Lightning Mirage.... stupidly overpowered

As my title suggests, the Lightning Mirage mod on enemies is stupidly overpowered. If it was a boss using it... ok. Then I might could live with it. But for a common enemy to come equipped with some super move that tears massive chunks out of my defenses in less than a second is moronically overpowered and stupid. It took me awhile even to figure out what it was I was being obliterated by it would happen so quickly. And on a game where death means hours and hours (more like days or weeks actually) of lost work this is quickly reaching a point of unbearable frustration.

So I decided to make this post asking the developers to "nerf" this modification (or better yet just remove it as it's so dumb). Otherwise you may be losing me as a player in the future as I'm not quite sure how many more stupid deaths to this bullshit move I'm willing to put up with.
Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 10, 2018, 5:17:18 AM
Last bumped on Sep 21, 2019, 10:23:51 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Honestly, I haven't even figured out what lightning mirage DOES. Might be related to my build being almost exclusively damage over time with only one skill that can hit.

There should still be a way to avoid that though. I mean'we aren't talking about pre-nerf volatile levels of bullshit here, are we?
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
It's on the same damage-level as Volatile Flameblood and this is because it can be fully avoided as long as you're aware of the mod. That's why the mod is fine.

Lightning Mirage spawns small lightning images based on a timer (?) that will follow you around slowly and "explode" after a short amount time or when they touch you. This will deal a high amount of lightning damage with a single hit and will leave behind a small patch of shocking ground.

I assume the damage scaling of Volatile Flameblood and Lightning Mirage works the same. It's based on the mainhand damage of the monster(stonegolems, zombies hurt) and therefor map mods like % monster damage, % added damage as elemental damage or -max elemental resistances are really dangerous.

"
Scarletsword wrote:
It's on the same damage-level as Volatile Flameblood and this is because it can be fully avoided as long as you're aware of the mod. That's why the mod is fine.

Lightning Mirage spawns small lightning images based on a timer (?) that will follow you around slowly and "explode" after a short amount time or when they touch you. This will deal a high amount of lightning damage with a single hit and will leave behind a small patch of shocking ground.

I assume the damage scaling of Volatile Flameblood and Lightning Mirage works the same. It's based on the mainhand damage of the monster(stonegolems, zombies hurt) and therefor map mods like % monster damage, % added damage as elemental damage or -max elemental resistances are really dangerous.

No, it is NOT fine. Not everyone plays builds that are always on the move or has the eyesight of a NASA telescope and can hone in on every mod on every rare amidst swarms of enemies.

For example: I just got done doing a rare corrupted Colosseum map. I died once during that map, and guess what it was to? I'll give you a hint. It wasn't the boss. It was one stupid little rare snake with "lightning mirage". I would literally rather fight any boss on this game I have encountered thus far (with the exception of maybe Innocence) than a single one of those stupid yellow enemies with "lightning mirage". The damage they do is just stupidly overpowered and if you can't see how dumb it is to have random little mobs wandering around who are more dangerous than boss monsters then perhaps you may want to consider re-thinking your logic.

This mod needs a nerf - and needs a nerf badly. It does way too much damage. Period. I like this game. But these stupid little "lightning mirage" enemies are testing my patience.
Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 12, 2018, 10:55:21 PM
"
FCK42 wrote:
Honestly, I haven't even figured out what lightning mirage DOES. Might be related to my build being almost exclusively damage over time with only one skill that can hit.

There should still be a way to avoid that though. I mean'we aren't talking about pre-nerf volatile levels of bullshit here, are we?

Yes, you can run from them. If you are lucky enough to see it before you are dead anyway....

The move does excessively grotesque amounts of damage. That's the problem with it.
Lightning mirage is literally fine. All it needs is a sound effect when they spawn so I can actually notice them, and a bug fix because someone didn't get the memo that there's new shocking ground that they should be making instead. It's slow and avoidable, just not very noticeable.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Lightning mirage is literally fine. All it needs is a sound effect when they spawn so I can actually notice them, and a bug fix because someone didn't get the memo that there's new shocking ground that they should be making instead. It's slow and avoidable, just not very noticeable.

First you say it's "literally fine" then go on to say there needs to be a sound effect warning people when they spawn.

So you contradicted yourself.

If it was "literally fine" then no changes would be needed.

In any case, yes - a sound effect warning players that there is a enemy wandering around who can annihilate them in a micro second if it hits them would be useful.
Last edited by Berylstone on Jun 12, 2018, 11:04:54 PM
Im not sure if the mod is on pre changed volatile blood level as asked in this thread, but I agree that it does way too much damage and is punishing melee more than ranged characters (again)
Last edited by lamasf1 on Jun 13, 2018, 12:24:22 AM
I can't say I've found this very dangerous. The mob is dead and I'm gone before these things explode on me. Of course my first char was an autobomber and my current char is VMS so...
From what I understand, this mod summons two lightning statues. The first one explodes and creates shocked ground. The second one does the same but if you got hit by the first one and got stunned you are basically dead. In high level maps you might die just from the first explosion.

I am not sure if you can see the statues moving towards you or if they suddenly appear on you.

I nearly died a few times to it but thankfully I had cannot be stunned so I could move away after the first explosion.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info