Being a mediocre player gets you nowhere in POE

"
kuciol wrote:
Ok we get it, PoE is not a game for sunday morning causal gamers. Now tell me why is it a bad thing? Not everything must be catered towards such players.

Depends on how you look at it. I'm a casual player and I enjoy POE very much. I have 3 months to play it in strides. I can take maybe at least 2 chars to level 85 in that time, depends. Yes I may not reach "end-game" but casual me don't really care, so long as I enjoyed the game while I was playing it. I don't feel the need to get the perfect rolls for the gears that I need and by the second month, those non-perfect rolled gears are cheap enough I can afford them. The "end-game" is the farthest my build can go with the gears I can afford.

POE is just a game, an entertaining game, with just enough complexities that keeps me interested to enjoy and have fun, that's it. I don't really care who it was made for, but I got to play maybe most of its contents until red maps, beyond that I can watch God-mode streamer videos to know what it was.

Thinking about it more, maybe it was made for casuals like me. And the "end-game" is our carrot on the stick. Since its very difficult for us to reach it, we don't get bored at any point during the league since we are still struggling to reach it by the end of the 3rd month, we surely would come play next league and buy more new shiny MTXs. LOL.
Filthy Casual Scrub.
"Belief is the strongest metal of them all." - Izaro
"
kuciol wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

So you call "casuals" everyone who cant play the game 6+ hours EVERY DAY? Because that's all you need for PoE, your skill actually matters a little there

It more like 4+ hours a day but yes thats who i call casual. This game demands dedication unlike so many others. If you are unable to dedicate a lot of time to it than its better to find something else than try to change the game itself to fit your demands. Thats how this game was intended to be and thats how it will continue to be.

Let's be realistic here - if the only PoE players in league spent 4+ hours in game active daily, the economy would be a lot worse in a league as there would be so few able to manage 28+ hours per week.

While PoE Design may be oriented towards people who can play extensively over the course of a 3 month period, it would be detrimental to exclude those who don't.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:

Let's be realistic here - if the only PoE players in league spent 4+ hours in game active daily, the economy would be a lot worse in a league as there would be so few able to manage 28+ hours per week.

While PoE Design may be oriented towards people who can play extensively over the course of a 3 month period, it would be detrimental to exclude those who don't.

It's rather 1 month period. Because after 1 month, PoE league is dying. After 2 months, it's already dead. Very few plays league for full 3 months, and trading experience get worse and worse as time passes. After 1 month, trading becomes far more annoying, and after 2 months, trading feels like living in ghost town.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
TC, for some reason you don't have "Conviction of Power", which is the ascendancy node that allows you to actually gain and sustain power charges while using Shimmerons with Hierophant. Without that, your weapons are basically dead in the water because you have no power charge gain at all. Those 4 ex weapons aren't going to do you any good without power charges.
The more I look at his chars the more suspicious I get LOL someone help
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
The more I look at his chars the more suspicious I get LOL someone help

I have way too much faith in humanity. Would someone who has blatantly RMTed their gear start a topic in general discussion at all, let alone one so likely to get lots of responses? Would they draw that much needless attention to themselves?

I'm not being rhetorical here. Absolutely asking with a desire to know more. Is there some psychological mechanism that makes this even vaguely logical to a certain mindset?

Idk for me it just makes no sense, it could just be the soju talking but I started with a cheerleader attitude and the more I look at other people's posts, I'm asking myself.

Unless this dude has just plain dumb luck it makes no sense to me how he acquires these. But if you put yourself in his shoes, it starts to make sense, he buys all the items that he understands, but does fuck all about all the intangibles. You see it in a lot of blatant situations.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Mediocre doesn't get you anywhere yes but if you're having fun I don't think you should give a shit.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
How is not being able to do all the fun and cool endgame content any thing but NOT FUN ?
Domine Non Es Dignus
"
Zinja wrote:
How is not being able to do all the fun and cool endgame content any thing but NOT FUN ?

If you can't do it then strive for it what are you going to just to get emo and make a forum post of how bad you are? I guess you can sure be my guess.

I'll just make fun of you if you can't do that simple factor.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Mediocre doesn't get you anywhere yes but if you're having fun I don't think you should give a shit.

It's too bad that mindset seems to be lost on some people. But then again someone is still trying to tell me PoE is a demo in another thread.
Yep, totally over league play.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info