Super Slow Mo! (No uniques required! Made for new, physically challenged, & SSF gamers.)(3.3)

The 3.4 Version is up! https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2201585. Remember when I said in 3.2's build about 3.3's update..."Sorry for those is standard leagues, but the build changed a lot. It shouldn't change this dramatically again without drastic minion updates by GGG..." Well, 3.4 had an insane amount of changes for minions. Sooooo, sorry for those is standard leagues, but the build changed a lot. It shouldn't change this dramatically again without drastic minion updates by GGG. :)

WELCOME!

*Main Build* - Super Slow Mo Version - Where Your Enemies Move Insanely Slow...Like their in Slow Motion...SUPER Slow Motion (the best build ever)
Do you like to laugh at enemies? Do you like to laugh at them because they are going so slow that you have the time to laugh at them? Do you like to make enemies so slow that you can run beside them and whisper mean things to them as they run towards your old position at an embarrassing slow speed? THEN THIS IS THE BUILD FOR YOU! If you don't like to make enemies feel poorly before you kill them then you should try this build so you learn to like to make enemies feel poorly before you kill them.

This guide is written with a focus on those new to Path of Exile. For those that aren't new, thanks for your patience with all the extra bits. I've tried to make this layout easy to skip to the important bits if you don't need the filler.

About the 'Author' / Why My Builds are the Way they Are
I deal with post concussion syndrome. Without getting all "doctor" on you, if I want to play a game for a good while and be able to function when I'm finished playing, I have to avoid many things in video games. Things that I try to avoid in POE builds are: really fast character movements, unpredictable movements by the character or enemies, lots of flashing lights, anything spontaneous or unpredictable on screen, required quick reactions (like movement), quick reactions to specific things (like seeing if I'm silenced, in a bear trap, frozen, bleeding, and then needing to do something quick and specific to deal with it)...and many more basic gaming things.

The reason that I write this part isn't so that you feel sorry for me. It's to explain why there are certain elements of my builds that are not maximized in a way that the general community would typically maximize their builds. So I look for build ideas that:
- Don't require much movement (or movement that I have to focus on providing).
- Don't have emphasis on lots of specific button presses at specific times (like flasks).
- Don't require aiming with the mouse (console POE I can handle better because of analog aiming instead of mouse clicking).
- I can look away from the screen for a bit, still deal damage, and survive (hopefully).

As limiting as that seems, this game provides endless character building options. Cast When Damage Taken, curses, skills that don't have to be aimed, life regen or dodge with Chaos Innoculation are all big helps.

So my build ideas (if you like them) are great for:
- New players.
- Players that don't like button mashing.
- Players that don't like having to move lots while fighting.
- Players that like attacking/casting with only one or two skills.
- Players that like a more laid back POE experience.
- Players with medical conditions (like epilepsy or those with with physical limitations that are restricted in how they use keyboards or mice (to name a couple)).
- Players that don't want to stress about finishing maps in record breaking time.
- Players that like the best builds ever made in the history of Path of Exile (obviously).
Build Explanation
How Minions Work
Raise Zombie is our main skill and it is a minion skill. Any minion's damage only increases with items or passive tree nodes that specifically increase "minion damage". If a node on the tree or mod on an item doesn't specify minion damage, it won't be useful at all. So something that says, "Increases your damage by 30%" won't improve the damage your minions make. In this build your character will almost no damage, only your minions will.

Minions are considered Allies though. So auras, nodes, or items that improve allies will benefit your minions.

Zombies Attack enemies, they don't cast spells. So anything that improves minion/ally Attack Speed will help our build out, but not Cast Speed (that's for spells).

Lastly, minions are their own entity. Once you bring them into the world, they attack who they want. You cannot control who they attack. Some minions, once summoned/raised stay within the summoned area, other follow you. Zombies will follow us everywhere. So once they are raised, we don't have to raise them again...unless they die.

Lastly lastly, Zombies don't care about you. So if you're taking damage, they aren't going to run back and help you. You have to help yourself.
Slow Focus
I. LOVE. SLOWING. ENEMIES. So in this build, we're going to slow enemies. Why? Lots of good reasons...but the most important reason is: Because.

Path of Exile has multiple methods that can slow a character/enemy in two ways: 1-Slowing Movement Speed only 2-Slowing all actions (including movement speed). This build will focus on the two methods in the game that slow ALL actions of an enemy: Temporal Chains and Chill. These two methods of slowing can stack.

Chill - An elemental effect from Cold damage that slows all actions (movement, cast/attack speed) up to 30%. The % of slow (chill) imposed on an enemy is based on the total Cold Damage done to the enemy in one hit. So the higher the cold damage of an initial hit (not cumulative) the greater the "chill effect"...the slower the enemy is.

Temporal Chains - A curse that slows all actions (movement, cast/attack speed) up to a base value of 29% but with investment can be capped at 75%.

We will also be using Maim which slows movement speed by 30%. This does only slow movement speed, but it will be attached to our Zombie attacks so I threw it in here anyway.
Curses
I. LOVE. CURSES. TOO.

Curses are debuffs that you can put on an enemy. There are quite a few curses in the game, not all of them are beneficial with every build. I have chosen two curses for this build: Temporal Chains which slows every action of the enemy; and Enfeeble which makes the enemy deal less damage and hit less often.

By default in POE, every character can only apply one curse per enemy. There is a node on the passive tree that increases this limit by one (we'll get it), a node in the Occultist ascendancy, and a few unique items in the game that we can equip that will increase our limit as well. We'll be using 2 curses so we won't need any of the uniques. We will be increasing the effectiveness of these curses as well.

Unless an enemy is "Hexproof" (curse proof), our curses will have full effect on all enemies that aren't bosses. Bosses are naturally 60% less affected by curses and the Shaper and his Guardians are 80% less affected.

There is a node on the tree that acts like a curse but isn't. It's called Elemental Equilibrium. It acts as a curse that lowers enemy resists. We'll be getting that too. It can be applied on every enemy.

A big part of this build are the two curses I have chosen. Curses can be cast manually as a spell that applies the selected curse to an area for a duration, or you can link a support skill called Blasphemy which will make the linked curses Auras that are always around you. Curses turned to Auras each reserve 35% of our mana. We are going to attempt to have our curses as strong as possible. That'll take some gem and passive tree investment. Temporal Chains at its maximum level slows all enemy actions by 29%. With the appropriate investment we can make enemies 75% slower with Temporal Chains (this skill caps at slowing enemies beyond 75%). Enfeeble, our other curse, does not have a cap. Enfeeble has a lot of great defense, it makes us harder to be hit by Attacks (not spells), we take less critical damage, and we'll take less overall damage too. Focusing specifically on the general damage mitigation of the skill, we'll be improving Enfeeble's base damage mitigation from 30% to 45%.

(Curses are 60% less effective against Area/Map bosses and 80% less effective against the Shaper and his Guardians. That's OK though. The rest of the build is good enough. :) )

Curse Math (for those that care)
GGG is amazing at community feedback and support. For a game this complex, with its frequency of updates, it's impossible to have every iota of knowledge available and easy to access. I have done tons of research to the math of curses and am pretty sure I have it down pat, but I'm not 100% sure. I have no recent, relevant, articles that I found a trust to help out (though GGG has hinted that curses will be modified greatly in a distant future update). So here's what I have come up with:
- Things that improve a curse's quality are additive.
- Things that improve a curse's effect are multiplicative.

Let's use Temporal Chains as an example.
- Temporal Chains at level 20 slows enemies by 29%.
- Improving the quality of TC to its max slows enemies 10% more.
- Linking Enhance Support to TC will improve its quality by 16%.
- 29+10+16=47. So with those two skills Temporal Chains went from 29% slow to 55%.

- Having our linked Blasphemy Support at a full quality will improve the curse's effect by 10%.
- On the passive tree there are a nodes that improve the effects of curses. They total 40%.
- 10+40=50

- So we have a 55% base slow being improved by 50%. 50% of 55 is 27.5. 55+27.5=82.5
=82.5% slow. Except we cap at 75%.

The problem (not a big one) is that Enhance is a drop only gem and takes a LONG time to improve. So once you actually find it, you'll likely only get its efficiency up to 8%, not 16%. (To get Enhance to its highest level in Solo Self Found, you'll have to likely only this character.) To save space I'll show you what the slows would be with the three different Enhance Support levels:

- The above equation without Enhance (or with Enhance at level 1): 58.5%
- The above equation without Enhance (or with Enhance at level 2): 70.5%
- The above equation without Enhance (or with Enhance at level 3): 82.5%

As you can see in the picture below, there are a few other method of improving curses. Some options won't be available to our ascendancy class. Feel free to use the items if you get them. I'll be planning this build around not getting them.

My math for this build for both curses with an 8% (Level 2) Enhance
Cast when Damage Taken
Cast when Damage Taken (CwDT) is a gem that automatically casts spells (not attacks) it is linked to when your character takes a certain amount of damage. The lower the level of CwDT, the less damage it needs to cast its linked spells. The higher the level of CwDT, the more damage is needed to set it off. The benefit to CwDT at a high level (for our build) is that we can have high level gems attached to it (Stone Golem). A low level CwDT can only have low level gems attached to it. So it's good to attach spells that don't have a great benefit to leveling.
Offerings
We will also be running an offering. Offerings are skills that consume corpses to give minions temporary benefits. The offering that I've chosen for us increases minion attack and movement speed. You'll see it as a red "ghost" while in combat. (You can only have one offering active at one time.)
Pros and Cons
Pro - As cheap as you want it to be! No uniques required!

Pro - Perfect for new players. Easy to level, easy to survive, easy to kill, easy endgame, easy solo self found.

Pro - You only use one skill/button in combat. Everything else (except for flasks) is automatic.

Pro - It clears maps quickly.

Pro - Chills and slows every enemy and boss to their max (unless immune). Great for survivability.

Pro - Has great DPS (23k per Zombie) against the Shaper with a 5 link and 32k with a 6 link.

Pro - Can take and give good damage.

Pro - You can run any map mod in end game except two. (Both physical and elemental reflect will kill your Zombies.)

Con - It's a minion build (meaning you don't choose who you attack).

Con - It takes time to get your Zombie fleet back in mid-combat if they all died (will rarely happen).
How I Play This Build/How it Functions in Gameplay
This build is really easy to play. Sooooo easy.

Quick Version: Charged Dash into a group of enemies, zombies kill everything, move on.

Detailed Version:
- Raise your Zombies
- Charged Dash into an enemy which, if the skill hits, will activate both the Fortify buff on yourself (which reduces the damage you (not your minions) take from hits (but not damage over time), and initiate Elemental Equilibrium. Charged Dash does Lightning Damage so it'll initiate Elemental Equilibrium and will make the cold damage the zombies do even greater.
- When you are around enemies, your two curses will immediately be applied to them. At full strength, your curse auras will cover almost a standard size monitor screen. Hatred the aura that we'll have active to give our zombies bonus cold damage will have roughly the same diameter.
- Unless the enemy is hexproof, your enemies will deal a lot less damage, have weaker critical hits, are a lot less likely to hit you with attacks (not spells), and are slowed substantially.
- Your zombies will destroy things quickly.
- In longer fights you will want to pay attention to the Fortify icon at the top of the screen (when activated). Fortify lasts 5 seconds, so does the Elemental Equilibrium debuff. So for your own survivability, try to keep fortify up at all times during battle.
- If/when we get hit, we have two CwDT setups. One is at the lowest level and only needs 528 damage taken to be setoff. It'll cast Desecrate which makes corpses for our offering skill, Flesh Offering which consumes Desecrate's created corpses to increase the movement and speed of our minions, and then Immortal Call which gives us a quick moment of invulnerability against physical damage. The high level CwDT requires 3272 damage taken to be setoff and summons a Stone Golem. This minion deals damage but also gives us a small amount of life regen.

So lots happens, but all you're doing is using Charged Dash for Fortify and EE. ONE BUTTON FUN!
Passive Tree
Passive tree link, a picture of the passive tree, or Pastebin if you use Path of Building
Passive Tree Explained
The skill tree is easy to understand:
You'll start as a Witch. We start as a witch because there is only one subclass in the game that greatly benefits minions and to reach that subclass (ascendancy) you must start as a witch.

Our build needs almost every node on the tree. So, until you're high enough level, you'll be choosing one feature over another. So go any direction you like and take what seems best to you at the time (or what you're most excited for). I suggest getting all the minion nodes quickly. The sooner you have all 10 Zombies and they can survive with being re-raised, you'll be dancin'.

Tree Focuses:
- Minions - We have every minion node selected which includes minion damage, speed, survivability, and maximizing our zombie quantity limit.
- Auras - We will be running three auras will be using 120% of our total mana. So we have some mana reservation reduction nodes selected to make that total less than 100% (so we can run all three at once).
- Curses - This build focuses on curse efficiency which means we needed the nodes that improve curse efficiency.
- Jewels - Jewel slots are amazing. Jewels are items you can find that you can actually allocate on your tree. They can give almost anything from health, damage, resists...anything. We have four jewel slot selected. Two you'll have free reign with. The other two are reserved for Violent Dead. What's really neat is you can swap jewels in and out of your passive tree anytime.
- Health. I've heard you need it to live. Darn.
- Attributes - I have three nodes on the tree dedicated to a total of 60 Strength and 30 Dexterity (nodes that give +30 of the attribute). Personally, I don't like being dependant on items to get the minimum attribute requirements for items and gems. I like to have it taken care of on the tree to give me a greater option in equipment that drops.
Elemental Equilibrium
Elemental Equilibrium (EE) is a node on the passive tree. It gives enemies negative resists to elements you don't hit enemies with...if you've hit them with an element.
So if I hit an enemy with lightning, the enemy now has 25% extra lightning resistance and -50% to both fire and cold resists. If my spell or attack hits and enemy with lightning and fire, the enemy is only now susceptible to cold damage.

**A big part of the Zombie damage in this build comes from our Hatred aura. It gives cold damage to the Zombies. So make sure that ANY item, jewel, or implicit mod from the ascendancies does not have Added Cold Damage in any way. Charged Dash already has lightning as a part of the skill. So every enemy touched by CD will get the EE debuff put on them. (If you have any skills attached to Cast when Damage Taken, make sure they don't do cold damage.)

A neat thing about EE is that it is only applied to enemies by us, not our minions. So, even though our minions are hitting the enemies over and over with cold damage, they aren't giving the enemies extra cold resists.

Questions? Let me know.
Now, feel free to modify this is anyway. This is just my preference for easy Solo Self Found.

Take your time to look at each skill as they come along. Some of the nodes are pretty dramatic.

Some quests earn you respec points in case you regret any decisions you made on the tree. You can also use Orbs of Regret for the same thing.
Ascendancy
As you go through the game you'll come across Trials of Ascendancy. Starting in Act 3 you'll see their value. Once you have completed all 6 of the first set of trails, you'll get to attempt your first Labyrinth (lab). Good luck! Upon completion Choose Necromancy. You get two ascendancy points per lab. There are four labs for a total of 8 points. (Redoing the same lab will not reward you with more ascendancy points if you've already completed it.)

You can spend your points in any order you like. My preference is as follows:
- 1st Two Points - Invoker. It's the weakest node out of the four big choices, but it leads to my favourite.
- 2nd Two Points - Flesh Binder. It's pretty self explanatory. It's like a permanent supercharger button for your zombies.
- 3rd Two Points - Commander of Darkness. I actually like the next node better, but it's good to get resists maxed as soon as possible. (The aura benefits of this build are only for Hatred and Clarity. Curses turned into auras do not apply to these bonuses. Hatred will be the only aura that affects our zombies so they'll only get 3% increased attack speed. The 30% increase in damage is only applied once, now matter how many auras your minions have benefiting them. We are running Clarity at level one so that we get the 20% resists from this node. Hatred doesn't apply to us because we linked it with Generosity.)
- 4th Two Points - Puppet Master. CwDT counts as "us" casting a skill. Flesh Offering is a minion skill so it counts as "using a minion skill recently". ("Recently" in PoE means 4 seconds.)
Pantheon
Choose any you like as they come across. I personally like not being affected by burning ground and having chill effects on me reduced. Movement speed is also helpful and applies to Charged Dash. But there are no make or break options here. Just preferences.
Gem Links
PoE restricts which gems are available to each class until Act 3. Until then you can get some gems for free from quest rewards, purchase some from specific NPCs in each town, or find them as loot.

There are two NPC's that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth is Act 6.

Level all these gems to their max (level 20) unless I have written a level number beside the gem name. For example: "-Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1)". If I have written a level beside the name, that's the level you need to stop leveling the gem at.

There are a couple gems that will "need" to be at full quality as well. So be sure to use your Gemcutter's Prisms on these gems first if you are following this build closely. Then you can improve the quality of any other gems you see fit. I'll have a "20%" beside the gem name to indicate it's priority to be quality first. For Example: "Temporal Chains (20%)"

5/6 Link - Main Skill (Socket in your chest)
-Raise Zombie - Our main skill, a minion skill. They do the damage. Not you.
-Minion Damage Support - Improves minion damage.
-Melee Physical Damage Support - Improves melee damage, which is the only damage our zombies do.
-Additional Accuracy Support - Improves the minions' chance to hit their target. A much higher DPS boost than you think.
-Maim Support - Bonus damage and slows the enemies' movement speed.
-(If you get a six link: Hypothermia Support - Improves damage if the enemy is chilled..which they will be with the power of our zombie hits..unless they are immune.)

4 Link - Curses - (Socket in either your hands or boots)
-Blasphemy Support (20%) - Turns our two curses into auras so that enemies on screen are always cursed.
-Temporal Chains (20%) - Our curse that slows the enemy. With the improvements discussed above, will improve the slow on all enemy actions from 29% to 70%-75%.
-Enfeeble - Our curse that makes us harder to be hit by Attacks (not spells), take less critical damage, and take less overall damage too. Focusing specifically on the general damage mitigation of the skill, we'll be improving Enfeeble's base damage mitigation from 30% to 45%.
-Enhance Support - Enhance is a DROP ONLY gem. It greatly impacts the value of Temporal Chains' slow, so as soon as it drops, start leveling it. It only has three levels and each level takes a LONG time to level up. It's first level gives no benefit, second level is +8% to gem quality, third level is 16%.

4 Link - Bonus Attack and Movement Speed for Minions, and Bonus Defense. (Socket in any 4 link)
-Cast When Damage Taken (Level 1) - Automatically casts linked spells.
-Desecrate (Level 7) - Guarantees corpses for Flesh Offering.
-Flesh Offering (Level 8) - Improves minion attack and movement speed.
-Either Immortal Call (Level 3) or Frost Bomb (Level 10). Immortal Call will give you half a second of invulnerability to physical damage and Frost Bomb lowers enemy resists to cold damage by 25%. You can pick either offense or defense.

4 Link - Movement, Defense, Elemental Equilibrium. (Socket in any 4 link)
-Chared Dash (Level 10) - Your movement skill that triggers Fortify when this skill hits an enemy. This skill hits enemies throughout the path your run on, not just the end. It also hits in a decent area of effect for your whole path once released. This skill does Lightning Damage so it automatically will initiate Elemental Equilibrium (EE).
-Fortify Support - Increases our melee damage, which we don't care about at all, but gives us the Fortify buff for 5 seconds. Fortify decreases our damage taken from hits (both spell and attacks) by 20%. This does not work against damage over time.
-Increased Area of Effect Support - Improves the area of effect of Charged Dash, meaning EE will spread to way more enemies while moving with Charged Dash.
-Culling Strike Support - Improves the damage of Charged Dash, but we don't care. This make Charged Dash automatically kill EVERY enemy we hit that has health under 10%.

3 Link - Life Regen and Resists (Socket in any 3 link)
-Cast When Damage Taken - Automatically casts linked spells.
-Summon Stone Golem - An extra minion and life regen.
-Clarity (Level 1) - The only aura that reserves such a small amount of mana. We only cast it for the bonus +20% resists from the Commander of Darkness ascendancy node we selected. We get a little mana regen out of it too.

3 Link - Damage and Chill (Socket in any 3 link)
-Hatred - Adds cold damage to our zombies as a result increasing the chill effect on enemies.
-Generosity Support - Greatly improves Hatred. Typically, auras affect both the caster and their allies. When you attach Generosity to an aura, it improves the aura substantially for your allies, but removes the entire effect on yourself.

***In POE you can switch between two weapon sets. I'm going to encourage you to put a weapon in your second weapon set that has two blue and one red socket. It'll let you keep/level Frost Bomb/Immortal Call and Minion Life Support (A Minion Life gem leveled up is a good backup to switch in (if you don't like raising Zombies mid-battle) against those rare bosses that hit crazy hard.) It doesn't matter if this other weapon is a 2 handed weapon.
Gear
Short Version - All Rares! You'll want a Bone Helmet for bonus Minion Damage. Then just get lots of life and resists on all your items. I like having a shield and one-handed weapon instead of a two handed weapon. It's just a preference; no right or wrong there.
- Also, in Act 5 there is a quest called Death to Purity. Select the Violent Dead Jewel as a quest reward.
More Helpful Version
Mods
When an item drops in POE, it is completely random to what it is. It has the chance to be a: Normal, Magic, Rare, or Unique item. Each more rare than the previous. On magic and rare items different modifiers (mods) are randomly assigned as well. There are hundreds of modifiers in the game, not all can roll on all items. Examples of a mod are: "+30 to Maximum health" or "Adds 1-3 damage as lightning". Sometimes the mods work well together. Sometimes they contradict each other. If you're using a spell, you won't benefit from an increase in Attack Damage and Casting Speed, but you would from Spell Damage and Casting Speed increases. Rarely, you'll find a Rare item where all or most of the mods work perfectly for your build.

- Normal item: are white and have no mods.
- Magic item: are blue and have up to 3 mods.
- Rare item: are yellow and have 4+ mods on them.
- Unique Item: predetermined mods.

In this build, you'll want increases to:

- Anything Minion
- Increases to Maximum life
- Increases to Resists
- Increases to Movement Speed
- Increases to Mana/mana regen (only if you're struggling for it. The skill tree will give you just enough).
Implicits
An implicit is a guaranteed mod. It will show up on ALL rarities of a base item except the unique. So for example, the Bone Helmet gives 3-%-40% extra Minion Damage. All helmets do not give this bonus to minion damage, only the Bone Helmet. The Normal, Magic, and Rare versions all have this implicit mod. If you use an Orb of Alchemy on a normal Bone Helmet, the implicit mod stays, and the item gets the amount of extra mods a rare item gets. If you use an Orb of Scouring on a rare Bone Helmet, it'll change the helmet into a normal Bone Helmet but keep the implicit.

So mods don't replace implicit mods. But implicits replace implicits. When you are doing your Labs (where you get your ascendancy points), you'll get the option to add random implicits mods to an item. That can be good or bad, just be sure not to do it to an item that already has an implicit that works well for you. (You cannot reverse any crafting actions in this game.)
Essences
On occasion in maps, you'll come across a bunch of enemies that are frozen in place in kind of a circle...and you didn't do it. These are Essence Circles. You have to click on the enemy in the middle 3 times to release the trapped enemies so you can kill them. Killing them results in the middle enemy dropping the essences that they held.

Essences are like an Orb of Alchemy. An alchemy changes a normal (white) item to a rare (yellow) item. All the mods are randomized in the process of course. An Essence is just like using an Alch but give you a guaranteed mod.

So for our build we're looking at essences of Wrath (which add lightning damage to our weapon) or Anger (fire damage).

There are multiple levels to each type of essence that give it greater impact the higher you get.
So a Weeping Essence of Wrath gives your weapon 58-61 lightning damage. A Deafening Essence of Wrath gives 162-172 lightning damage.

And now you know.
- Weapon - Any one-handed weapon you like. I like the look of the Void Sceptre. That's the only reason I use it. Now remember, make sure your weapon doesn't have any cold damage on it or we get the negative effect of EE, not the positive part.
- Shield - Anything you like.
- Head - A Bone Helmet. They are the only rare in the game that carries a natural Minion Damage implicit. Be sure not to replace it in an Lab. They start dropping around character level 73.
- Chest - Anything you like.
- Hands - Anything you like.
- Feet - Anything you like.
- Amulet - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Ring - Anything you like.
- Belt - Anything you like.
- Jewel - Violent Dead. An Act 5 quest reward for Death to Purity.
- Jewel - Violent Dead. We can have a maximum of 2 Violent Dead jewels. Only one is given as a quest reward. A second one will eventually drop. They are common in terms of unique jewel drops.
- Jewel - Anything you like.
- Jewel - Anything you like.
- Flasks - Anything you like. I simply use 4 health flasks (all modified to remove bleeding) and Quicksilver Flask.
The beginning of your first playthrough, or with SSF, can be hard gear wise. Hang in there, the good gear with the links you want will come. Don't waste your currency (orbs and fusings) on your items until you reach endgame. It might seem like you have a lot, but soon you'll see that it takes a lot of currency to get what you want on an item.
Socket Colours
To save some Chromatics (orbs that change socket colours), here's some basic info:
- Use the Vorici Calculator
- Items that have Strength requirements are more likely to roll red sockets, Dexterity-green, and Intelligence-blue. If an item has a base requirement of Strength and Intelligence (Bone Helmet) it is more likely to roll red and blue sockets.
- 4 linking an item is easy-ish (25 or less fusings at worst).
- 5 linking an item will take a couple hundred Fusings.
- 6 linking an item is not for the faint of heart.
Your goal on every single piece of gear is to get:

- Anything Minion
- Increases to Maximum life
- Increases to Resists
- Increases to Movement Speed
- Increases to Mana/mana regen (only if you're struggling for it. The skill tree will give you just enough).

Some people say to ignore chaos resists. This is not bad advice but you'll have 10 rare items to get 135% resistance on all three elements and chaos. It's doable...and so relaxing when accomplished. I say 135% resists because by the time you finish the story and get to endgame, POE hits you with a -60% to your fire, cold, lightning, and chaos resists. It is very important to have those capped at the +75% or more. It's not a waste to go over the 135% as some endgame maps will lower your resists by another 60%.

I have included an item filter (in the URL section) that will ease the looting pain for those that do SSF.

***In POE you can switch between two weapon sets. I'm going to encourage you to put a weapon in your second weapon set that has two blue and one red socket. It'll let you keep/level Frost Bomb/Immortal Call and Minion Life Support. It doesn't matter if this other weapon is a 2 handed weapon.
Endgame Mods to Avoid
At the end of the game, the levels (maps) you try and clear will have random modifiers (mods) allocated to them. There are A LOT of mods that can go on a map.

We won't be able to run maps that reflect either physical or elemental damage. Your minions will deal a lot of both and the damage they deal will in turn kill themselves. We also want to be able to refill our life flasks. But that's it! Just the three!

Some mods will be inconvenient, but they won't be impossible to run.
Hexproof maps (curse immune enemies) would suck, but it's not the end of the world. You just have to be a little more on your toes cause enemies will deal full damage and be at full speed. Not regenerating mana will only be a problem if your Zombies die.

You'll learn your personal preferences over time, but only Reflect mods must be avoided.
Leveling/Quests - Solo Self Found - Quick Reference
*I'll update this as I go through the game myself on 3.3.*

- I suggest doing every quest in the game. It doesn't take long. If you're too eager to get to mapping in the endgame, here is a link to all the quests that give Skill Points as a reward.

Bandits - With the Bandits in Act 2, I kill them all for the extra 2 skill points. You, of course, do what you like.

**Remember to prioritize. You may not be lucky enough to get the gear that'll let you play with all your gems as soon as they are available. So do what works best for you until the gear comes (don't be quick to sell your old gear in case something doesn't work out).
This is the wiki order for those that go Solo Self Found:
Act 1 - Enemy at the Gate - Reward - Level 1 - Raise Zombie
Act 1 - Breaking Some Eggs - Reward - Level 4 - Frost Bomb
Act 1 - The Caged Brute Part 1 - Reward - Level 8 - Minion Damage Support
Act 1 - The Caged Brute Part 2 - Reward - Level 10 - Clarity
Act 1 - The Siren's Cadence Part 1 - Reward - Level 12 - Flesh Offering
Deal with the Bandits - Reward - Level 15 - Kill Everyone - 2 Skill Points
Act 2 - Intruders in Black - Reward - Level 16 - Desecrate
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel Part 1 - Purchase - Level 18 - Melee Physical Damage Support
Act 2 - Sharp and Cruel - Purchase - Level 18 - Culling Strike Support
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Purchase - Level 24 - Hatred
Act 3 - Lost in Love - Purchase - Level 24 - Enfeeble
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Reward/Purchase - Level 31 - Blasphemy Support
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 8 - Additional Accuracy
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 8 - Maim Support
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 24 - Temporal Chains
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 28 - Charged Dash
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 31 - Generosity Support
Act 3 - A Fixture of Fate - Purchase - Level 31 - Hypothermia Support
Act 4 - Red Banner - Reward - Level 34 - Summon Stone Golem
Act 4 - The Eternal Nightmare Part 1 - Purchase - Level 38 - Cast when Damage Taken x2
Act 4 - Rapture - Reward - Level 38 - Increased Area of Effect Support
Act 5 - Death to Purity - Reward - Level 1 - Jewel - Violent Dead
Act 6 - Fallen From Grace - Purchase - Level 31 - Fortify Support
Act 6 - Fallen From Grace - Purchase - Level 34 - Immortal Call
This is the wiki order for those that buy gems ahead of time:
Level 1 - Raise Zombie
Level 1 - Jewel - Violent Dead
Level 4 - Frost Bomb
Level 8 - Minion Damage Support
Level 8 - Additional Accuracy
Level 8 - Maim Support
Level 10 - Clarity
Level 12 - Flesh Offering
Level 15 - Kill Everyone - 2 Skill Points
Level 16 - Desecrate
Level 18 - Melee Physical Damage Support
Level 18 - Culling Strike Support
Level 24 - Hatred
Level 24 - Temporal Chains
Level 24 - Enfeeble
Level 28 - Charged Dash
Level 31 - Blasphemy Support
Level 31 - Generosity Support
Level 31 - Hypothermia Support
Level 31 - Fortify Support
Level 34 - Summon Stone Golem
Level 34 - Immortal Call
Level 38 - Cast when Damage Taken x2
Level 38 - Increased Area of Effect Support
- There are two NPCs that sell all purchasable gems: the first one is Siosa in the Library in Act 3 (you have to do his quest first (the Library is connected to The Imperial Gardens)), the second NPC is Lilly Roth in Act 6 (Do her quest in Act 6).
URLs
- Path of Building - The character planner I use.

- Pastebin - A link to import my specific build into Path of Building.

- 3.3's Passive Tree

- A quick video of this build in action: Character Level 84 - Mesa
- A video of an Easy Hydra Kill

- The filter I use on PC It's a pretty strict filter but I also like to be thorough. It's not a get rich filter. It's strictly a SSF filter for this specific build. Up to you if you want to use it.

To download the filter - Click the filter link just above. Click Download near the top of the page. Once downloaded, rename the file to whatever you like. Put the file in: Documents\My Games\Path of Exile. Once POE is loaded, hit "O" for Options, go to the "UI" tab, scroll to the bottom, and select your new filter from the drop down list beside "List of Item Filters".

If it doesn't work, let me know.
Awesome. So if you have any questions let me know and I'll respond the best I can. If you don't like my build I hope your build ideas lack success and then you come back to mine and go, "huh. I like this...a lot."
2nd Build - The Non-Slow Mo Pure Health Version
If you like the build above but don't care for the defensive benefits of 70%+ slow and 45% reduced damage of Enfeeble (against non-bosses), then try this build out.

Everything is the same as the above build except:

- This is your passive tree
- You can remove Enhance Support and Temporal Chains from the build completely and fill in the gem blanks as you see fit. (You'll only have Enfeeble and Hatred as Auras.)
- (This build has less actual defense (no slow and an Enfeeble at 30% damage reduction instead of 45%) but lots more health. 241% total multiplicative health.)

***Just in case you care, in my personal build, I have switched out Hypothermia with Minion Speed. I've found my survivability substantially better. (Maim on a five link.) So I'm now at Zombies-Minion Damage-Minion Speed-Melee Physical-Additional Accuracy-Maim.
https://www.ForeverExiled.com/: Forever Exiled, A Path of Exile Podcast

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Last edited by Wrecker_of_Days on Aug 30, 2018, 1:18:55 AM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2018, 1:19:12 AM
Any levelling advice (if it is in the guide and I missed then I apologize :) )
"
fenzor wrote:
Any levelling advice (if it is in the guide and I missed then I apologize :) )

The nice thing about Minions, is that you're not dependant on a weapon at all. So in terms of gear, just balance between health, resists, and links for Zombies (at the beginning of a league it's always difficult). In terms of the tree, I actually find that getting all the minion nodes first improves not just the damage/clear speed, but your survivability substantially. And not needing to re-raise your zombies is nice too.

Annnnnd

Wrecker of Days' One-Stop-Shop: Stress-Free Builds (& Filters): 1-Button, HC SSF, Item Freedom: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3467875
Hi, thank You very much for the build.
Will try it definitely in new incursion league.
Always wanted to try summoner in SSF, but most builds are very gear depended.
Happy to see something with "RARE ONLY"
Will report how it will work for me.

Thanks for sharing this build and for the effort to explain so well,this will be my start league build :)

Really good work,i hope will keep updated when needed

"
skleroza wrote:
Hi, thank You very much for the build.
Will try it definitely in new incursion league.
Always wanted to try summoner in SSF, but most builds are very gear depended.
Happy to see something with "RARE ONLY"
Will report how it will work for me.
"
Bibbio wrote:
Thanks for sharing this build and for the effort to explain so well,this will be my start league build :)

Really good work,i hope will keep updated when needed
Thank you for your kind words. I look forward to your feedback. Ask any questions you like. I check for messages a couple times a day (hopefully lots today ;)).

Annnnnd

Really enjoyed your Slow Mo SRS build in the Bestiary league, but had issues getting the required uniques in SSF, and hence didn't get to experience the build at its full potential. Although it was still very effective for me even with half of the suggested uniques.

Definitely gonna try this build as I enjoy the play style, and the fact that no uniques are required is a big plus!

One question though. I suppose that any uniques that we do find to match the build can still be used with this build, or would you simply suggest to stick to rares?
Last edited by Stefacle on Jun 1, 2018, 3:05:03 PM
"
Stefacle wrote:
Really enjoyed your Slow Mo SRS build in the Bestiary league, but had issues getting the required uniques in SSF, and hence didn't get to experience the build at its full potential. Although it was still very effective for me even with half of the suggested uniques.

Definitely gonna try this build as I enjoy the play style, and the fact that no uniques are required is a big plus!

One question though. I suppose that any uniques that we do find to match the build can still be used with this build, or would you simply suggest to stick to rares?
I'm glad you liked the 3.2 version! This build is a little different but is much more efficient than the previous one. Thanks for trying this one out! There's nothing wrong with uniques in this build. It's just nice to not need to plan around any. Add anything you like to any part of the build. Let me know if you have any questions.

Annnnnd

My SSF leveling:
First skill gem for quest reward i took Summon Phantasm on Kill and connected:
Raise Zombie -> Summon Phantasm on Kill
it adds nice boost to clear speed.
As next quest reward i took:
Summon Raging Spirits and binded it on "space key" to easily spam with them.

On skill tree hedaed for +1 Zombie straight to: "Grave Intension:,
then "Deep Wisdom", and "Lord of Dead" for fifth zombie.

Prison reward:
Raise Zombie -> Summon Phantasm on Kill -> Minion Damage
Brutus reward:
Clarity
Mervail Caverns reward:
Flesh Offering

On skill tree went to +30 Dex and +30 Str.
Ended Act 1 so far.
"
skleroza wrote:
My SSF leveling:
First skill gem for quest reward i took Summon Phantasm on Kill and connected:
Raise Zombie -> Summon Phantasm on Kill
it adds nice boost to clear speed.
As next quest reward i took:
Summon Raging Spirits and binded it on "space key" to easily spam with them.

On skill tree hedaed for +1 Zombie straight to: "Grave Intension:,
then "Deep Wisdom", and "Lord of Dead" for fifth zombie.

Prison reward:
Raise Zombie -> Summon Phantasm on Kill -> Minion Damage
Brutus reward:
Clarity
Mervail Caverns reward:
Flesh Offering

On skill tree went to +30 Dex and +30 Str.
Ended Act 1 so far.
Sweeeeet! Sounds like it went smooth. The +30 to attributes is good early for sure.

Annnnnd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info