Worst beta ever.

Well I don't think(or hope) the game will bomb,but I can understand the rage felt by having to deal with a random system that could give a key to someone who joined 1 hour ago over someone who joined one year ago...
To each their own. Though I do find it funny that the OP has not even played the game and has come to a conclusion. At least "flybutterfly" has played the beta before coming to his/her conclusion. I have played through he D3 beta many times over to include the recent rune stone patch. These two games cater to two different groups of people.

As for the random key giver, I joined the forums at the end of Feb and worked for a key. There are people who present puzzles or trivia for keys. I can understand if you don't feel like working for a beta key, but then rage-posting is no better.
"I remember a better solution in an old issue of Popular Mechanics. A lead coffee cup - kept warm perpetually by a little chunk of plutonium."
Well, i for one, LOVE this game, i was kinda curious, cuz ive never heard of this game before, so i tried out for the beta, and i got one like 2 months later, AND BOOM, it does not need a Super power computer to run, it has awesome graphics, nice gore, AWESOME skill system,BUT i would like to have a more .. I would like a clearer storyline and so I should not have to guess my way through where to get the assignments.
More story line and more side quests, this is though not a big problem for me, DAMN i love this game.
I got my key from a 500 key giveaway.
At least, it's a lot easier to get a key for this beta than the ridiculous stuff Blizzard pulled for D3...
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
Let us not forget that D3 beta isn't a beta at all...

It's a teaser to attempt to keep people interested while they continue to completely revamp the game over and over and over, while delaying the release over and over and over.
Lets be honest... It is complete crap way of giving out beta keys especially for a game that is going to be free to download and play...

I am sure this will be a fun game for some but this hokey system of fluff our knobs to get a beta key or rely on our random timer thing to drum up site traffic really is the pinnacle of sleezy underhanded crap...

You want site traffic make a good game and get the keys out to people so word of mouth gets going... Relying on the word of the most masochistic of fan boys or the luckiest bastatiges of the week is not that comforting. Nor does it really inspire me to jump thru hoop after hoop to get in your game... Worse when people ask what I think of it my opinion will be tempered by this silly stunt driven site traffic crap...
Have you a beta key you can give out or is it strictly for the selected only. Is this beta closed?
Last edited by Hordian on Mar 7, 2012, 12:08:23 PM
"
grnhornet wrote:
Lets be honest... It is complete crap way of giving out beta keys especially for a game that is going to be free to download and play...

I am sure this will be a fun game for some but this hokey system of fluff our knobs to get a beta key or rely on our random timer thing to drum up site traffic really is the pinnacle of sleezy underhanded crap...

You want site traffic make a good game and get the keys out to people so word of mouth gets going... Relying on the word of the most masochistic of fan boys or the luckiest bastatiges of the week is not that comforting. Nor does it really inspire me to jump thru hoop after hoop to get in your game... Worse when people ask what I think of it my opinion will be tempered by this silly stunt driven site traffic crap...

Sorry you feel that way, you see it as a sleezy underhanded way to hand out beta keys.

I see it as 288 people get invited to the beta every 24 hours, that doesn't require a dev, or some other company resource to hand it out.

Let us also not forget, that all beta members do get friend invites periodically, probably 20 or more are given out a day just in the beta invite discussion forums. i personally have given away 6 to people who have never posted on the site (real life family and friends).

"
Hordian wrote:
Have you a beta key you can give out or is it strictly for the selected only. Is this beta closed?

It's closed in the since that you have t be invited to participate, but open in a sense, because 300 people a day are invited to join.

Also, grnhornet, GGG has a hit on their hands here,and i'm not even a "hardcore" gamer, i'm way more casual than most, and this game is a blast, literally endless possibilities of character builds, and gear setups, and they aren't even remotely done developing the game yet.

Take from it what you will, sorry you are bitter, and a 'hater' of a game you haven't had then enjoyment of playing yet.
"
flybutterfly wrote:
"
kodr wrote:
flybutterfly really has too much time on his hands, he creates multiple accounts to troll the forum ^^;

And can you prove I made multiple accounts?

Just because you like this game doesn't mean everyone else does, stupid poe fanboy.

Then why are you here? This is like the people that whine and complain about League of Legends on the Riot forums. If you don't like the game, go away. If you have no money, there are still a billion other FTP games.
Spoiler
The Games Free
nuff said.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info