Drop Rates - Rare Jewels for Passive Skill Tree

Hi,

I've been running with 70% - 90% increased drop since the first day of the new league. I've put around 6-8 hours each day (mostly casual with some AFK) since the first day.

I found exactly ZERO rare yellow passive skill jewels. I did find 2 unique jewels but they are useless for my build.

This is my 6th character to reach end game and I've never had this happen before. Is anyone else having this problem? Seems really strange... I'm not even seeing any rare skill jewels in the end game mapping.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
-David

Last bumped on Jun 9, 2018, 8:35:56 AM
I think i have found 5-6 and im lvl 64 in act 9.

You just need to get better ;)

No but seriously, get the jewel room in temple it can drop several on one run.

Last edited by V3mpa1N on Jun 8, 2018, 9:55:59 AM
Hey,

I posted this a few hours ago. Would you believe that I still have not had any rare passive skill drops? I sure hope this isn't happening to new customers/players.

I forgot to write down the total number of NPC kills at the beginning of the league. But it looks like I've had between 80,000 and 90,000 kills so far. Shouldn't rare passive skill drops be higher than 1/90,000 in 5 days and ~40 hours?

I'm starting to wonder if my loot filter is bugged. A few days ago it was stuck on "NS 0 Soft" and wouldn't change. I closed the application and restarted the game and that fixed it. I've started checking the entire drop with the left stick.

I'm also seeing some other weirdness... while mapping I would sometimes open a portal to go back to my hideout and pop up at the Sarn Encampment. Maybe the POE gods are trying to remind me to finish my Trials. :)

-David
Now you got me confused..
Do you mean yellow jewels like viridian etc, or skill gems like enlighten?
Hi,

I was referring to Passive Skill Tree Jewels such as Cobalt, Viridian and Crimson.

I found exactly zero rare passive skill tree jewels last week during the story in over 40 hours of gameplay. Note that I have since found my first three... shortly after making this post.

This did not really affect my build much; I am a software engineer so I tend to report unusual bugs or anything that I think is outside out of standard deviation. I decided to post here in "GamePlay Discussion" just in case the low drop rate of passive skill jewels was an intentional game design.

My numbers are around:

26-36 "Magic" (Blue) passive skill jewels
3 "Rare" (Yellow) passive skill jewels
2 Unique (Brown) passive skill jewels

I left a few Magic gems on the ground but I am positive that I did not miss any "rare" ... I was keenly looking for them to improve my build.

-David

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info