Ive never heard ANYONE say they love using the trade functionality in the game. Some like the economics of trade, but Ive never heard anyone say that messaging 35 people for that T12 both makes sense and is fun.

That right there loses my confidence in the devs decision making, when you have pretty much univeral consensus. Not that AH is the right option, obviously you are proof of that, but that the current system is painful, horrid, and turns people off. I dare you are to argue differently, with coherent arguments.

Because nobody like it as it is even GGG but they have fucked up (they said it themselves). Half of the players want it easier and half of the players want it harder and more ssf focused (GGG also want that option) and here a thing. How should they choose which half of the players they should kick in the ass? Thats why they keep it as it is. They know what they wont but that will cost them, and they know it.
"
kuciol wrote:

Because nobody like it as it is even GGG but they have fucked up (they said it themselves). Half of the players want it easier and half of the players want it harder and more ssf focused (GGG also want that option) and here a thing. How should they choose which half of the players they should kick in the ass? Thats why they keep it as it is. They know what they wont but that will cost them, and they know it.

So you, Shagsbeard, some others with unmemorable names troll everyone asking for an improvement to the system while admitting its totally screwed and is not fun.

Thats kinda shameful man. I mean, you are kinda on here blatantly defending a system thats broken and is not fun, and not promoting anything better.

Look, if you can do better than AH ideas, by all means, but why attack people asking for improvements when you admit the system sucks?
"
trixxar wrote:

So you, Shagsbeard, some others with unmemorable names troll everyone asking for an improvement to the system while admitting its totally screwed and is not fun.

Thats kinda shameful man. I mean, you are kinda on here blatantly defending a system thats broken and is not fun, and not promoting anything better.

Look, if you can do better than AH ideas, by all means, but why attack people asking for improvements when you admit the system sucks?

Because i would prefer them going the other way and limit the trading to absolute minimum and improve SSF aspect? It is trolling because we want something on the opposite side of spectrum? Its trolling because we agree with GGG that trading makes gear progression to easy? OR is it just your stubborness that makes you think that your way is the only good one?

Unlike you we understand thats not so easy to just give players what they want, GGG needs to consider the impact it will have on their game and their vision of it. As of now their vision is polar opposite to yours and despite what you may think many players support that approach. The problem is there is also many like you that want it easy, nice and dandy "2 click and i have items". GGG just cant decide which side should get shafted so they rather do nothing and keep both groups.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
trixxar wrote:

Because i would prefer them going the other way and limit the trading to absolute minimum and improve SSF aspect? It is trolling because we want something on the opposite side of spectrum? Its trolling because we agree with GGG that trading makes gear progression to easy? OR is it just your stubborness that makes you think that your way is the only good one?

Unlike you we understand thats not so easy to just give players what they want, GGG needs to consider the impact it will have on their game and their vision of it. As of now their vision is polar opposite to yours and despite what you may think many players support that approach. The problem is there is also many like you that want it easy, nice and dandy "2 click and i have items". GGG just cant decide which side should get shafted so they rather do nothing and keep both groups.

So promote your ideas without tearing everyone down? Its not rocket science.

Or if you need to disagree, quit pretending YOU know what any data says more than I do. You just trust GGG and what they say, or say you do because you think they want what you want.

We both agree the current system sucks.

You are right we both have a preference. Mine actually isnt necessarily an AH. I would be happy if the game was build around SSF. But I dont believe the atlas, and I dont believe the unique traits on many items, were meant to be limited to 1 in 100 players.

The game in its current form was build around trade. Why? Because (1) the game changing quality of many uniques to specific builds is perfectly suited toward people trading items to support their builds. If, for example, all wands increased spell damage by an amount and the only difference was the %, then trading would be helpful but not needed. But look at Poets Pen, a featured build of the week. It totally changes strategy and gameplay and skills used.

Do you want me to believe only people who got 2 drops were meant to play a PP build? Thats like 0.0001% of the game, and they probably werent playing wanders. Thats one example, there are many. You tried to argue that only crazy streamer builds relied on specific items, but a quick look at the class forums, maybe 5 of the top 10 most recent builds (recent, not top performing) have a game changing unique that you cant count on dropping. (feel free to ask for examples).

And because (2) maps. Maps are RNG and SSF players, while possible to progress in the atlas, have a world of difference from even mild trading to fill in the atlas. I dont believe the grind of SSF in the atlas is the intent for the entire playerbase. Maps work only because you can trade them. Or, if you want to argue different, then perhaps we can say the atlas expansion is.. 10? times harder without maps.

So sure, change the whole game if you want.

Or fix the current system.

Arguing to do nothing is self defeatist, bad for the game. Like saying you can't fix politics so no one should do anything differently.
"
trixxar wrote:

Ive never heard ANYONE say they love using the trade functionality in the game. Some like the economics of trade, but Ive never heard anyone say that messaging 35 people for that T12 both makes sense and is fun.

That right there loses my confidence in the devs decision making, when you have pretty much univeral consensus. Not that AH is the right option, obviously you are proof of that, but that the current system is painful, horrid, and turns people off. I dare you are to argue differently, with coherent arguments.

I will not say I love the trading system because I would rather not trade but I like using it to get that one piece of gear I need to complement my build.

I have never in all my time playing POE have had to PM more than 6-8 people to get an item.

The trading system works absolutely fine in it's current state if you use it for the purpose it was created for (complementing your gear) and NOT base your whole game play around it.

The reason that and AH will never happen is because it will trivialise gearing up. Simple as that.

I fully stand by GGG's position on the matter and I am happy they will never allow it. They are smart people who care about the game and have clear data on player trends that goes beyond the wailing cries of a few forum trolls like yourself.

You mentioned you will never buy a supporter pack as long as there is no AH. Well in case GGG cares:

"Boy's I'll boy two for every league and major content update that does not get an AH."

"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Your arguments genuinely dont make sense to me because I have a SSF HC right now that is way outgearing what my SC not-SSF characters did in leagues like bestiary, simple due to incursions and the temple.

There's still risk in doing the temple, depending on buffs on omnitect and the mobs.

So, unless Im a really rare example, and I dont think I am, trivial gear compared to previous situations has no real impact as long as risk still exists.

"Boy's I'll boy two for every league and major content update that does not get an AH.""

I would bet there are a thousand of me for every one of you. Has GGG ever released statistics.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/177409-only-0-15-of-players-account-for-50-of-free-to-play-game-revenue

"Data also indicates that 60.2% of a player’s total spending occurs in the first 24 hours after downloading a game."

So its new players primarily. A few diehards (good for you, no really) dont make a dent.
To clarify, based on what I linked, if new players start, and get turned off by alt tabbing out, then sending messages to AFK players, their loss will be felt far more than yours.

If you have DATA DRIVEN arguments to counter, feel free.

"I have never in all my time playing POE have had to PM more than 6-8 people to get an item. "

Gonna call that a lie, unless you really buy nothing.

An average map for me is about 6. I've done 25 before. Want a screenshot?
"
trixxar wrote:
Your arguments genuinely dont make sense to me because I have a SSF HC right now that is way outgearing what my SC not-SSF characters did in leagues like bestiary, simple due to incursions and the temple.

There's still risk in doing the temple, depending on buffs on omnitect and the mobs.

So, unless Im a really rare example, and I dont think I am, trivial gear compared to previous situations has no real impact as long as risk still exists.

"Boy's I'll boy two for every league and major content update that does not get an AH.""

I would bet there are a thousand of me for every one of you. Has GGG ever released statistics.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/177409-only-0-15-of-players-account-for-50-of-free-to-play-game-revenue

"Data also indicates that 60.2% of a player’s total spending occurs in the first 24 hours after downloading a game."

So its new players primarily. A few diehards (good for you, no really) dont make a dent.

You are using a link that is specifically discussing P2W game. This is not a P2W game. Youe example and statistic does not apply.

It's far far more likely that the core of the GGG's income comes from repeated customers that appreciate and support the game repeatedly. People like myself who buy 1 or both supporter pack every new league.

Realistically POE has 3 kinds of players:

1. People who never buy anything (i think it's a small percentage that probably will not play constantly)

2. People who make one supporter pack purchase to buy stash tabs. QOL improvement. This is most of the players.

3. People who really like the game and appreciate it in full and play it maybe exclusively in the detriment of other games. These are the people who are repeat buyers of packs. Second biggest group of players.

I think that going from category 2 to 3 is quite common.

In any case most of the revenue will come from repeated customers as it is with any business when purchases are not mandatory and they are pleasure or vanity.

I have not bought one tab (besides the special ones) in years - I have around 200 and 10 quads. All my supporter pack funds go on vanity items.

Your example is useless if you not only look at the graph but also read the dam article. Please stop being so basic. You are just running out of arguments and trying to use random bullshit that is unrelated.

You either give a POE statistic or you trust the people who have access to those statistics: the devs.

Regarding your next comment. (BTW you ca use the edit tool to add to your post and not spam with double posts - it's lame)

Does my gear look like I never trade?

My atlas is at 147/158. Does that look viable to you in this amount of time without some map trading?

Think a bit about it. If I really found trading that painful do you not think I would support an easier system? No no trading is fine if you know how to do it and if you (I repeat myself for the 4th time) DO NOT revolve your game play around it and use it complementary.

I am against AH because that will become the core of the game. The to got place to get gear instead chaining maps. NO. JUST FUCKING NO.

That god you have no say in it and that GGG has historically not paid attention to the wailing cries of people without a clue.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Jun 20, 2018, 4:42:19 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info