Incursion Upgradable Uniques

I'm intersted by the answer of this too :

"
Will the boots drain my ES too if I have EB?

"
VanGhul wrote:
"
VFoS wrote:
"
Abdiel_Kavash wrote:
You are considered "not on low mana" at all times when you have Blood Magic, right?

"Blood magic" removes all of your mana, so you are always on "low mana". Unlike "chaos inoculation" which gives you one hit point so your always on "full life" until you die.

Wrong.

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Low_Mana

Would have been better to just simply check before you act like you know stuff.

"
SonicPLD2 wrote:
To be honest - I don't like much the "indian" look of the items.
They are not fitting much into the current PoE universe which is much ahead of the indian mumbo-jumbo look and feel.

The rest is fine.

Although I believe the core game left much behind, and much nerfed, and really some actions should be taken on it.

So many failures...

Ever had history in school? That's an aztec style.

"current PoE universe" ... GGG said the league is about time travel and an ancient culture, not current PoE. Those are relics. How plain stupid can one be?
Fits perfectly to how the Vaal culture is represented. Go do a Vaal City map and look around.

What rest? Niche Uniques which won't be used anyway?

Oh boy, do I have news for you! Very long time ago there was a man known as Christopher Columbus. On one fateful day in 1492 this man accidentally and unknowingly discovered Americas. Christopher thought he is in India and so he started calling the natives Indians. And that is how the native people of the New World became known as Indians. Something you'd most likely know if you attended any school ever.
"
Dragfalp wrote:

"

Boots will not drain ES, because ES ≠ Mana in any way. From wiki EB:
"Energy shield protects mana instead of life. All modifiers to energy shield apply normally but it is not affected by modifiers to mana or mana regeneration"
"
Wild_eye wrote:
"
Dragfalp wrote:

"

Boots will not drain ES, because ES ≠ Mana in any way. From wiki EB:
"Energy shield protects mana instead of life. All modifiers to energy shield apply normally but it is not affected by modifiers to mana or mana regeneration"

Well mana reduction isn't a mana modifiers for me. The wiki say :
"Energy shield protects mana instead of life. All modifiers to energy shield apply normally but it is not affected by modifiers to mana or mana regeneration. Energy shield recharge and recovery through Zealot's Oath or Ghost Reaver function normally. Any reductions to mana (e.g. skill costs) will instead reduce energy shield by the same amount, and any reduction to energy shield will interrupt its recharging and reset its recharge delay."

I want to be sure. For me, with EB it will be removed from the energy shield since it's a reduction to mana and not a mana modifier. But i never tryed things like that and i don't want to make a build around this mechanic if it didn't work ^^.
"
Dragfalp wrote:
Well mana reduction isn't a mana modifiers for me. The wiki say :
"Energy shield protects mana instead of life. All modifiers to energy shield apply normally but it is not affected by modifiers to mana or mana regeneration. Energy shield recharge and recovery through Zealot's Oath or Ghost Reaver function normally. Any reductions to mana (e.g. skill costs) will instead reduce energy shield by the same amount, and any reduction to energy shield will interrupt its recharging and reset its recharge delay."

I want to be sure. For me, with EB it will be removed from the energy shield since it's a reduction to mana and not a mana modifier. But i never tryed things like that and i don't want to make a build around this mechanic if it didn't work ^^.

First: the Boots have modifiers, they are for Mana only.
Second: EB modifers work with skill cost and reductions come from skills only and from protection part if you have Mind Over Matter
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:

Oh boy, do I have news for you! Very long time ago there was a man known as Christopher Columbus. On one fateful day in 1492 this man accidentally and unknowingly discovered Americas. Christopher thought he is in India and so he started calling the natives Indians. And that is how the native people of the New World became known as Indians. Something you'd most likely know if you attended any school ever.

Oh really?

Mr. Christopher never discovered 'Aztlan' (as we now call it). The 'indians' he encountered and named as such were Carribean islanders, a far cry and a long, LONG way from what is now greater Mexico.

So, you're wrong on both counts. The new art is, at most and pretty nebulously considered 'native american' (which covers all natives of the north and south american continents prior to the arrival of Europeans - to include the Norse who settled along the northeast for centuries or even millennia before Mr. Chris stumbled across a few scattered Atlantic islets).
Patch Notes 3.15:
Fixed a bug where players believed the game was playable. This has been corrected and made retroactive.
Patch Notes 3.19:
Fixed a bug where players adapted to 3.15. This bug cannot be corrected, so we have implemented a 90% reduction in item access as a punishment.
"
"
ffoD wrote:
So many depressed brats in the comment section who are too bad at the game to see any value in theese items. Take a look at the guys above and below me :D
I personally love the amulet and the helm. The amulet is also a chase item which will be hard to obtain. I understand why people don't like the boots though.

Depressed? Realistic IMO. In fact, those items are vendor crap, like hudreads before them. Remember Ahn's Contempt or Memory Vault? Big hype after anouncing, vendor garbage after relasing. What about Ralakesh's Impatience? Fanboys howled with delight, you can check forum if you want. When it comes to next league, so far GGG did not announced single item which would not be a trash. Now you can deny it, but once the league starts, it will be the same as always. Tabula rasa - Belly of the beast/Kaom/Queen - starkonya/rats nest/some rare with life and res./ - kaoms/rare boots with life/res/25-30 speed, stygian belt suitable to build. Rest according to individual preferences and requirements of build. As usual. Later maybe HH and some high end boots and gloves. Thats it.

wrong the items you make as example are just as good as the hype stated. the difference is that its for certain builds, and the drop amount are extremly high, compared to the demand. So any unique would be worth little if the supply is lower then the demand.
as a example i recall devotos devotion being super rare in beta. its a good item but not insain. it was sitting on 20 ex price simply for the funny wings and being rare.
Hello!

After fiddling with Path of Building, I can safely say that the amulet is not as good as people might think simply due to how lacking it is in other ways. Sure you can have chaos damage shock, but there's a bow for that and chaos melee builds/chaos conversion builds don't really "exist" at the moment. Many other items do what the amulet does better except maybe the Soul Eater aspect. I'm most likely forgetting something that would love this amulet though probably.

The helmet though is actual, real genuine garbage unlike the world has ever seen. If you're low ES you're exchanging a helmet slot for stats you don't need, the REMOVAL of health and a morsel of life regen. If you're high ES then you instead just have no ES and lots of Life Regen for the small life-pool you have, and you're probably cutting your Effective Life Total in two. Your WHOLE tree has to be adapted to the helmet and the only benefits are "life regen, some life", so it's bad. Any other helmet most likely than not will always be better. If you're hybrid you have to go extreme hybrid, and that means less damage usually. -EDIT: I've just realized it's a hybrid MoM RF helmet. That is all.

The boots on the other hand are pretty good, but only for 2-3 ascendancy classes. Hierophant with it's Mana/ES synergies can make the best use of boots like these. Ofc a minimum 5000 Mana and ~10% total maximum mana regeneration rate would be best to use the full potential of these boots. A build with mana like that gets onslaught and 20% atk/spell dodge for free... Pretty good if your build already does things along those lines though. Tricksters and Scions and MoM builds might like these boots too.

Those are my thoughts on the items. What I'm hyped for the the self-vulnerability curse belt, I have so many cool ideas for it. This league looks amazing too! Keep up the good work GGG!
Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on May 23, 2018, 3:02:15 AM
"
BlaqWolf wrote:
"
Darth_Silegy wrote:

Oh really?

Mr. Christopher never discovered 'Aztlan' (as we now call it). The 'indians' he encountered and named as such were Carribean islanders, a far cry and a long, LONG way from what is now greater Mexico.

So, you're wrong on both counts. The new art is, at most and pretty nebulously considered 'native american' (which covers all natives of the north and south american continents prior to the arrival of Europeans - to include the Norse who settled along the northeast for centuries or even millennia before Mr. Chris stumbled across a few scattered Atlantic islets).

Except the term Indian is used for any and all non-arctic american natives. I guess just opening up google and fact checking is also too difficult for you?
"
WizBlizz1994 wrote:
Hello!

After fiddling with Path of Building, I can safely say that the amulet is not as good as people might think simply due to how lacking it is in other ways. Sure you can have chaos damage shock, but there's a bow for that and chaos melee builds/chaos conversion builds don't really "exist" at the moment. Many other items do what the amulet does better except maybe the Soul Eater aspect. I'm most likely forgetting something that would love this amulet though probably.

The helmet though is actual, real genuine garbage unlike the world has ever seen. If you're low ES you're exchanging a helmet slot for stats you don't need, the REMOVAL of health and a morsel of life regen. If you're high ES then you instead just have no ES and lots of Life Regen for the small life-pool you have, and you're probably cutting your Effective Life Total in two. Your WHOLE tree has to be adapted to the helmet and the only benefits are "life regen, some life", so it's bad. Any other helmet most likely than not will always be better. If you're hybrid you have to go extreme hybrid, and that means less damage usually. -EDIT: I've just realized it's a hybrid MoM RF helmet. That is all.

The boots on the other hand are pretty good, but only for 2-3 ascendancy classes. Hierophant with it's Mana/ES synergies can make the best use of boots like these. Ofc a minimum 5000 Mana and ~10% total maximum mana regeneration rate would be best to use the full potential of these boots. A build with mana like that gets onslaught and 20% atk/spell dodge for free... Pretty good if your build already does things along those lines though. Tricksters and Scions and MoM builds might like these boots too.

Those are my thoughts on the items. What I'm hyped for the the self-vulnerability curse belt, I have so many cool ideas for it. This league looks amazing too! Keep up the good work GGG!

How about you kill 300 mobs within the soul eater duration. Try to add 1500% attack speed and 1500% cast speed in your pob setup and then come back. You will chase this amulet for soul eater, Not for the chaos theme of the amulet. :)
Last edited by ffoD on May 23, 2018, 8:52:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info