Being a mediocre player gets you nowhere in POE

OK OP im probably very similar to You. But with each league i get a little bit far that in last. For example in last i managed to kill Atziri for the very first time thanks to Oni Goroshi build. Now im having Poets Pen beacuse i found it and i see how far ill manage this time.

When im bored i skip current league and wait for next one. Also i play SSF - trading is not worth time and attention when You are player like that.
You don't need a level above 91 for anything and the rest is rng...

More than manual skills you need to know gear to be sure not to miss anything good for sale if it drops. By playing the game and instantly incoming loot you can buy a few good items. Let's say you drop 2-3ex through the league + some prophecies/uniques/rare items. Of course chaos recipe with Incursion provides lot of currency right now. Dodge with movement skills, hit and run and you'll manage to kill any boss in this game with semi-decent gear, even dying few times is fine. You have 5 portals, right? Dying in this game is easy, so I wouldn't care. It's like worrying that you die in Dark Souls, part of the game. No need for 6l or mirror-worth items as well level 95+ to clear whole content. Maybe except Hall of Grandmasters, but yeah... meta helps, but now with OP elder/shaped and special gear from the Incursion the regular rares should be cheap and with luck you can get yourself a 6l gloves or something.
Last edited by Gosen on Jun 11, 2018, 5:49:03 PM
"
Gosen wrote:
You don't need a level above 91 for anything and the rest is rng...

More than manual skills you need to know gear to be sure not to miss anything good for sale if it drops. By playing the game and instantly incoming loot you can buy a few good items. Let's say you drop 2-3ex through the league + some prophecies/uniques/rare items. Of course chaos recipe with Incursion provides lot of currency right now. Dodge with movement skills, hit and run and you'll manage to kill any boss in this game with semi-decent gear, even dying few times is fine. You have 5 portals, right? Dying in this game is easy, so I wouldn't care. It's like worrying that you die in Dark Souls, part of the game. No need for 6l or mirror-worth items as well level 95+ to clear whole content. Maybe except Hall of Grandmasters, but yeah... meta helps, but now with OP elder/shaped and special gear from the Incursion the regular rares should be cheap and with luck you can get yourself a 6l gloves or something.

Lol OP has 15+ ex in gear already. Currency is not a problem for him obviously. His problem is an awful suicidal build that will get quad cursed and one shot by t5 white mobs.
"
RandallPOE wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:

There's a fairly well-known saying. 'All the gear, no idea'. Not saying the OP has 'no idea', but it typically means you can have all the resources in the world, but if you don't have talent, or dedication, or whatever else, you'll never get out of an amateur/mediocre stratum.

There's also the phrase "All the gear, RMTer" - something which immediately springs to mind when you see a profile with 9/10 of the characters having 6 links and yet only one of them has level 20 gems. I'm probably just being overly cynical though...

Damn I didn't even look at the other characters. I'm not gonna lie that's uh, interesting.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Yeah you´re fooling nobody Randall ^^ This "fairly known saying" is your own creation and it won´t catch on lol. RMT is a heavy accusation, I wouldn´t go that far, maybe he has nice guildmates, grinds
shitty content or trades to aquire his 6 links.

Once again, look at his flasks, the absence of self flagellation and no reliable way of mitigating
Soul Mantle´s downside.

This is the real problem.

I finally bothered to look at the profile - given the gearing this early in league, that is a lot of currency spent -

But that does explain a bit - focusing too much on certain aspects and having nothing left to address gaping holes.

I'd much rather run a 5l with 20/20+ than a 6l soul mantle to build up more currency for later.
Yep, totally over league play.
Whether rmt or not doesn't really matter - its feasible for someone to liquidate currency and the like this far in.

I don't think rmt is really cheating either - I just personally think its silly to spend real money on fake goods, but that's more a gaming ethics decision from my experiences of the industry.

But maybe I wasn't so clear, but what I was trying to point out that OP was focusing so heavily on the gear and not nearly enough on the content of said gear and how they interact with each other.

I don't like soul mantle because I don't like running out of flask charges in extended fights (and running out of curse immunity). If atziri's reflection wasn't rarer than mirrors, I'd totally consider building around it and soul mantle.

Hell, I didn't even realize the cons of having immunities in health/mana flasks for quite a while, since at the time I thought charges and more available uses were more important.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
This is not a particularly good game for people whose first reaction to being told what to do is to ask 'why'.

Interesting observation. And likely true for the most part.

Of course, I wouldn't post a reply if I didn't have a "but". I have found particular success in my career by challenging just about everything, and always asking why. And yet in PoE I typically find myself opening a guide and following it rather than min/maxing on my own. Mind you I tend to adapt most builds to best fit the gear I acquire but I still like to let someone else do the synergistic planning. Isn't that strange?
I look at the guides for a few reasons. Given the age of the game and me lacking years of experience with said game - it doesn't make sense for me to try and reinvent the wheel.

But following a guide blindly tends to create players that lack any actual mechanical knowledge - ie do this because it prevents this, or don't do this because this bad stuff happens etc.

The biggest revelation for me between abyss and beastiary was learning the difference between how increase/decrease and more/less interacted with damage.

"
krizzexile wrote:
I tried playing the beefiest, sturdiest, tankiest classes. Those classes their gameplay make chess look like an action game. Problem: you die too because of the afforementioned reasons. Difficult fight take too long usually.

just play a GC totem hierophant
very item independent, can play extremely safe, clears maps decently fast, kills bosses super fast
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

The biggest revelation for me between abyss and beastiary was learning the difference between how increase/decrease and more/less interacted with damage.

*twitch* they'rethesamefuckingthingthedictionarysaysso....

Mark disagrees.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info