So all the toxic players are finally leaving this game?

"
xMustard wrote:
"
kickaxe88 wrote:
Since when his having a different opinion considered toxic? The logic of this thread is seriously retarded.

depends on how you express your different opinion.
in this case, its toxic as hell.

Who made you the judge of that tho? Gtfo xD
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
I'm personally hoping the exodus is disproportionately the speed meta crowd. If that were the case, I would be walking through the streets carrying a sign saying:

"Welcome New Overlords -- We Live to Serve You!"

Okay, maybe not that but it would certainly be a silver lining.
-- stress mine.

Me too. But you know the speed meta crowd give zero fucks about anything but their own experience, and that experience is very likely going to be improved by the sudden injection of oh-so-much-fucking-money into GGG's coffers.

All that will change for me is no more support, almost certainly no more inside information and secrets to be kept (which I did, and do), and a shift in attitude as to why I play. This is hardly the first game I've played with immoral or shady developers/publishers.

But if people think I'm going to quit a game I've paid this much for over the years or a forum that needs to be reminded of what exactly has happened, holy fuck, are they in for a disappointing fucking time.

Chris said he's in for the long haul. Well, so am I. Just no longer as a supporter, by any definition of the word.

You’re absolutely right; even while I wrote it I knew the crowd that would leave or shun GGG would be disproportionately folks from early POE before Breach arguably made POE widely popular while simultaneously limiting future development options because the game and the cause was different then.

Breach may be the only support pack I regret; I wonder if they knew the unintended consequences of it, would they would have made the same choice?

As for staying to enjoy the game without supporting and reminding those of how far we’ve drifted and why, just don’t become one of the jaded forum dwellers who pop into every thread saying Game Sucks. Life is too short to waste your time on that. My 2cc.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 21, 2018, 9:24:36 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Can you honestly see me doing that? I'm cut. :(

I have far less effective, efficient means of voicing my dissent, thank you.

I don’t think that state is out of bounds or out of the question for any one. Not me. Not you. No one. It is not a matter of intelligence or pure vindictiveness that drives that behavior in my opinion. It is in fact love, and then loss. A scenario which drives all to do things they may not normally do.

One thing I would never accuse you of is not having a love for this game, and this change is a breach of an trust that probably never fully existed between the player and developer, but a violated trust just the same.

It was not meant as an insult, but a veiled compliment of how much I believe this game means to you.
Last edited by Nubatron on May 21, 2018, 9:36:46 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Nubatron wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Can you honestly see me doing that? I'm cut. :(

I have far less effective, efficient means of voicing my dissent, thank you.

I don’t think that state is out of bounds or out of the question for any one. Not me. Not you. No one. It is not a matter of intelligence or pure vindictiveness that drives that behavior in my opinion. It is in fact love, and then loss. A scenario which drives all to do things they may not normally do.

One thing I would never accuse you of is not having a love for this game, and this change is a breach of an trust that probably never fully existed, but a violated trust just the same.

It was not meant as an insult, but a veiled compliment of how much I believe this game means to you.

Well, even were I to devolve to that state of invading every thread to say GAEM SUK, you can bet it'd be done with such pointless wordiness no one would read it anyway. ^_^

But no. I'm done giving unsolicited feedback on the game itself. I think I've done more than enough of that, most of it futile, a little having some lasting effect. If anything, I suspect the new GGG will even less receptive to feedback than the old, given the huge buff to their resources to follow through with all sorts of plans. Although I was impressed at Erik's recent call for quest feedback. Haven't seen something like that in ages. Surely he knew the responses would be less than glowing by now.

I don't know what I'll be like going forward, but I can pretty much guarantee anyone who disliked me yesterday is going to go on disliking me tomorrow, and a few who might have been on the fence will be fall one side or the other. When shakeups like this happen, alignments also tend to shift. I get extremely concerned that GGG are off-course when they do something that aligns me with people I typically clash with over a number of topics. Surely that indicates a disturbance in the force, so to speak.

And some very long-standing rivals of mine, chronic antagonists to be accurate, are in the same camp as me regarding the Tencent acquisition...

If it does come to that, I look forward to an honest full throated attempt at turning GAEM SUK or POE DED into Shakespearean prose.
"
Paldamus wrote:
"
xMustard wrote:
"
kickaxe88 wrote:
Since when his having a different opinion considered toxic? The logic of this thread is seriously retarded.

depends on how you express your different opinion.
in this case, its toxic as hell.

Who made you the judge of that tho? Gtfo xD

who made me the judge of my own judgement? me - yes. its my opinion, and obviously at least some people share it, hence this threads existence
Last edited by xMustard on May 21, 2018, 10:30:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info