So now that PoE has a AAA budget, when will we see AAA production quality?

You want answers, you gotta make it to the reddit top comment. Then you would get official response for some specific issue. But, reddit is busy with memes atm..
Poe 2.0 new trailers when?
give it a few years for poe2. the next generation of games will make this look/feel obsolete really quick.
"
teksuoPOE wrote:
give it a few years for poe2. the next generation of games will make this look/feel obsolete really quick.

This.
When someone makes a fair competitor to PoE, PoE will die very quickly.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
stuncc wrote:
Things to be done:

- 6 MONTHS LEAGUES
- AUTO PICK CURRENCY
- AUTO STASH CURRENCY
- IMPROVE PARTY UI SYSTEM
- IMPROVE UI OVERALL
- CREATE GRINDING PARTY INSTANCES
- FOCUS ON PARTY SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
- REDUCE CLUTTER ON SCREEN
- SLIGHTLY INCREASE CAMERA ZOOM
- NEW ACT 10.5 INSTANCE (FOCUSED ON PARTIES WHERE U CAN ONLY CLEAR IT WITH THE HELP OF OTHERS)
- MORE GRINDING AND STABLE INSTANCES RATHER THAN RELYING ENTIRELY ON MAPS DROPS
- AUCTION HOUSE

LETS GO TENCENT!!!

You're drunk, go home.
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
teksuoPOE wrote:

This.
When someone makes a fair competitor to PoE, PoE will die very quickly.

If you think you can have a game with garbage skill tree and call it poe competitor then im sorry. Poe is impossible to copy. You need to copy tree, crafting system, item stats.. skills socketing system... etc..
He didn't say a clone of PoE, he said a viable COMPETITOR. Something that can actually compete with PoE in the same game type, as in semi-F2P ARPG.
"
LowBudget780 wrote:

Let's be honest here, this game is ok (not amazing, not terrible. it's just a decent Arpg) but the reason it has done so well is because there's no competition at the moment. The second something better comes along people will jump ship, that probably has a lot to do with why GGG sold the game to Tencent, they know the inevitable will happen eventually and it's always a good move to cash out when your riding high.

But you have to spell it out, what features would make the so called "competitor"..

Honestly, half the fun is leagues, another half is crafting. Dont get me started on currency, no other games has interesting currency, just gold gold..

Even AAA diablo 3 barely survives with its own ladder, but that is a dry leaf in terms of content the league provides from poe. <- read this sentence twice or more.

So no other company will pour so much work for leagues. ever.. it needs budget, it needs a company not to be greedy with ladder stuff like blizzard does.
It very much depends on Tencent's strategy to utilize what they have bought and the ability of GGG to convince them. If they have bought only a game, it may be treated as a milking cow until it's done. I don't think they will leave it at that and think they will consider having bought a studio with strong capabilities to deliver a lot more.

All kinds of strategical benefits may be enjoyed by both parties. I'm pretty sure there won't be truck loads of money for PoE. But there may be strong support strategically for GGG to grow with Tencent's backing, if they are convincing enough with their business plans (which I hope they will be).

With the (restricting) momentum PoE has and the dedication effort-wise a strong backing party I think is essential to gain some strategical freedom.

Fingers crossed?

Cheers

PS. A small additional rant on Blizzard: I still have no idea on how they did not invest in D3 to keep that game going stronger, or the Diablo line altogether. It's immensely popular, still. I can only imagine Blizzard as an incredibly lazy fat cat. GGG should give them a run for all their money. Some day.
Did you try turning it off and on again?
"
webas wrote:

If you think you can have a game with garbage skill tree and call it poe competitor then im sorry. Poe is impossible to copy. You need to copy tree, crafting system, item stats.. skills socketing system... etc..

Copy socketing system? Which is now reduced to "use skill gem and 5x supports for more damage"? It's good only in theory, and in reality, it's no better than skill systems in other ARPGs, such as Grim Dawn, D3, Sacred 2, etc.

Tree and class system are nice, i admit, but i've seen some similar systems in other games. Why do you think other game cant have something similar?

Item stats in PoE are not so different from item stats in other ARPGs, like Sacred 2.

Crafting (or, better say, "gambling") system sounds great "on paper", and in practice, is simple gambling praying for rolling proper mods. The real crafting in PoE is adding mods by masters, and that system is present in many other games.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 16, 2018, 3:50:56 PM
"
morbo wrote:

Forget about..."Unreal" 3D engine

Oh GOD that would be...EPIC...to have the game on UE4. Far more stable, easier development prototyping (so more content, faster, maybe), workflow, etc.

And no more stupid .ggpk that runs like donkey dong.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info