[NOT A BUG] 15th Memory Fragment still bugged

"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:
So, there's a little bit of misinformation on our part with regards to how a Memory Fragment is dropped in the Elder fight. The Shaper must survive the fight. So, in other words, you must defend him successfully in the portal phase of the fight, otherwise a Memory Fragment will not drop.

We've done some testing internally to make sure that a Memory Fragment always drops as intended and everything is working as expected.

I have updated the 3.3.0 patch notes to clarify the fact that Shaper must survive as well. We will clarify this information in-game at a later time as well.

Sorry for any confusion here. Hopefully this clears things up a bit.

Hello GGG,

i'm quite upset right now. I have done around 20 maps again to spawn the Elder in a red map. When he spawned, the map on my atlas said that it would contain the 15th Memory Fragment. So I killed the Elder's minions and then the Elder but no memory fragment dropped.

Please fix this finally. It's so frustrating to not being able to finish this quest after what... 6 months now? I really lost all interest now to spawn the elder again on my atlas. It's not rewarding, especially not if the quest is STILL bugged.

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Rhys on Jun 26, 2018, 6:15:16 PM
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2019, 6:13:52 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I just had the exact same bug as you.. was on 14/15 fragments, did a T15 elder influenced map for my 10th fragment, had Elder and his guardians ALL spawn on red maps t11, 12, 13 and 14 and the elder spawned on another t13. I got fragments 11 - 14 by killing the guardians, and had just the elder left - there was even a blue circle showing I would get a memory fragment - but it didn't drop :( so gutted by this.. Shaper did die during my fight does that have any effect?

I feel your pain OP :( its so expensive to try get another red elder spawn this early in the league, red maps are so expensive and it sucks to lose to a bug when all the pieces were in place just fine :(

As you can see from the screenshot below - this is my atlas state after I just beat elder influenced t15 Lair map, which game me my 11th fragment. So I should have got the last 4 no problem right? Got three and then killed elder in Arsenal with a blue circle around the map, but no fragment dropped :(

I am stumped now how am I supposed to get the 15th fragment if latest patch notes are incorrect after all?

IGN : Drahmin (Legion SC League)
Timezone : GMT(+2:00) South African Standard Time
Legion Crafting Service thread : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2568765
Standard Crafting Thread (For Vouches) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207913/page/1
Last edited by Daegon on Jun 4, 2018, 11:54:00 AM
same issue. i pissed off. the same 3.2 :S
"
Daegon wrote:
was on 14/15 fragments, did a T15 elder influenced map for my 10th fragment, had Elder and his guardians ALL spawn on red maps t11, 12, 13 and 14 and the elder spawned on another t13. I got fragments 11 - 14 by killing the guardians, and had just the elder left - there was even a blue circle showing I would get a memory fragment - but it didn't drop :(

You might have gotten different fragments from the fights than you assume, the system is still not perfectly clear to read ingame. Could you please go to the Epilogue -> The Templar Laboratory and look at the memory journal (or something like that). It should show 14 of 15 pages. Which page number is missing?
Read EDIT below:

Can also confirm this issue, really needs fixing!

I am at 14/15 fragments. (Book of Memory shows first 14 pages)
When i spawned my first red elder @ 10 fragments, the elder itself was not on t15 (was t11 or t12 i think) if i recall correctly, but pretty sure one of the guardians was on sunken city t15.

The result was quite frustrating, all the Guardians dropped their fragment.
However the Elder himself, while still showing up on the atlas as holding the last fragment did not drop any fragment.

I have been killing red elders several times since then, both on T14 and T15 and neither T14 Elder nor T15 Elder will drop this goddamn fragment (he is still being highlighted as having a fragment every single time) and it is getting pretty frustrating not being able to finish this quest.

The quest state is:
"Defeat the Elder in Red Maps
Collect the Shaper's memory fragments (14/15)"

Even more annoying is the fact that Zana told me after killing the Shaper that i should get the last fragment for her, it feels like the quest may have entered a weird deadlock state, which prevents me from being able to spawn the uber elder obviously which is required one end-game grind. I basically would have to buy every single kill.

EDIT:
So as i was looking around some more in the forum i stumbled upon a possible solution, which i will test on my next try:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2158805/page/3
"
So, there's a little bit of misinformation on our part with regards to how a Memory Fragment is dropped in the Elder fight. The Shaper must survive the fight. So, in other words, you must defend him successfully in the portal phase of the fight, otherwise a Memory Fragment will not drop.

We've done some testing internally to make sure that a Memory Fragment always drops as intended and everything is working as expected.

I have updated the 3.3.0 patch notes to clarify the fact that Shaper must survive as well. We will clarify this information in-game at a later time as well.

Last edited by TheHardworkingProbe on Jun 20, 2018, 9:13:16 PM
I just killed an Elder which said there was a Fragment inside (Should be my last fragment), and I didnt receive it after killing it. FFS! Truly dissapointing.

Not only that, all the maps that I corrupted (since id have to shove it in my atlas forcefully) didn't get the bonus in the atlas, even thought the game showed Map completion and Bonus completion after I killed the repsective guardian of the corrupted map.
Last edited by ArkthuriuS on Jun 23, 2018, 11:01:36 AM
"
ArkthuriuS wrote:
I just killed an Elder which said there was a Fragment inside (Should be my last fragment), and I didnt receive it after killing it. FFS! Truly dissapointing.

Did Shaper survive the fight? As noted in the post above yours:
"
Hartlin_GGG wrote:

"
ArkthuriuS wrote:
Not only that, all the maps that I corrupted (since id have to shove it in my atlas forcefully) didn't get the bonus in the atlas, even thought the game showed Map completion and Bonus completion after I killed the repsective guardian of the corrupted map.

You only get map completion for killing the Guardian, but not the Atlas bonus. You get Atlas bonus for killing the map boss, and guardians aren't them.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
STILL BUGGED!

FIX THIS FINALLY!!!!!!!!
Well, I'm in a deadlock state too. made various attempts at completing the last memory fragment, and during the last fight I finished it deathless with the help of a guardian in party, in game name @Keptas_Veradas. I'm almost positive that Shaper didn't die during the portal phase (how do you see he didn't die actually? make a goddamn life bar of Shaper visible during that awful phase please, and place it at the middle of the top half of screen), regardless he must have died as I didn't receive the fragment according to those great "design decisions" - btw tune the goddamn fight for a character using a real dual wielding skill with RT and then we could talk about keep xxxxx alive >.<

No matter, will rejoin the thread in a day or two, after I try red Elder again with the help of a 16K HP RF Jugg that will ensure Shaper will be alive. Hopefully GGG are right and it works as intended, if not my bug report will be very comprehensive...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
"
sofocle10000 wrote:
how do you see he didn't die actually?

If he survives, Elder is sealed in the middle of the room. If Shaper dies, he fails to lock him, iirc.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info