Guys, is trading an immersive experience with good player interaction?

"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Game already is ALL ABOUT AH! You dont get gear upgrades or maps yourself, you must trade for them.
I

Its in bad state already and you want to make it worse. They should do the opposite and make you play the game for items.

#RemoveTrading, #MakeCraftingGreatAgain
"
Phrazz wrote:

If you think there will be less sniping, flipping and "playing the market" with an AH, you are wrong. BOTS and RMT sites would go even more havoc than they do today. Take old D3 as an example. Just google what they could do with bots and AH-bots back then.

Bots and RMTers are here because PoE gameplay is literally MADE FOR THEM! They dont care at all, if there is AH or current trade system. But normal players will have far better trading experience with AH, because there will be no AFK/offline traders (or simply price fixers), and buying bulk of small items aka buying 100x essences from 100 players will be performed with 1 easy click.

"
kuciol wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Game already is ALL ABOUT AH! You dont get gear upgrades or maps yourself, you must trade for them.
I

Its in bad state already and you want to make it worse. They should do the opposite and make you play the game for items.

#RemoveTrading, #MakeCraftingGreatAgain

It wont be worse. Game is balanced around trading, it's GGG's intention. It could become "better" in that regard only if GGG balances it around SSF.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jun 16, 2018, 5:16:54 AM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

It wont be worse. Game is balanced around trading, it's GGG's intention. It could become "better" in that regard only if GGG balances it around SSF.

They clearly stated that they see current situation as a crisis, they dont want it to be that way but they dont know how to approach this problem. They would love to remove trading completely but players would eat them alive. AH is not a solution and will never be, GGG doesnt want that. They want us to play the game to get items, plain and simple.
"
kuciol wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

They clearly stated that they see current situation as a crisis, they dont want it to be that way but they dont know how to approach this problem. They would love to remove trading completely but players would eat them alive. AH is not a solution and will never be, GGG doesnt want that. They want us to play the game to get items, plain and simple.

There are only 2 solutions:
1. Balance game around SSF and remove item indexing.
2. Add trading system with instant buyout (AH, as most call it), so trading will be enjoying and convenient.

Every other decition will cause a "crisis", obviously. Because they balanced all their gameplay around trading, but made trading clunky and frustrating. Why do they wonder, when NORMAL players hate it all the time, and only botters/scammers/RMTer/script users love it?

IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
kuciol wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

Why do they wonder, when NORMAL players hate it all the time, and only botters/scammers/RMTer/script users love it?

huh?

Anyone that traded in D2 has no issue with POE trading. It's the instant gratification AH lovers that want it changed. and those people never learned a thing from D3's AH.

This system does exactly what it's supposed to do and is just painful enough to prevent it from falling into the trap D3 did.

GGG got this part right.
"
lupasvasile wrote:
As long as humans are involved, I'l avoid trading in online games. Assholes, assholes everywhere. And those assholes ruin it for me. SSF is the best way to play this game (my opinion, so don't shoot me.)

I've pretty much never had an issue trading in this game. and they do not balance SSF leagues drops. But do what you enjoy
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

There are only 2 solutions:
1. Balance game around SSF and remove item indexing.
2. Add trading system with instant buyout (AH, as most call it), so trading will be enjoying and convenient.

Every other decition will cause a "crisis", obviously. Because they balanced all their gameplay around trading, but made trading clunky and frustrating. Why do they wonder, when NORMAL players hate it all the time, and only botters/scammers/RMTer/script users love it?

The problem with your "solutions" is that they work only for half of the player base. Now how do you choose what half of player base should be shafted? Also keep in mind that they want to keep some form of trading in the game (yay player interactions!) but they dont want to make it to efficient so it will still be better to play a game to get items. Trading is already to efficient so GGG would like to make it even harder but than half of the players will get upset and we return to starting point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info