Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit

Will Quill Rain's "40% less Weapon Damage" affect new EH damage?
"War's over, soldier. You just don't know it yet. Everybody lost."
"
Nishrek wrote:

Probably

If we take Elemental Hit's description at face value, it's damage is added on top of your weapon damage, and Quill Rain's 40% reduction stipulates ( in the wiki ) that it affects a skills attack damage ( which elemental hit is suppose to be ).

Now, if we go by the current funky system that Elemental Hit is presumed to be doing ...then it doesn't care what your weapon is or does ...it just does it's own damage. So ...maybe it wont?

I'd prob still caution on the side of ...it's going to reduce the gem's effectiveness by 40%.
Universe is getting destroyed, Ele hit finally viable!?
Can't wait to try it...
“Three great forces rule the world: stupidity, fear and greed.”
― Albert Einstein
"
JoeShmo wrote:
Now, if we go by the current funky system that Elemental Hit is presumed to be doing ...then it doesn't care what your weapon is or does ...it just does it's own damage.

I might be wrong here, but where does it say that it does only its own damage? When I use Oros Sacrifice and the two jewels that let Ele Hit only choose fire damage, it should do the Oro + Ele Hit base fire damage, right?
Looks Great!
"
raggapaul wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:
Now, if we go by the current funky system that Elemental Hit is presumed to be doing ...then it doesn't care what your weapon is or does ...it just does it's own damage.

I might be wrong here, but where does it say that it does only its own damage? When I use Oros Sacrifice and the two jewels that let Ele Hit only choose fire damage, it should do the Oro + Ele Hit base fire damage, right?

Oh I was just being a little flippant because of how it's changed compared to its original version, in that basically ( According to non-dev game mechanic wizards on the forums ) you can't have any physical / chaos damage, and you have to be very careful about which elemental damage you have going. It's why I was trying to find some better wording / explanation from GGG on how exactly the skill is going to work, and what affects it ( like gems ).

In your case, you should be fine, since you understand oro already requires no-physical-damage builds.
Looks good on paper.
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Nishrek wrote:

Probably

If we take Elemental Hit's description at face value, it's damage is added on top of your weapon damage, and Quill Rain's 40% reduction stipulates ( in the wiki ) that it affects a skills attack damage ( which elemental hit is suppose to be ).

Now, if we go by the current funky system that Elemental Hit is presumed to be doing ...then it doesn't care what your weapon is or does ...it just does it's own damage. So ...maybe it wont?

I'd prob still cautjion on the side of ...it's going to reduce the gem's effectiveness by 40%.
Reduce weapon damage its local for the weapon. I'm suprised nobody mention Quil rain as most easyest six link unuqie after Tabula.
Last edited by Sevar13 on May 25, 2018, 12:39:50 PM
Huh. Those threshold gems look tricky to use, there can't be more than 1 or 2 options on the entire tree to slot each one of them in.

I'm also a little annoyed that it's random. There's no reason not to just go in order so you can try to set up a dual wield setup that alternates properly.
Last edited by C0Y0T3_SLY on May 25, 2018, 1:00:29 PM
"
Sevar13 wrote:
Reduce weapon damage its local for the weapon. I'm suprised nobody mention Quil rain as most easyest six link unuqie after Tabula.

exactly.
i mentioned this in a youtube comment, before knowing what the elemental hit gem looked like, now im positive that quill rain will be the best for this gem because the reduced weapon damage will not affect the damage of the gem.

if you read the gem, it is clear that you will not be doing weapon damage at all, just the damage of the gem with a high damage effectiveness. this means it basically doesn't matter what your weapon is, and best way to scale it is added damage and gem levels - much like explosive arrow.

so yes quill rain or +3 bows/wands etc will be the best thing to use this with by a mile. what would also be great is brightbeak.

an interesting thing, as opposed to explosive arrow, is the ele hit gem doesn't have a listed base crit. this means you'll get all its base damage based on your weapons base crit, which will make wands look absolutely incredible for this as well. but then again, with a base of 49% chance to free/shock/ignite crit won't exactly be necessary.

edit: hmm. reading some more, it doesn't say "adds" but it makes it clear it won't be doing any other damage. so MAYBE it will still count as weapon damage, but all other weapon damage is nullified. in which case quill rain would be the worst, because it'll still only do its base damage but then 40% less of it just because of quill rain. yeah...hard to say i guess

editedit: ya just depends if when using elemental hit, if it considers it "weapon damage" to know if quill rain will reduce it or not. very curious.
Last edited by xMustard on May 25, 2018, 1:35:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info