PvP in 3.3.0 and Beyond

if they nerf zerphi, it's a must to reduce all damage outputs in the game for sure.

offscreen range(150 units) is obviously too much, i think that should be reduced for both pve and pvp.

obviously as long as it's not a glass cannon build(and such build should require heavy investments too), no build should offscreen one shot. i think we are clear on that. 2 shot kills are fine cause most of people outside of lapiz or fyndel has no idea about how to combine different defensive layers togetherfor the best outcome. THere are ways that majority of people haven't exploited properly yet to deal with KB or LA. People should learn and obviously they'll be able to tank more than 2 hits even with 6k life. Also even for that case, a tank build or slightly tanky build should be able to tank more than 2 or even more hits.

the most important aspect of pvp is to allow diverse type of builds to have answers for every other builds instead of bashing everything with 50%+ less damage modifiers. That just leads the game to become a different type of autism fest. We've been through that, you know, i know, we all veterans know that.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 1, 2018, 3:28:52 PM
"
relithh wrote:
most of the people that comes to pvp are using very expensive pve setups, they are obviously going to lose. Also, do you know how much investment it takes to make for example a wander or fireballer to actually d?o that kind of damage?.

Skills naturally feels overpowered when you come into PvP with 200ex worth of gear vs someone who's fully invested in pvp, passive/nodes/gems ,and have over 3000 exalteds worth of gear.

I hope people keep an open mind, for eg, A spectral throw PvE turned PvP isn't going to work vs someone that has more range and faster projectile than you . and naturally you'd feel everything is wayy to strong and therfor everything needed to be brought down so your spectral throw can shine.

In my personal opinion, Only a few things requires a nerf or rework.

magma orb - everyone knows this, but im surprised it isnt listed on the watchlist.

melees, they need more defense somehow

Zerphis, this is the main cause of 90% of the problem. While i was climbing the ladder on beastiary 99% of my games were a form of volatile dead, mostly zerphis. so yes , this seems pretty obvious

You know how melee get more defenses somehow? Don't let ranged have its cake and eat it too, you're already ranged....do you need 1 shot power? Do you need automated 1 shot defenses? Do you need to reach several screens away requiring 0 aim? You have no shortage of life, glass canon is not a term to be tossed around lightly in this game. You have no shortage of survive-ability. It takes melee several hits to net the same damage most every ranged build gets in just 1 attack that overlaps, add Winter enchant etc...and it's completely laughable.

Btw, Rup...just stop posting forever man.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
NickK_GGG wrote:
"
ProjectPT wrote:
Thank you.

What would be the best way for us to format feedback about skills we find problematic?

Just list the skills and give a short description of what it is that you feel makes the skill unfair. Short and to the point is the best way.

Virtually all skills lack spiders (spark isn't even good no more) pls address.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
just tested the new magma orb .... its more broken than ever.

I used to rely on a quick blink to try to score a kill now with its increased speed, its crazy. i love it tho
IGN : Relithh , Stronkberry
"
relithh wrote:

I used to rely on a quick blink to try to score a kill now with its increased speed, its crazy. i love it tho

test 160% damage effectiveness fireball too. with 15 BCR dual wands, skill gem + 5 more damage supports. probably you can get 600k Y damage at pob easily.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
relithh wrote:

test 160% damage effectiveness fireball too. with 15 BCR dual wands, skill gem + 5 more damage supports. probably you can get 600k Y damage at pob easily.

I was wondering, fireball/magma was one of the more popular builds in pvp, and they buffed it
Do projectiles still turn invisible at large distances? If so, that's problematic.

In sarn arena or pvp modes like CTF where players are spamming ranged skills down corridors, it is extremely problematic to have invisible death walls. GGG can't test this solo (it takes 2). You need to have 1 player spamming a projectile while the other player runs towards them. The traveling player + traveling projectile will come into contact without the projectile being rendered on the traveling players screen.

We've seen this problem with most projectile tagged skills, and it's exacerbated by AoE elements, since the AoE adds additional range. Examples:
Lightning Arrow
Explosive Arrow
Ice Shot
Kinetic Blast
Fireball
Magma Orb
Arctic Breath

It also happens with long lasting stationary things that are created far away from a player, when that player moves into them while the duration is still active. One example is the Orb of Sparks ability of Summon Lightning Golem.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on Jun 2, 2018, 3:20:48 AM
"
relithh wrote:

@"NickK_GGG" if you want to see what s wrong with pvp you can just go look at Reltih profile. EA, zerphi, ice shot, Kb, fireball , soon magma... Great condense to study.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jun 2, 2018, 8:39:27 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
"
relithh wrote:

@"NickK_GGG" if you want to see what s wrong with pvp you can just go look at Reltih profile. EA, zerphi, ice shot, Kb, fireball , soon magma... Great condense to study.

it's only missing a SR tank.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
ProjectPT wrote:
All Chaos Skills are a problem.

If it is possible to give Chaos Inoculation the "chaos damage does not bypass energy shield" mod and have 80% or w.e. chaos res in PvP would be great (but I have no idea how realistic of a solution this is)

whattttttttt ??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info