What is Tencent? Have a look

It's funny how western world take on privacy. In China, everyone knows their data is with the government, they are monitoring by the government. In western world, people think their data is private and secure in fact it isn't. Facebook is such a great example.
If I go first, I'll wait for you in the other side of the dark water.
As it's been said the worst thing you can do is give your money to China, and not because of their race but because of the way their goverments work. Thx for giving us some more insight on this multinational. I'm thinking about going back to Blizzard or smth. I rather have the CIA spying me than the chinesse.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
鬼殺し wrote:

Hey, another unwilling victim of miscegenation between East and...something else! Nice. :)

Thanks for the post. I don't think it'll make jack difference, because in the end the majority of people here only care about their gaming experience and that's entirely their right. They'll happily support/pay for a game ultimately owned way, way up the chain by the same Lovecraftian poly-tentacled Great Old One that might just, yknow, dabble in social engineering and Orwellian practices, BUT NONE OF THAT WILL EVER AFFECT ME AND MY EXALTS SO FUCKING STOP PANICKING OKAY.

It won't affect your ingame that's true BUT 80% of the money won't be going to NZ and will land in the hands of those people who dabble in social engineering and orwellian practices.

The seller matters, not just the product.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Ukanta wrote:
It's funny how western world take on privacy. In China, everyone knows their data is with the government, they are monitoring by the government. In western world, people think their data is private and secure in fact it isn't. Facebook is such a great example.

There is a middle ground between the two. I was thinking about this recently when we had a natural disaster in our area. Some friends of mine were in the path of the fire and they received text messages from emergency services telling them to be prepared. At no point did they give their private mobile numbers to emergency services -- very likely, their phone companies forwarded the relevant numbers to the emergency services. It's probably some very fine print in the contract.

In a society that values privacy and individual rights above all else, that life-saving message would have technically been frowned upon. How dare the phone company pass on my number like that!?

I'm under no illusion that we're somehow individual units totally cut off from the larger machine, but for now I'll naively believe that whatever monitoring is going on, it's largely benign and possibly even beneficial. For now.

The few times I've found myself suffering the effects of information sharing I brought them down on myself: clicking an ad link thoughtlessly, donating to a charity over the phone who then of course put my name and number on a damn fishing list for other similar causes.

...Which is all to say, we've never had real 100% privacy, but I believe we have enough personal agency to remain private citizens but at the same time 'connected' enough should the need to be connected arises.

Re: Facebook -- FBP does wonders.

“NotRelevant”
I think the way they disseminate emergency alerts is based upon cell tower broadcasts, to hit specific areas affected and those currently on the respective towers and it is agnostic to your specific phone number.

That’s not to say they don’t know your number and location, but I think the technology isn’t based upon phone numbers else it would miss roaming users or spam everyone to be safe.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 21, 2018, 10:11:40 PM
"
Ukanta wrote:

In the western world, you can practice your religion openly without fear of persecution or death. Good luck with that in China.

Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
JNF wrote:
"
Ukanta wrote:

In the western world, you can practice your religion openly without fear of persecution or death. Good luck with that in China.

Do not derail my thread with Western vs East bullshit, what are you? 11 years old?
"
"
JNF wrote:
"
Ukanta wrote:

Do not derail my thread with Western vs East bullshit, what are you? 11 years old?

Sorry that I 'derailed' your thread (in a public forum) with facts?
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
JNF wrote:

You do not understand... why don't you create a thread where you can discuss that specific topic instead? That is all I am asking for. The topic of this thread was the mischievous things Tencent has done and keeps doing.
Last edited by notindieanymore on May 25, 2018, 7:46:16 PM
"
"
JNF wrote:

You do not understand... why don't you create a thread where you can discuss that specific topic instead? That is all I am asking for. The topic of this thread was the mischievous things Tencent has done and keeps doing.

Which is a microcosm of the link that I embedded and correlates with the narrative...why are you opposed to people bringing up synonymous points? Is that the result of a tyrannical upbringing deeply rooted in your eastern heritage?...or is that my 'logic of an eleven year old' kicking in?

Or should I just make posts such as 'Yeah, Tencent is awful' instead? Maybe you should lay out the specific rules for posting within your thread, just like Tencent might have us do in the future?

Or should I instead bump and bring attention to every other thread in General that isn't yours, so as not to offend you and your special posting rules?

Or perhaps I should ignore you, continue posting whatever the hell I feel like posting, and not give a damn about anyone's special rules...yep, I think I'm going to go with that last option.
"Sesame Credit's scoring system is roughly modeled after FICO scoring in the United States and Schufa in Germany"

ya thats a qoute from wikipedia but still. if people think financial institutions havent been keeping track of citizens you are naive as *&@# . the only difference now is there is more information to be gathered easily.

this is not a chinese initiative , if anything this is all shit the west started doing the second banks/people started lending money for interest.

has anyone seen the black mirror episode on this shit? that is reality soon sadly.
IGN- Shaeyaena

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info