PvP in 3.3.0 and Beyond

While I do agree that many if not all of the skills that have been talked about in this post need to be changed in one way or another, I don't feel that people who have spent thousands of exalts and hundreds of hours into perfecting their characters should be the basis on which these changes are made.

People who have put this much effort into their characters should be a challenge to interact with in pvp. They should by no means have an unfair advantage, but also shouldn't be punished for putting the time and effort they did into perfecting their characters just to have the skill they used made unusable or uncompetitive.

A pvp environment where it is equal parts skill/game sense as well as gear seems like a good setting for the type of game Path of Exile is. A situation where skills get nerfed into an unplayable state because they are changed based on the top players using them, will just make those players gravitate to the next best thing and start abusing that. The time that will go into balance changes like that will likely never end.

I can't begin to speak on behalf of every type of character that can be played, and its very clear that melee is for the most part at a pretty large disadvantage. I wont be picking on specific skills or items as I would likely be here for a very long time, and I feel others have already done that better than I would. But in terms of the way I myself play and I'm sure many other people can agree with me on this point: I see no reason that different ranged projectile skills should have different travel distances. This just promotes using the one that travels the furthest to have the best advantage over who you're fighting, as well as promoting a play style of inching towards your enemy hoping you'll hit them first instead of using your brain to plan positioning and strategy.

I'm not going keep rambling on about this as I could do it for hours and I'll never defend broken mechanics, but I just wanted to make my point of: don't punish players for spending massive amounts of time into making a strong character. Not everyone should be immediately competitive upon joining a pvp setting, it should take learning and a very good understanding of the game as well as time to gear your character to a similar level as your opponent in order to be competitive against them.
Last edited by Yashakins on Jun 3, 2018, 5:18:14 AM
"
Yashakins wrote:

I see no reason that different ranged projectile skills should have different travel distances. This just promotes using the one that travels the furthest to have the best advantage over who you're fighting, as well as promoting a play style of inching towards your enemy hoping you'll hit them first instead of using your brain to plan positioning and strategy.

Totally agree, however it s not only travel distance it is also AOE. Fireball don t travel that far but the aoe part of the explosion make it so (like ice shot/KB).

Projectile travel distance normalization in pvp should also be coupled with AOE nerf.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Ideally the aoe of a skill would be factored into how far it is able to travel. (OR) Just have a strict damage cut off of where was the skill used, don't do damage outside of x units.
Last edited by Yashakins on Jun 3, 2018, 4:59:25 AM
i just saw the new corrupts on kaom's heart 50% reduced critical ! nice makes ea/vd stronger now! against attacks
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
Waaa waaa waaa

Pt already fixed PvP with his ethical strategy.

Now all GGG has to do is pay him a few hunnits & implement this style into the game then players can chose which mode they want.

Ethical fair PvP or Broken PvP being one shot by Relithh even with all the block dodge 1000mana cost Zerph VD Poets memes.

Have tested this.

Bye.

PS The PvP community is aids they never let you get your daily mission :(
Last edited by PicsTimesThree on Jun 8, 2018, 6:39:14 AM
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 9, 2018, 5:27:23 PM
"
Aodui wrote:
Ball Lightning Traps Something strange is going on with this skill and its interaction with block and dodge, it is almost as if you either block all of the projectiles or none of them, also the damage scales too high especially with more projectiles (like molten strike it effectively grants massive amounts of more damage).

It needs a strong trap support gem reduction.

It might just be bugged and need debugging.

LOL
"
Aodui wrote:
Ball Lightning Traps Something strange is going on with this skill and its interaction with block and dodge, it is almost as if you either block all of the projectiles or none of them, also the damage scales too high especially with more projectiles (like molten strike it effectively grants massive amounts of more damage).

It needs a strong trap support gem reduction.

It might just be bugged and need debugging.

I believe the same thing happens with lightning trap. Something like if one projectile isn't blocked/dodged, all aren't. So it can effectively shotgun pretty reliably
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
ProjectPT wrote:
All Chaos Skills are a problem.
[...]
Chaos Inoculation is problematic as a chaos build can Auto Lose a match regardless of talent. If it is possible to give Chaos Inoculation the "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield" mode[...]
Chaos Inoculation is permanent 100% immune to chaos damage, so I don't get what you wrote here, Solaris Lorica armour also got this mod and is very cheap.
"
ProjectPT wrote:
Profane Boon (ranger Pathfinder)
Profane bloom is Occultist node about cursing mobs with hexproof mod. Curses in PvP have worse effectiveness, also you may roll Warding mod on flasks.
You may mention Nature's Boon Pathfinder's node. It is just defensive class. Gains flask charges, Jugg gains endurance charges and so on. Perfect world does not exist.
"
ProjectPT wrote:
Pathfinder (scion ascendant)
Ryslatha (minor pantheon)
These things are 28 level irrelevant.
Last edited by LordBlick on Jun 10, 2018, 3:02:26 AM
. double

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 10, 2018, 4:46:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account: