Double Strike

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Jan 13, 2019, 9:48:00 AM
Playing Berserker with Double Strike at lvl 55 right now. The skill feels great, works well with phys as extra ele and is generally just great fun. I have noticed however, as well as some friends of mine, that using new vaal double strike randomly causes crashes where the game literally just closes itself and this is making the skill feel unplayable, as having to relaunch the game every 20 minutes is far more frustrating than the fun can make up for.
I've based my build on this gem but it doesn't seem like the mechanic is working as I thought it would.

Using Pillar of the Caged God and it doesn't seem like the added phys damage is buffed by the phys weapon dmg from the staff.

I haven't tried testing it thoroughly atm, just a feeling that its not adding up.
Why does (Vaal) Double Strike got no Minion tag?

Why do the doubles of the Vaal version of the skill NOT count as minions?

The question arose as I thought about trying out next league (Delve 3.4):

- the new Dominating Blow (got minion tag and duration tag) as mob skill
- with (Vaal) Double Strike (got duration tag but no minion tag) as single target skill

As a very tanky Templar Guardian, with a one-hand Axe and Shield. Pure Phys. Armour. ES. MoM. Resolute Technique. I've uploaded a tentative passive tree with Duration and Minion notes taken, to imgur: https://imgur.com/a/ADbCfY5

Thank you very much in advance,
looking forward to maybe see in the patch notes in 2 weeks that (Vaal) Double Strike got a Minion tag added.
Double Strike.

A really cool skill. It has a nice interaction with bleeding, which increases damage by a lot. It is seriously worth the effort of getting the enemy to bleed /somehow/. I am toying a bit with a build that uses ancient protector for bleed+maim-support and so far, single target is amazing. The cool is that with this setup you can actually use all 4 major damage support gems, melee physical damage, ruthless, brutality and bloodlust. And on top, Vaal double strike gives you an amazing oh-shit-button. or as i call it: the boss-melter.

The downside of this skill is that it is no fun at clearing. not at all. Even with a slayer and its build-in melee splash, it is still a million times faster to link ancient protector with ancestral call. Even before maps, with smaller pack size, the clunk is real.
Double Strike is not restricted to Main-hand-only now, so it need an offhand animation

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info