Guys, is trading an immersive experience with good player interaction?

Do you enjoy the social aspect and player interaction of trading?

Also do you feel the weight of the items and significant aspect of your inventory management?

Thanks
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2018, 6:18:06 AM
Here's an important question: Do you feel your reputation on the forum is important?
Does buzzword, buzzphrase, buzzword, loaded question, bait?
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
I don't mind it at all for the normal gear. It's not a bad thing to interact.

It's the map stuff that makes me wanna pull my hair out.

GGG needs to make a Map Vending Machine.

Or maybe change the recipe from 3 for 1, to 2 to 1 upgrade.
What player interaction?

95% of the time people don't respond to your request to buy something off of them unless it's a big ticket item.

When people are busy playing they don't realize they can disable their shop tabs and still retain the prices of their items when they enable public access to it again.

Yep. Might take a couple days for me, a SSF player, to get a specific map if Zana doesn't come up with one. Looking for a Toxic Sewers map before I run any other T5s. Hope I get one. It can either really easy or really frustrating.

Trading for one would be easy.

GGG initially used the term "player interaction" to describe why the wanted trading to work the way it did and later backed down from it. The want trading to be "difficult" and player interaction is one way to limit players access to trade. Read the manifesto post. It explains this better than I can.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Jun 7, 2018, 4:17:21 PM
If you get a return thank you as either a seller or buyer, it’s good. That is all.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Certainly not immersive. Having to leave the action or having to w8 until the seller finish his map is the worst thing. Player interaction isn't that good either, most of the time is just trade macro keys and automated messages that could be done by a machine with the same outcome.

When i started i used to be more happy and excited for trades and it's rewards. Right now that i know a lot about the game the trading system is more of a bother to bypass RNG drops rather than something exciting.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
is trading an immersive experience with good player interaction?

That depends on you and the player you are trading with, there seems to be a lot of posts where both parties go mental and fuck things up.

Every single trade i've had has been short and hassle free.

Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I think it's good. It's always quick but it's nice to know I'm not alone playing the game :)

I just wish there were more Social Parties listed in Oriath. Having about 5 parties isn't much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info