[3.3] Rainbow IncurScion BF/Reave - Scion/Raider - Ultra Cheap - League Starter

INTRODUCTION

The main idea is to create a build around cheap and easily obtainable uniques to get a respectable dps and start with the new incoming league stong!

OVERVIEW

Why should i play this build instead of the dozens Bf/Reave already posted on the forum?

Pros:

+ Ultra Cheap: not expensive uniques, no exalted needed for the weapon and the statstick. We are using a sword and a sceptre that worth....1c.....both! Also boots, gloves and helmet BiS option are inexpensive uniques!!
+ Good as league starter
+ Extremely fast clearspeed when you get frenzy charges and onslaught
+ Many Defensive Layers: Over 6K HP, Acrobatics, phase Acro and Leech
+ Scales exceptionally well for endgame with high-end rings/amulet and jewels

Cons:

- Not 10MIL++ or 100MIL++++ dips
- Cannot do Elemental Reflect Maps
- Not UberElder viable (i think, not tried)
- We have to switch a gem for clear/single target (until you get an elder helmet)

My GEAR: fast overview

Spoiler

As you can see all of these are dirt cheap, no enchants, ssf amulet and rings, 1c uniques, not crazy abyssal eyes, abyss gloves and boots with only one socket

VIDEOS

Spoiler

T13 Lair worst case scenario: elemental equilibrium + 40% monster ele res + hexproof (so no power charges, no assassin's mark, less crit), -9% max res and beyond.
Raider with double setup BF/reave, items showcase at the end of the video.
https://youtu.be/-r38Amg7wDY

T12 Shaped Dunes https://youtu.be/JRJpmdWUwE4
T10 shaped Mesa with Raider https://youtu.be/mu4QZDImECE
T10 abyssal lich done with Reave, no BF https://youtu.be/mu4QZDImECE?t=2m49s

POB/DPS SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler

GEAR EXPLANATION

Spoiler
Weapon

The Tempestuous Steel is the core of the build: try to get perfect 1.37aps.
"Hits can't be Evaded" and "Attacks with this Weapon Penetrate 30% Elemental Resistances" make this weapon very powerful.
The dps is almost 0, for us however that is not an issue. We scale our damage through many abyssal jewels, flat elemental damage, frenzy charges, crit multi and attack speed.

JEWELS VERY IMPORTANT!

Core of our dps, we scale flat ele wherever we can! We have a total of 9 jewel sockets in the build.
Since we penetrate any resistance, any element is fine.
Flat life is really good to have, as usual.
Other good mods are: increased Global Critical Strike Chance, increased Attack Speed, global crit multi, chance to Blind Enemies on Hit with Attacks, increased Attack Speed if you've dealt a Critical Strike Recently.

You can try to craft these jewels by yourself using Alt + Regal because they are very easy to craft. Get a Murderous Eye Jewel alt + augment until you get an ele dmg mod + life or 2 dmg mods, then regal hopefully another usefull mod.
Visit http://poeaffix.net/jw-murderous.html#/ for more informations about ilvl and tiers.

Off-Hand

you have 2 options:
- Singularity is solid and cheap! Since all nearby Enemies are Hindered we gain 80% increased Damage with Hits + 30% increased Elemental Damage from implicit. For 1alc is 110 increased total, not that bad.
- Doryani's Catalyst can be expensive early in the league, not after few days. Perfect 132 increased Elemental Damage, plus a nice increased Global Critical Strike Chance and fast attack speed for fast leap slamming around.

Gloves and Boots

The abyss gloves and boots with abyss jewel sockets are BiS. You can get both for 1c.
Being able to socket a Murderous Eye Jewel in the gloves for the Intimidate buff will give us a more multiplier!
Darkray Vectors is another great choice. They give an additional frenzy charge as well as movement speed and dodge based on frenzy charges.

Helm

Any rare with life/resist, nothing special will be good early on the league.
Personally I'd recommend to get Starkonja's because it gives us the evasion that we scale as well as life, crit and attack speed. It combines great survivability with really good damage.
An Elder helmet with "Socketed Gems are supported by Level 16/18/20 Concentrated Effect" and "Socketed Attacks have +1to3% to Critical Strike Chance" would be our best inslot for a 6link bladeflurry, especially if raider so we will not use damage on full life.

Chest

A tabula rasa can be farmed in blood aqueduct, pretty standard option for any league starter.
Belly of the best would be our BiS defensive option because of the insane life we get, since we scaling the flat life from jewels.
If you can't afford it use a rare life armour with life and res, but is here were u must invest all your little budget.
Loreweave is a cheap and offensive option, this item can be acquired vendoring 60x Unique Rings (The rings can be corrupted and the recipe will still work). This seems incredible for us with WED, Life, increased crit, a bonus to all Attributes and Resistances over the cap. The main problem would be finding a loreweave with good rolls, and the lost of HP (around 600hp with my gear).

Amulet

as much int (155 total needed for wrath) and str (155 total for ancestral protector).
as prefix: life/wed/flat ele dmg (can be crafted)
as suffix: crit chance/crit multi/resist or stats

Rings

Life, res, Int/str left, wed and flat ele dmg (can be crafted)

Belt

A Stygain Belt with Weapon Elemental damage would be our best inslot, try to get as much life, resistance or str if u need.
Darkness Enthroned is another option, very cheap but dependent on the rest of the gear/resistance.

Flasks

Flexible, use what you want. Must have:
1 divine life flask instant or semi instant.
1 anti-bleed, anti-curse, and anti-freeze.
1 Atziri's promise. Op flask, with 1c you can get a defensive and same time offensive flask. Get one with 15% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos.
1 Diamond for the lucky crit chance.

Ascendancy Options:

Tanky version: Scion Slayer/Raider
POB https://pastebin.com/AUnDu3qk

Pros:
+ Increased AOE and culling strike.
+ Endless leech is a QoL using Melee Dmg on Full life with Bf.

Cons:
- less speed and dps

DiPS version: Pure Raider
POB https://pastebin.com/3jdBJ3xq

Pros:
+ more speed and dps: 1 more frenzy, increased onslaught and frenzy effect

Cons:
- no Endless leech from slayer
- Using Melee Dmg on Full life with Bf can't be so easy

Avatar of Slaughter/Chase (Frenzy/Onslaught)
Frenzy path is default.
Onslaught path is very strong because we are using a very slow weapon.

Bandits

Alira: not only for the Crit Multi, but also for +15% All Res and Mana Regen, all good stuffs.

Pantheon: Very important!

For Major God: Soul of Arakaali. When Immortal call procs, it stops your bloodrage, enabling the amazing 50% recovery of life! Capture Arachnoxia in Toxic Sewer Map asap!

For Minor God: Soul of Tukohama

LINKS AND GEMS

Spoiler

Map Clear Setup All in order of importance

Reave + Multistrike + Elemental Damage with Attack Skills + Increased Critical strikes + Ice Bite +Added Lighting Damage

Ice Bite over Added Lighting Damage on a 5L for more satisfying ice shatters and HoI explosions and frenzy charges sustain.

Single target DPS Setup

If you are using and elder helmet with conc effect and inc crit: Blade Flurry + Elemental Focus + Elemental Damage with Attack Skills + Added Lighting Damage or Damage on Full Life if scion.

If you are not using a separate BF setup swap Reave and Multistrike with Blade Flurry + Damage on Full Life

CWDT Setup

CWDT (lvl1) -> Blood Rage (lvl7/20quality is very important) -> Immortal all (lvl3)

Very important Trigger order: Trigger gems and their linked skills are cast in a certain order that depends both on which item it is equipped on and which socket the skills are in.

Arakaali's first secondary effect has strong synergy with Blood rage and CWDT-Immortal Call. "50% increased Recovery of Life and Energy Shield if you've stopped taking Damage Over Time Recently". Blood rage's degen is physical, IC makes you immune to physical and triggers the 50% increased recovery, which then applies to leech, making you leech much faster.
So it's important that IC will trigger after BloodRage.

As raider you can't use this trick, because with blood rage on we are never on full life, swap blood rage with warlord's mark lvl5.

Mobility Setup
Very standard. You can use Leap Slam or Whirling Blades if you prefer.
Leap Slam/Whirling Blade + Faster attack + Fortify

Aura Setup

Wrath (not linked) is the best offensive aura, but has a relatively high int requirement of 155 at lvl 20 and 159 for a corrupted lvl21.

Herald of Ice (quality is very important) + Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark optional Innervate.
This is our power charge generator. Assassin's mark also gives you more clearspeed since it increases your effective chance to crit substantially. You can keep HoI in a 3-link if you want, or you can use a 4-link with innervate that give us a nice flat lightning buff!

Utility

Lightning Golem for attack speed. You can lvl max and self cast.
Vaal reave lvl20 for More Area of Effect. The maximum number of stacks that can be applied by Vaal Reave is 8, for a total of 240% more radius which ends up at about 41 units. Because Reave can only apply up to 4 stacks.
Ancestral protector This totem gives us 20% more attack speed, a pretty huge damage boost form just a 1L. It also acts as a decoy distracting boss.
Vaal Haste / Vaal Grace / Increased Duration optional setup if you have free sockets.

LEVELING

Spoiler

Learn from RaizQT how to level any Elemental Attack build to Blood Aqueducts in 3 hours! Full guide with gem and item progression

https://youtu.be/JIz3D4FmlcY

THE END

Last edited by JohnTrueX on May 31, 2018, 11:44:54 AM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2018, 10:00:30 AM
Hey mate :)
Cool build Guide with nice formatting! And I see youre a fan of Raiz's Sunder Guide as well :P He really thought of everything.

I personally don't see myself using this over my own Reave/BF scion build, but it is an option nonetheless.

Just some quick Suggestions/questions:
Dont forget making your PoB links clickable! (Will Check those when Im Home)
Is there really a need for a Life flask as scion Slayer? Personally I never needed one once I got Vaal Pact.
Also, I don't know how it works out with your build, but could adding flat Phys from Rings/amulets be pretty beneficial? Since Tempestuous Steel gives you 30% of that as extra ele. Maybe something to Check Out in PoB.
Maybe add some links to Trade results for your Jewels so people have an easier time searching, they apparently liked that from my Guide.
A Video of a map clear would be cool, maybe something T10+

All in all its always nice to see more people embrace the Reave/BF Life.
And sick Banner btw :D
Last edited by Guffinn on May 22, 2018, 7:36:23 AM
ahahah nice job my friend
"
Hey mate :)
Cool build Guide with nice formatting! And I see youre a fan of Raiz's Sunder Guide as well :P He really thought of everything.

I personally don't see myself using this over my own Reave/BF scion build, but it is an option nonetheless.

Just some quick Suggestions/questions:
Dont forget making your PoB links clickable! (Will Check those when Im Home)
Is there really a need for a Life flask as scion Slayer? Personally I never needed one once I got Vaal Pact.
Also, I don't know how it works out with your build, but could adding flat Phys from Rings/amulets be pretty beneficial? Since Tempestuous Steel gives you 30% of that as extra ele. Maybe something to Check Out in PoB.
Maybe add some links to Trade results for your Jewels so people have an easier time searching, they apparently liked that from my Guide.
A Video of a map clear would be cool, maybe something T10+

All in all its always nice to see more people embrace the Reave/BF Life.
And sick Banner btw :D

Hi mate,
thanks for the input, I am still working on the guide and I'm looking for a way to add a video, because my pc can't handle the game and the recording. I have tested this build running t13 and t14 without particular problems. I was amazed because the items used aren't crazy, this pushed me to post the build on the forum.

about jewels I think it's really easy to craft them, so I've included some little guidelines hoping to encourage craft. This can also be an easy source of income currency for those wishing to start the new league by following this build, for example selling those jewels with bonus for the claw.

I'm glad to hear that you like my banned XD
Last edited by JohnTrueX on May 23, 2018, 8:07:07 AM
update: Added a Video
- 3.3 confirmed and ready for Incursion
- added more videos

bye
hello there,

this being a league starter build, do you think it will be viable for SSF? are the uniques absolutely mandatory?

Many thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info