[DEAD] FunRoom's Ignite Elemental Hit [All Contents*]

so correct me if im wrong, but the reduced weapon damage from quill rain reduces the base damage from elemental hit itself, since its used with a weapon (the weapon of quill rain to be specific) so doesn't quill rain just lower your base damage for elemental hit??

i understand having low dex requirements and higher attack speed, but the attack speed is not necessary and the low dex can be from any other.

i was planning a build just like this for the start of the league but i haven't gotten to be able to make it quite yet because of a slow start and now being on holidays, but im glad that it worksas well as it shows.

so yeah i'll be making the build when i return from holidays, but changes will be using a different weapon (most likely lioneye's glare), slightly different passive tree, and using cold to fire support over ele dmg with attacks and not pyre ring
"
xMustard wrote:
so correct me if im wrong, but the reduced weapon damage from quill rain reduces the base damage from elemental hit itself, since its used with a weapon (the weapon of quill rain to be specific) so doesn't quill rain just lower your base damage for elemental hit??

TL;DR: Only (#% of xxx damage is converted to xxx damage) and (#% of xxx damage is added as xxx damage) would affect base damage. Others won't.

Since 3.0, the damage calculation is like this:

Base Damage = original damage + converted damage + added damage
Hit Damage = base damage x (increase/decrease hit damage) x (more/less hit damage)
Ignite Damage = base damage x 0.5 x (increase/decrease ignite damage) x (more/less ignite damage) / (ignite duration) x (ignite speed modifier)

Some damage modifiers would apply on both damages, like fire damage.
Some would only apply on one of them, like burning damage.

The less weapon damage on quill rain would only affect hit damage (more/less hit damage part).
So it does not affect ignite damage at all.

Right, just fire.
Last edited by FunRoom on Jul 1, 2018, 1:40:00 AM
Im on SSF and dont have the second Combat Focus, neither the call of the brotherhood. Can i still clear up to t13 with 1 combat focus (cold blocked) and stormfire? until i find the second one.
I do have southbound, quill rain, pyre, dyadian, devotos.
Ok ... so what am I missing here:

I've just started this build ... but the location for the 2nd Combat Focus Jewel (the one top left of the tree, after the 2 4% elemental damage nodes) doesn't seem to have 40 strength/int in it's radius, so it doesn't block the other elemental damage type (lightning, in my case).

So when I use EH I alternate between fire and lightning (cold is the other CF Jewel which does have 40 in it's radius).

I don't see anyone else mentioning this ... so ... what am I missing? :-)
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Ok ... so what am I missing here:

I've just started this build ... but the location for the 2nd Combat Focus Jewel (the one top left of the tree, after the 2 4% elemental damage nodes) doesn't seem to have 40 strength/int in it's radius, so it doesn't block the other elemental damage type (lightning, in my case).

So when I use EH I alternate between fire and lightning (cold is the other CF Jewel which does have 40 in it's radius).

I don't see anyone else mentioning this ... so ... what am I missing? :-)

So Combat Focus reads "With Total 40 Strength and Dexterity in radius.

And that node has 30dex and 30 str nearby, for a total of 60. which qualifies 40 required.

Oh and OP, I had some thoughts for you:
You prefered 5% life nodes near constitution and elsewhere, yet pathed directly past barbarism in Marauder. Not only would it be the same amount of contribution HP, but it also increases your max fire res by +1 (which is always good damage reduction) and it caps your resistances which were currently undercapped according to your PoB (lightning) with the all-res contribution.

I understand why you went for Profane Chemistry, it pairs really well with your Juggernaut node and your Panicked flask combo. In your guide however, your only mention of Pantheon is to run Brine King, Ryslatha, or Arakaali if using Kaom's Roots. Do you feel you should explain to people to capture Gorulis, for the extra 60% life recovery on flask use when on low life? That is still tied to Ryslatha, but it wasn't mentioned that people specifically need to do that for the benefit. 2160 life from flask base + 60% Gorulis + 20% Juggernaut + 50% from Profane Chemistry pathing = 1.4 x 2160 = 3024 + 2160 = 5184 life gained when used on low life, and your build is at 7247 maximum life so low life is reached at 2536 remaining HP, meaning you will 100% top off if the flask is used at any life total between 28.4% and 35%.

The build is currently running 163% chance to ignite without conflux up, and without your helm enchant. (You did incorrectly assume dyadus works with animate guardian somewhere, they changed it btw). I realized that you took that lab enchant to make your shocks constant, without it they are 79%. I think that's pretty dang high tbh. You could even get 4% more with a perfect shock yoke. I'm just not sold on the need for that enchant. Extra damage might be more desirable overall for ignite damage, /meh.

I also wanted to recommend for people trying your build who didn't want to run Quill Rain due to the lossy damage initially, storm cloud into the tempest is a very fair consideration. It's absolutely less damage overall compared to your well crafted rare, but significantly higher than quill.

I can tell you've put a whole lot of time and energy into the build, and it looks great. It's always kinda neat to see full-unique builds actually get off the ground. It's not ele-weakness capped or anything, but it's getting there.

Cheers

(p.s.) I also saw you running a mana flask for phoenix and not having a better way to deal with that, your PoB was damage on normal mobs not bosses or shaper, and that was in your single target setup without gmp in. Kinda confusing. You should likely have the correct boss drop-down for boss killing on your PoB if you can, and then use the boss: no setup with gmp if you want to show your damage against bosses vs. trash clearing effectively.
Hot Flashes: poeurl.com/bPZT
Balance: poeurl.com/btzp
Shocking EleHit: poeurl.com/bZXo
Last edited by Kwitch on Jul 1, 2018, 10:11:34 PM
"
Kwitch wrote:

You prefered 5% life nodes near constitution and elsewhere, yet pathed directly past barbarism in Marauder.

That's totally a blind spot. Thanks for pointing it out.

"
Kwitch wrote:

Do you feel you should explain to people to capture Gorulis, for the extra 60% life recovery on flask use when on low life?

Yes, I will add it to the guide.

"
Kwitch wrote:

I'm just not sold on the need for that enchant. Extra damage might be more desirable overall for ignite damage, /meh.

100% shock chance will remove any possibility that you will have to hit enemies (other than unique boss) for more than 1 time. This is the consistency I wanted in this build.
Also, a devoto with damage enchant is way more expensive than the chance to shock one, back to the day I started my build. And I didn't bother to change it later on.
I did suggest some other lab enchant in the gears section for reference though.

"
Kwitch wrote:

your PoB was damage on normal mobs not bosses or shaper, and that was in your single target setup without gmp in. Kinda confusing.

I admit it was kind of a trap.
The aim is to show players that with solely a +3 bow and some unique items, you will have decent dps. This build has the upside of almost 0 requirements on gg rares. No 400 pdps sword, no stat sticks, no 4-mod abyss jewels, nothing.

Just players nowadays are not likely to even read a build when it does not have millions in unit of dps. If only they can understand that dps is not proportional to clearspeed...
Right, just fire.
"
mauri7op wrote:
Im on SSF and dont have the second Combat Focus, neither the call of the brotherhood. Can i still clear up to t13 with 1 combat focus (cold blocked) and stormfire? until i find the second one.
I do have southbound, quill rain, pyre, dyadian, devotos.

With 1 combat focus the build is actually doable.

Elemental hit prevents same damage type on 2 consecutive hits,

so without combat focus, the damage can go like:
lightning-cold-lightning-cold-fire-lightning

but with 1 combat focus, the damage will be:
fire-cold-fire-cold-fire-cold

Which is consistent enough to be playable.
However, I hate shooting twice to the same enemy. It is slow.

So while I wish you good luck on finding your second combat focus,
I would also hope GGG to provide means to obtain the jewels. At least a vendor recipe to change combat focus into another damage type.
Right, just fire.
I can't afford Combat Focus Jewels. Can I reach maps without it?
"
Malvol wrote:
I can't afford Combat Focus Jewels. Can I reach maps without it?

Unfortunately, Combat Focus is expensive right now (was 1c before). If you decide not to use it, try other builds instead. Elemental Equilibrium EH could be good without the jewels as well, but it is completely another build type.
Right, just fire.
Do you prefer Resolute Technique or Elemental Overload? Why?

And could you provide an example of crit-generating setup?

Thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info