Trade system is TERRIBLE - and not just that

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

So you want to say, that players actually ENJOY PMing 20 AFK sellers tp get 1c crap, spending 20 minutes to buy fucking 20 essences, etc.? Why do you believe that all players are stupid masochists?

ARPG is all about killing enemies, farming loot and leveling up character. Forcing players to spend their precious time on lame trading system is just a spit in their face, and bad product wont make good money, that's what i think.

No and they shouldnt like it, THATS THE WHOLE POINT. Trading should be there but it shouldnt be the best way to get gear. Thats what GGG wants, thats why they see current situation as failure on their part. They want you to work for your items not buy them. Trading is already to easy, they should make it even more pain in the ass so it would turn out to be "last resort" kind of thing not the first thing you do when you start a new char. Thats what GGG wants but finding a good solution is hard for such gaol. What you think is irrelevant, what important is what GGG wants and they definitely under any circumstances dont want AH because thats the opposite of what they try to do. In short, GGG want trading as painfull as possible to discourage it so you would rather get your own items not currency to get them.
"
kuciol wrote:

No and they shouldnt like it, THATS THE WHOLE POINT. Trading should be there but it shouldnt be the best way to get gear. Thats what GGG wants, thats why they see current situation as failure on their part. They want you to work for your items not buy them. Trading is already to easy, they should make it even more pain in the ass so it would turn out to be "last resort" kind of thing not the first thing you do when you start a new char. Thats what GGG wants but finding a good solution is hard for such gaol. What you think is irrelevant, what important is what GGG wants and they definitely under any circumstances dont want AH because thats the opposite of what they try to do. In short, GGG want trading as painfull as possible to discourage it so you would rather get your own items not currency to get them.

I could have no put it better than this myself.

The idea is that trading is not bad if you use it as the additional boost to your character.

I use it to buy generally major pieces of gear and only rarely for every day stuff. I prefer playing the game more and not min maxing all my map runs etc.

The only people who have a problem with the trading system are people who want to use it constantly and play the market. People already do that even now but I am fine with it because they really really need to put a lot of effort into it to work.

I think trading as it is works just fine if you want to play the game more than trade.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Trade has always sucked in POE. It has always been painful and obnoxious on multiple levels...

I dont know what is going on with the API/POE.Trade, but this league while the league itself is AMAZING, Trade is the worst it has ever been.

Please give us an ACTUAL trade tool.

Use dem 100s of millions of tencent bucks, and develop a damn trade tool!
"
Deliverme wrote:
Trade has always sucked in POE. It has always been painful and obnoxious on multiple levels...

I dont know what is going on with the API/POE.Trade, but this league while the league itself is AMAZING, Trade is the worst it has ever been.

Please give us an ACTUAL trade tool.

Use dem 100s of millions of tencent bucks, and develop a damn trade tool!

But trading is not mandatory for progression so it's a player choice.

So either use it as it is or don't at all. Simple.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
rzuk892 wrote:
I wish that they would at least add an AH for the maps. The only thing that really pisses me off is having to whisper 10-20 people for a fucking map, because they're all either afk, offline, dnd, in lab, temple or w/e.
Or make the maps drop from bosses or something so we can actually play the game instead of sitting there spamming alt+tab ctr+c, ctr+v.

This is the only thing that frustrates me.
Right now I have an 82, 81, 79, 76 with 40 maps unlocked on atlas. I've played some a lot more than once, so probably nearing 100 maps complete. Zana at Lv 6 solo.

I have yet to see a Cells map. Drop or for sale from Zana. It was the same for Relic Chambers until finally Zana sold one last night.

Sure I could trade for one, but with the sextants tied to map completion there really should be a better way to complete your atlas.
"
NightProwler wrote:

Right now I have an 82, 81, 79, 76 with 40 maps unlocked on atlas. I've played some a lot more than once, so probably nearing 100 maps complete. Zana at Lv 6 solo.

That's why you don't have good progress. Those characters levels imply very little map play.

I played only one character (lvl 92) and my atlas is at 147. I think I bought(traded) a maximum of 25 maps.

I also lurked in general 820 and leeched the 4 guardian completions.
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
That's why you don't have good progress. Those characters levels imply very little map play.
Yeah yeah, you are so leet. look man, I'm comparing characters this league and trying to keep them in line with each other. In the T1-5 range I would not say its "very little". I would have expected to see all the T3s to drop at least once by now. Is my point.

Edit to point out I'm not looking for progress here. I have maps dropped up to T13 so far. I'm looking for low Tier completion.
Last edited by NightCicer on Jun 18, 2018, 9:14:10 AM
"
NightProwler wrote:

Edit to point out I'm not looking for progress here. I have maps dropped up to T13 so far. I'm looking for low Tier completion.

Buy from Zana daily completions and upgrade recipes. Low level maps are in now way an issue and most people will confirm.

I had full white and yellow tier completion on day 4 of the league. And I did not even open POE trade for map purchasing purpose in that time. Especially this league when Temple got me distracted good.

The point where a bit of RNG comes in is the Red Tier. There I only bought (or traded for) what I needed for Elder influence spread and Elder Guardian clears.

What I find really frustrating is that everyone complain about trading and no one ever uses /global 820 /trade 820 to ask for Map swaps. It works very well.

I found one guy and we exchanged like 20 or more maps. I got 20 I did not have and he got 20 he did not have. Easy peasy and not poe.trade. Sometimes you got to be a bit creative and actually interact with people and ask questions.

This is one of the reason i do not want an AH. it will kill the little player interaction we have.

"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
kuciol wrote:

I could have no put it better than this myself.

The idea is that trading is not bad if you use it as the additional boost to your character.

I use it to buy generally major pieces of gear and only rarely for every day stuff. I prefer playing the game more and not min maxing all my map runs etc.

The only people who have a problem with the trading system are people who want to use it constantly and play the market. People already do that even now but I am fine with it because they really really need to put a lot of effort into it to work.

I think trading as it is works just fine if you want to play the game more than trade.

Boggle! Two, embedded posts who truly believe that Trade is simply supplemental to gearing in this game, and not the primary avenue to the majority of success.

Also I always enjoy posts speaking for GGG like they have batphone to Chris's office. About the only person I would ever believe that of is Charan, the rest of you are just copy-pasta robots.

Yeah, GGG stated that "painful" thing, in so many words. But if you buy into that as deeply as you obviously do, my condolences. I don't know if it is stubbornness, code limitations, or a previous lack of funding, but why Trade in this game has languished in the ridiculous, and in the hands of AN EXTERNAL THIRD PARTY for this long is the game's biggest question. (Yeah GGG tried to internalize it SUPPLEMENTALLY - to marginal success).
Last edited by Slaanesh69 on Jun 18, 2018, 11:57:23 AM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Defiants wrote:
Yeah, this is fucked, and the only people defending it are the ones who play the game twenty hours a fucking day. Probably the same ones that use scripts and bots to trade.

I have defended the trading system and it's evolution since the game was in it's incipient phase. There was a tremendous improvement along the years and it will continue to improve. Things take time.

Just because you came in at some point and you find it not good does not mean it's not.

To answer your untrue comments I can tell you a work a full time job (40-50 H/week) and also have family responsibilities. I have never used a script or a bot in my life because I prefer actually playing the game to constant fine tuning my trading. You should probably do the same instead of complaining all the time and your QOL will certainly improve.

I have seen the horrors of D3 AH from the moment they implemented it until it killed the game. Because even if they fixed it and it's now a decent game it will never recover from that blow. EVER.

I am 100% opposed to an AH system and I can guarantee you that most players with actual experience in using such systems will be as well.

And AH system also does not fit the POE setting at all. Savage landscape and ruthless environment with no real factions or civilisations (Oriath got reckt) out of nowhere has a centralised trading system in game. It would ruin the atmosphere tremendously and that is more important for a lot of players than catering to your demands.

The idea is simple: if you want to trade you can do it just fine. The website has an integrated trade system you can use. It just needs player to player interaction and availability and so it should be for this kind of setting.

Disagree with most what you posted.

D3 AH was OK. RMAH ruined it, coupled with the way loot was designed. This coming from a player that's played most D3 seasons.

D3 can now be played and enjoyed with no trading at all.

POE requires trading in order for a player to progress. It is thus integral to the game experience. There is nothing more frustrating than PMing and waiting to see if somebody responds.

I think the only ones that have issues are the high rollers. They know that T1 super items will become much more expensive. For us normal folk it will be a QoL improvement. If this game did not rely so heavily on trading it will not be an issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info