Is everyone enjoying rolepalying a genocidal plunderer?

Once I felt a little guilty when I killed the curator and plundered all his fine exhibitions in the museum...
Two-handed - Mop
Dual Wield - Slippers
One-handed & Shield (close combat) - Brush & Basin
One-handed & Shield (ranged) - Hair Dryer & Mirror
Main-hand & Off-hand (evil witch) - Sponge & Soap
Y'all are really uptight.
I managed to get to Act 6, but after flashback I'm just not getting that sense of loot pinata. I'm just not feeling motivated to go through all the motions but I definitely think its superior to the micromanagement nightmare of the previous league.
Yep, totally over league play.
But it's fun to slaughter hundreds and thousands of (probably) innocent human beings!
I also enjoy doing stuff to their dead bodies.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
de99ial wrote:

And you think meat you eat comes from where? Trees?

Small detail: humane (i.e. non-cruel) extermination of animals for food consumption is a big, big deal in the real world.

Of course it is. Also we eat TOO MUCH meat, and "meat" in stores has little in common with real meat. We should eat it but once two times per two weeks.

No its not. If we would consume less meta there would be less suffering.
Last edited by de99ial on Jun 8, 2018, 9:17:11 AM
Need to get over that. Life is cruel... even at a cellular level. The real problem is overpopulation, not what people eat, but how many people are eating it.
Uh, wait -

"
Modern Times (c. 1600 IC)[110]
In the modern age, Wraeclast bears no civilisation[111], just a few disorganised descendants of the Empire[112] and undead[113]. It also bears a number of people from Oriath. Some were shipwrecked[114], but many were exiled for crimes[115] minor[116] or major[117].

The current High Templar is a man named Dominus[118], who controls the Ebony Legion[119] as well as the Templars. He recently acquired an interest in the history of the Empire[120]. Dominus works in a laboratory at the top of the tower known as the Sceptre of God[121], but his assistants General[122] Gravicius[123] and Piety[124] gather information and resources.

So, we are not an invading COLONIAL force. We are exiles individually taking the opportunity to GO back in time and plunder an already doomed from within civilization.

"
The End of Vaal Civilization (c. 400 BIC)
The Vaal civilisation seems to have ended as the result of some internal event rather than external conquest[22][23]. This event may be the mysterious "communion" the Vaal were seeking before their demise according to Icius Perandus as is written in one of the Golden Pages: "A communion... but with what? By all accounts, it wasn't God that the Vaal were trying to reach."[24]. Said communion took place during the harvest moon, and Doryani was at the heart of this event[25]. Both Atziri and Doryani died in the cataclysm, as did many others. Some people also "changed" (possibly a reference to the Vaal Fallen found in the Pyramid?)[26]. On the Golden Page (Siosa's translation, not the flavour text) that mentions this, the words "sleep", "nightmare" and "the Beast" are also mentioned, and that the Vaal have "failed" themselves[27]. This probably means that the Beast played an important role in the cataclysm. This may also be a reference to the Vaal Oversoul, which is also called "nightmare" in game by some of the classes.

Siosa believes the end of Vaal civilization must have been very similar to the fall of Sarn[28].

Patching this information together, it may be that the Vaal were expecting to save their civilization at a so-called "communion", which was possibly related to Doryani's "cradle" of virtue gems, and that this communion caused the cataclysm, waking the Beast (possibly also waking the Oversoul which is defeated at the end of Act 2, and turning many Vaal people into the Vaal Fallen which are also found in the Ancient Pyramid in Act 2).

both lores from the wiki.

I read discomfort as white guilt.

On mass industrial farming of meat and fisheries - please folks do some research if you think it's not having a MASSIVE impact on a global scale.

Last edited by erdelyii on Jun 8, 2018, 10:09:02 AM
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Need to get over that. Life is cruel... even at a cellular level. The real problem is overpopulation, not what people eat, but how many people are eating it.

I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info