Look on the bright side.

Now GGG can release another bestiary league properly finished instead of two weeks early without fear of having to kneel before the community backlash.

Maybe this was needed to remove themselves from the clutches of the community's winges and mood swings and allows them to get back to making the game they want to play?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 7:44:04 PM
Uhmmm I don't know. Don't wanna drink their tainted kool aid now.
Certainly a possibility... they might have seen it merely as trading one evil (us) for another (tencent).
What I wonder, is if GGG was in the process of financial ruin. No one really knows how well they're realling doing if their only source of income is through donations.

If it's the case they would not be able to continue producing content at a good pace and this was a mandatory sell out, then it'd be a different story.

Having the game in the clutches of TC is still better than having no game at all.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on May 21, 2018, 7:06:55 PM
"
Boem wrote:
Now GGG can release another bestiary league properly finished instead of two weeks early without fear of having to kneel before the community backlash.

Maybe this was needed to remove themselves from the clutches of the community's winges and mood swings and allows them to get back to making the game they want to play?

Peace,

-Boem-

Honestly, this thought did cross my mind: that Bestiary and the response to it may have been a contributing factor to selling. I believe they did intend to add Bestiary to the core game....one of the key reasons is this:

How often do you see them add a quest in the storyline that pertains to a league mechanic? I may be wrong, but I believe the answer is never (now once).

If they have lost control of their game and the game's vision so much that "vote with your wallet" can push them away from their long term strategy, then maybe it was time to find a different way to be financially secure. After Bestiary, which I enjoyed, I personally am ok with this if it allows them to stay true to their vision.

Of course, if that is the case, it creates the new worry that they now can't stay true to their vision because they are owned by an external entity. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Also, if that is true, we deserve this.
Ultimately we just have to wait and see.
"Let those with infinite free time pave the road with their corpses." - reboticon

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info