So now that PoE has a AAA budget, when will we see AAA production quality?

Remember how pre-launch, Chris kept talking about how much they're ahead of schedule, and how much polish time they have left? And remember how launch day was still a shitshow, how the client now crashes so frequently for some people that it makes the game unplayable, and how there's still dozens of bugs?

All of which is acceptable from a small 100-man indie company. But now that GGG have got endless trunks of cash coming in from Tencent, they can afford to hire some external QA people. Lord knows they need them.

And don't give me that 1k hour expert crap, you don't need to be an expert to know when the game's crashed.

I appreciate that it takes some time to set these things up, but if by the end of the year there isn't a marked drop in bug counts and stability/performance issues, I can only chalk that up to a lack of effort/caring on GGG's part. They ought to have the resources.
Last bumped on Jun 17, 2018, 3:48:05 PM
There is no money coming in from Tencent. Quite the opposite. They want money back.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
Things to be done:

- 6 MONTHS LEAGUES
- AUTO PICK CURRENCY
- AUTO STASH CURRENCY
- IMPROVE PARTY UI SYSTEM
- IMPROVE UI OVERALL
- CREATE GRINDING PARTY INSTANCES
- FOCUS ON PARTY SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
- REDUCE CLUTTER ON SCREEN
- SLIGHTLY INCREASE CAMERA ZOOM
- NEW ACT 10.5 INSTANCE (FOCUSED ON PARTIES WHERE U CAN ONLY CLEAR IT WITH THE HELP OF OTHERS)
- MORE GRINDING AND STABLE INSTANCES RATHER THAN RELYING ENTIRELY ON MAPS DROPS
- AUCTION HOUSE

LETS GO TENCENT!!!
"
Mythabril wrote:
There is no money coming in from Tencent. Quite the opposite. They want money back.

So you literally saying there are solid reasons to expect even lower quality and its dropping with time?
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
"
Mythabril wrote:

So you literally saying there are solid reasons to expect even lower quality and its dropping with time?

Yep...

pretty much sure tat dooms day is cumming...
34pre98qua
Shitte..

Cuz its already not that really good and as it seems there is alot of room to do optimizations and engine is so bad really. As if feels from my customers side.
Last edited by DarkJen on Jun 10, 2018, 8:15:09 AM
"
Mythabril wrote:

Exactly. Many people misunderstand what happened - the owners of GGG were bought off, so that they aren't the owners any more. This might mean truckloads of cash from Tencent coming in, but it surely means Tencent expecting truckloads of cash coming out.

Forget about Blizzard style Act animations and "Unreal" 3D engine, until Tencent recuperates what they've paid off Chris.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Incursion league is AAA quality, whatever it might mean. For me it was perfectly fine since 20 min of start of the league when servers were stabilized.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
I have theory about those crashes. Maybe the game is fine but players are idiots and dont know what they are doing on their PC? I mean overwhelming majority of players dont have any problems. If it was game fault than most of us would be affected right?

The fact is that a game without such topic on its forums doesnt exist. Even fkn tibia had it. Does this mean every single game out there has shitty optimization? Its just impossible to make a game run good on every single combination of hardware + software. Thats the sad reality. Your problem wont ever be fixed by GGG, dont even count on that.
"
suszterpatt wrote:
But now that GGG have got endless trunks of cash coming in from Tencent

You seriously need a reality check.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info