Charged Dash

"
adghar wrote:

Do you still believe movement speed hurts your DPS, though? Charged Dash is one of the few melee skills that allow you to practically attack while moving, allowing movement speed to increase your true DPS against packs (because otherwise, you'd literally be clearing them more slowly).

Honestly while using the skill I don't walk. The ghost moves faster than you can walk with or without movespeed boots on so I literally just teleport everywhere. If I dump my movespeed up by using a quicksilver I usually end up spiraling my ghost out of control and it reaches the end of its path before I get a chance to get enough stacks to clear as effectively as possible, sometimes with rare and blue packs where having 2 or 3 stacks is not ok. So setting up this same build with a raider or deadeye or quicksilvers or using the sprint shrine absolutely trashes my damage, on the other hand it allows me to move fast enough to avoid getting hit.

It still feels bad to have this skill tied in any way to your movespeed instead of fully be based on attack speed or something.
Last edited by AndromedaDelux on Jun 12, 2018, 3:58:48 PM
How much movespeed are you stacking? I was curious and wanted to experience what you were talking about, so I tossed Charged Dash onto my Raider and compared between +65% movespeed (removed boots, refrained from using Quicksilver) and +171% movement speed, and I experienced exactly what I described in this thread: Zero change in DPS. Damage per Hit was smaller, which makes sense because you're zipping around at crazy speeds, allowing you to deal much higher Hits per Second. Whether you deal 4 hits of 100% damage or 1 hit of 400% damage in one second - why does it matter? It's mostly stylistic, and if you like the style of "one big hit," it doesn't make sense to build high movespeed anyways. For that, you have items like Kaom's Roots, Aurseize, etc.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
How much movespeed are you stacking? I was curious and wanted to experience what you were talking about, so I tossed Charged Dash onto my Raider and compared between +65% movespeed (removed boots, refrained from using Quicksilver) and +171% movement speed, and I experienced exactly what I described in this thread: Zero change in DPS. Damage per Hit was smaller, which makes sense because you're zipping around at crazy speeds, allowing you to deal much higher Hits per Second. Whether you deal 4 hits of 100% damage or 1 hit of 400% damage in one second - why does it matter? It's mostly stylistic, and if you like the style of "one big hit," it doesn't make sense to build high movespeed anyways. For that, you have items like Kaom's Roots, Aurseize, etc.

I'm using 30% movespeed boots and a quicksilver with adrenaline and 5 frenzy charges. No onslaught( edit take that back I'm using rotgut as quicksilver so onslaught is applied). And with quicksilver on it drops my max stacks to at least half. My build isn't fully focused around going 0% movespeed and stacking 1 single charge thats like 15 stacks high. I'm usually pushing 8 stacks, but the single sweep is enough to kill anything. When quicksilvering happens thats when it goes from easily 1 sweeping packs to having a few leftovers. And I'm rolling it as an elementalist with dual hyaons fury so plenty of aoe and elemental damage.
Last edited by AndromedaDelux on Jun 15, 2018, 4:49:50 PM
I conducted some tests with the skill.

First thing I've confirmed is that it can't miss or, at least due to how it's coded, has a very low likelyhood of missing. Due to the way it's done, as in multiple overlapping areas in a line, but only can take damage from one, I suspected that each overlapping area would try for a hit untill it happens. If there's at least 3 overlapping areas even at something like 50% accuracy it would result in 87% effective accuracy. Or it just can't miss, not like that wasn't the case for Blade Flurry on release.
Tested by having a friend drop stibnite clouds on me in PvP and tanking the skill. It never missed even tho due to blind debuff I should miss half by default.

Secondly, the line "Deals 150% more Damage while Channelling if Mirage has finished moving" also applies to the release damage.
Tested using Decay Support. The modifier boosts decays, as such I got my trypanon and Warden's Brand rings so the downtime between pulses is like 3 seconds and had my friend walk in after a pulse and release on him. By checking HP loss we confirmed that the boost applies to the release.

Thirdly, release base damage doesn't scale ailments. This one was a humongous dissapointment for me as I made an ignite build centered around the skill's mechanic. CD can reach up to 15 charges which results in a 2500% base damage release hit. If you're like me, you instantly think melee ignite finally viable! Well sadly it doesn't work. The line "Final wave deals 75% of Damage per stage" seems to only apply to hit damage. There's still potential in this for stun, freeze and Herald of Ash builds.

Overall the skill is is pretty good, has about 320%+ base damage average if you release when the mirage stops without waiting, which is competetive with Blade Flurry and available to two handers. But it defo could use some improvement on skill description, like saying that the pulse happens at the rate of once per two attacks and that the release damage bonus is only for hit damage(unless this is an oversign/bug and is going to get fixed).
Last edited by lolPLSiGOTthis on Jun 29, 2018, 11:10:20 AM
"

Overall the skill is is pretty good, has about 320%+ base damage average if you release when the mirage stops without waiting, which is competetive with Blade Flurry and available to two handers. But it defo could use some improvement on skill description, like saying that the pulse happens at the rate of once per two attacks and that the release damage bonus is only for hit damage(unless this is an oversign/bug and is going to get fixed).

Charged dash is not competitive with blade flurry in any way shape or form. Blade flurry on a 4L does more dmg than charged dash on a 6L. The simple reason for this is stat sticks, which charged dash cannot use. BF on release also deals a ton of damage and doesn't need any movement speed nonsence to feel good.

I tried to make charged dash work. Got to 420k shaper dps, but if I socket in blade flurry bosses melt. That's when I decided the skill was a complete waste.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Jul 1, 2018, 1:49:28 PM
"
SoujiroSeta wrote:
"

I tried to make charged dash work. Got to 420k shaper dps, but if I socket in blade flurry bosses melt. That's when I decided the skill was a complete waste.

Not everything needs a stat stick and BF doesn't work with two handers.
"

Not everything needs a stat stick and BF doesn't work with two handers.

I understand what you're saying. I get bored of meta skill and usually steer clear of them. My first character this league is called ShuddaGoneDoubleStrike. I knew the Vaal doublestrike/double would be broken from the moment I saw the patch notes. "Flat dmg with stat sticks? O_o WTF is GGG thinking?". Yet I went with charged dash instead.

Hell I have a disintegrator EQ chieftan. Thing is Poe right now actually has so many shitty skills that require u to jump through hoops for just for them to feel....average. Whereas with shitty gear and on a 5L u can use Blade flurry/double strike and be 1000x stronger. 2h weapons have been obsolete since the release of stat sticks. Skills that acutally dual wield, not fake DWing crap, are also obsolete as a result. Which is what I was trying to say.

Even after jumping through hoops and pulling out all the stops I could only reach around 420-450k shaper dps. Whereas if I had gone double strike like I had originally planned, hence my character name ShuddaGoneDoubleStrike, I would have needed nothing more than a 200pds crit foil, a shitty stat stick and a 5L. Thats more than overkill dmg. On top of also rolling busted champion as well.

As it sits right now, there is no reason to use this skill, and the many other skills in this game, as long as fake dual wielding exists, and skills like BF/DS still outclass them.

I play skills like these cause I like variety, but that doesn't mean I won't give my honest opinion especially in the current state of the game which is "Burst everything down before it burst you down". Offense is the best defense in this game, and charged dash has shitty offense against endgame. Not only that high movement speed is required for the skill to FEEL good. On top of that it glitches out like crazy and u always want the maximum possible stacks u can get. In tight corners or awkward areas you won't get max stacks many times, hence less dps. So many things wrong with this skill.

If u only plan on farming low lvl stuff, fine charged dash away. Wanna do guardians/shaper/uber elder/uber atziri comfortably? Steer clear of this skill.
Last edited by SoujiroSeta on Jul 6, 2018, 1:58:26 PM
A pair of specific jewels designed for Charged Dash -

The ticking moment
Viridian Jewel

(15-20)% increased lightning damage
When you release Charged Dash at odd stages, you will not move to its destination

The tocking moment
Viridian Jewel

(15-20)% increased lightning damage
When you release Charged Dash at even stages, you will not move to its destination
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Is there any chance Charged Dash bonus damage per stage could be given the "ailment damage" per stage as bonus too?
So I did it again. I threw Exalts on a really good gear in Delve but this skill is still so weak it is literally trashtier at bosses. All the other options do so much more damage. I am using a Disintegrator and use that setup on a Scion. (Slayer/Inquisitor tested also with Trickster and Jugg (Slayer always).

Seriously GGG please revisit the damage department. Also the cut in maximum range is really bad. At times it feels that I even Leap or Flamedash farer.

In addition to all of that, the Cast while Channeling is bugged with Charged Dash. You have approx a 30% chance, that you do not cast spells. For example in Azurite nodes, I just make a circle and hold the Charge. Normally the CWC spell fires. But many times it does not, you must release Charged Dash +Reposition + hope next time you dont have the bug.

I really wanted to make it a melee only build, but the damage is so weak while purely charging it is pathetic. If you release at 4 stages, you also do shit tier damage compared to the old charged dash mechanics. At the moment this skill is useless and also unhandleabke with around 100++ movementspeed. You cant steer the clone properly because it reaches the end so fast and it is to short in range in general.
Last edited by xX999Xx on Nov 8, 2018, 8:44:52 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info