+15% to all Elemental Resistances

Hi,

I helped the Bandit Lord Alira for the extra 15% resistance. How do I determine if I have actually received the bonus?

Standing naked at Act 8 my resistances are:

(Act 8: Witch No Ascendency class with nothing equipped)
Fire -10%
Cold -10%
Lightning -10%
Chaos -30%

I've looked through the online documentation but I cannot figure out why my base resistance are at -10% while I am still in the story.

Thanks,
-David
Last bumped on Jun 11, 2018, 11:18:49 PM
"
David_Delaune wrote:
Hi,

I helped the Bandit Lord Alira for the extra 15% resistance. How do I determine if I have actually received the bonus?

Standing naked at Act 8 my resistances are:

(Act 8: Witch No Ascendency class with nothing equipped)
Fire -10%
Cold -10%
Lightning -10%
Chaos -30%

I've looked through the online documentation but I cannot figure out why my base resistance are at -10% while I am still in the story.

Thanks,
-David

Look at the following wiki post: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Resistance#General

Under Resistance Penalties we have:
Resistance penalties
A penalty to all resistances is applied to player characters depending on their progression in the story.

Completion of Part one: -30% to all resistances
Completion of Part two: -30% to all resistances (-60% total)

Hope this helps.
Thanks,

As long as I've played this game I never noticed the -30% penalty for completing Part One. I typically fly through the story without ever even looking at my stats.

Thanks,
-David
"
David_Delaune wrote:
Thanks,

As long as I've played this game I never noticed the -30% penalty for completing Part One. I typically fly through the story without ever even looking at my stats.

Thanks,
-David

Before the 3.0 release it used to be you got -30% each time you completed the game, first run through was -30 and took you to Cruel, second run through was a final -30 and would take you to Merciless.

Now it is just -30 for getting beaten by Kitava and the final -30 for beating Kitava.
The problem is for new players there is no where on the Xbox ui that it actually tells you that you lost base res. It never effected me coming from PC but I always thought this was wierd. It's bad enough newbies won't likely know the importance of res as is and a prompt telling you they were permanently lowered might be a way of letting them find out without rage quitting the second they hit act 6 mud flats.

Had quite a few friends trying the game for the first time not grasping it and after body dropping kitava they quit because the game seemed to progress to a point where it was impossible for them. No amount of explaining gets them to stay of it leaves them with a bad taste in their mouth.

XBOX-----------------
Kitava Supporter
Dominator Supporter
1st Lvl 100: Incursion League
1st SSF UE, UA, and Shaper: Delve League
Yeah, new-player-experience is something they should really work on sooner rather than later.

Tried also getting my friends to play, but it's hard to sell how fun the game is at maps and playing your own builds when they are really struggling with the story alone and have tons of questions that I have to either explain to them or direct to them to wiki-pages. Also sucks to tell them that the first character they play will probably end up being wasted time and there is really not much they can do to avoid that. (not telling that directly of course, but not telling that they should directly be following a build guide either, since that kinda takes away from being their game) :/

A big popup or notification after the Kitava-fights, that tells that your resistances were permanently lowered due to evil Kitava influences, would help somewhat for now.
it's actually sad that new players have to go into forums and scour through the wiki and youtube videos just to find out the most basic shit.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info