Is everyone enjoying rolepalying a genocidal plunderer?

I didnt even notice they were indians. Looks like circus/clowns or something. Whatever. When you SJW be sure it's obvious.
Git R Dun!
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Is it really genocide if we kill anyone and everyone we meet?

equal opportunity homicide
I need more purple titles
Not me. Personally, I go back and hold up a white flag. I then explain to them what is going on, how their temple is going to lead to all kinds of bad things in the future. They are absolutely horrified. We sit down to tea and discuss ways to prevent the coming atrocities. They are really quite a delightful people.

They offer me gifts from their treasury, but, of course, I cannot take them. I then go back, and the future is entirely changed. The world is living in harmony, and there are no exiles. There is a parade in my honor. I win the game.

All this is possible because, you know, massive hordes of them don't attack me on sight whether I start trying to kill them or not.

Oh, and by the way, unless you can tell us where in the Americas Wraeclast is, those are not remotely "Native Americans."
Last edited by Sotaudi on Jun 6, 2018, 7:47:48 PM
We have always been a genocidal plunderer.

That is the only role you can play in most core ARTS (Diablo, PoE, Grimdawn).
"
We7efrur wrote:
I'm certainly not. GGG must be living under rocks to force players to roleplay the genocide of the native americans by the Spanish Conquistadors with an extremely thinly veiled 'Kill the Native Americans for loot' story line in 2018.

Yes, Yes, I'm a filthy casual and I'm sure I'll be pilloried for being a snowflake SJW, but just think for a minute what the present Incursion League is really portraying.

Pixels, that's what i see when i look at my screen.

Life goes by like a fart in the wind.
This league seems like it would mostly be offensive to some historians who've studied the lost native civilisations. Spanish conquistador aesthetics everywhere, fixation on blood sacrifices with even more Aztec-influenced design (linguistic, stylistic... googling Atzoatl makes google think you meant Itzcoatl, a king of Tenochtitlan). It's really kind of a "kicking people while they're down" type of thing, since historically speaking, more often than not, natives would be friendly to Western invaders, then when they get confused why the invaders keep babbling on about gold, the invaders kill a small swathe of their population, and then allow Western diseases to wipe out (trump.gif) millions and millions and millions of the rest of them.

The Vaal didn't used to have headdresses or get consistently bothered by people in feathered morions in the game, before, so historian POE players could have pretended the Vaal were merely inspired by those civilisations, rather than a mockery of them.

That's probably OK to GGG, though, as the number of historian POE players in the game is likely small, and the percentage of those who care about caricaturising historical victims in a stereotypical, skewed way is probably pretty small, too. Most players and game devs probably just see it as fun thematic designs, and most of the people who would have directly been offended by the themes are 99.9% dead, thanks to Smallpox. Thanks, smallpox!

EDIT: Since I like analogies - for people who are aware of actual history vs. stereotypes, this league is a lot like a dead baby joke. It feels like it should make you feel like a terrible person for mocking the innocent dead, but you can't help laughing because all the victims are dead, and 99.9% of the time GGG isn't telling the dead baby joke to a grieving would-have-been mother.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Jun 6, 2018, 8:06:11 PM
Seems like a cool league, but I just don't have time to play PoE anymore.

And yeah, PoE isn't really shaping into a very snowflake friendly game. Props to Chris Wilson.
Hey Chris Wilson, if you really want to trigger some people, add a blanket toss MTX to one of the trap skills.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Jun 6, 2018, 9:06:42 PM
"
MrSmiley21 wrote:
Hey Chris Wilson, if you really want to trigger some people, add a blanket toss MTX to one of the trap skills.

Smiley why is their SJW in my game =/
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I didnt even notice they were indians. Looks like circus/clowns or something. Whatever. When you SJW be sure it's obvious.

To be fair, zero indians were implied to be hurt in incursion, he means native *south* americans, the kind that got killed by the spanish. I think OP is implying that, this is somehow insensitive to the fall of the Aztek culture in the early 15th century, largely at the hand of the Spanish inquisition.

And yeah. Totally agree. I'll expect OP to preach at every single game that used history as a reference to condone bloody slaughter as gameplay. Starting with the first Call of Duty and ending with Kingdom Come.

In other news, i heard there was a sack of rice that fell down in china, just now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info