I have an idea

to all the people who are literally freaking out about the recent news - go the fuck away then.

leave the forums alone because this incessant spam is nuts. great, you won't support GGG anymore blah blah. nobody cares, certainly not GGG because the decision isn't up to you, never has, never will be.

but the spam is getting insane, and now im participating. i guess i have to leave the forums and not come back for a couple weeks until either these people leave and don't come back, or they forget all about this being an issue when nothing changes over the course of some time and things settle back down to normal.

i got news for you though. even though GGG was a "small indie company" when you threw down $10 it didn't make you a partner. you have no ties to the company or any of its internal workings. you play the game, you pay money and get MTX. you're a consumer. don't want to be a consumer anymore? fine, its a free game to begin with.
the way people are freaking out is completely ridiculous and irrational. if you wanna act like GGG is your big brother and just ignored you to go out with buddies, please do it on reddit and not the forums.
Last bumped on May 21, 2018, 4:34:24 PM
"
xMustard wrote:
to all the people who are literally freaking out about the recent news - go the fuck away then.

leave the forums alone because this incessant spam is nuts. great, you won't support GGG anymore blah blah. nobody cares, certainly not GGG because the decision isn't up to you, never has, never will be.

but the spam is getting insane, and now im participating. i guess i have to leave the forums and not come back for a couple weeks until either these people leave and don't come back, or they forget all about this being an issue when nothing changes over the course of some time and things settle back down to normal.

i got news for you though. even though GGG was a "small indie company" when you threw down $10 it didn't make you a partner. you have no ties to the company or any of its internal workings. you play the game, you pay money and get MTX. you're a consumer. don't want to be a consumer anymore? fine, its a free game to begin with.
the way people are freaking out is completely ridiculous and irrational. if you wanna act like GGG is your big brother and just ignored you to go out with buddies, please do it on reddit and not the forums.

Please don't throw the people who actually have valid criticism and are deeply sad with the raging nutballs.
"Good thing they nerfed the carto, it wasn't fun to find one in every map." - Haborym
"
monkuar wrote:
Please don't throw the people who actually have valid criticism and are deeply sad with the raging nutballs.

im fine with people being a little concerned - sure. but really how much does it affect people? it only affects us if the game changes. we are told by GGG in the recent announcement, AKA those who were directly involved with the deal, that the game will not change - that very very little will change.

instead of people trusting this and being satisfied, people are doomsdaying and freaking out and assuming the worst in everything - and its funny because they think threatening to close their wallets will actually do a damn thing about it.

even being "deeply sad" is ridiculous. what do you have to be sad about at all? this is a success story if there ever was one.
people are only "deeply sad" because they're assuming the absolute worst - AKA doomsdaying. so yes i will lump those people in with the raging nutballs, because it isn't logical to be deeply sad about this situation at all.....
-
-
-
-
-
especially since NOBODY HERE IS DIRECTLY INVOLVED. lol

keep playing the game - or don't, i don't care. but people need to stop spamming the absolute shit out of the forums about it. nobody is saying you need to like it and nobody cares if you don't.

is the game still the same right now? is it still enjoyable for you? then why are people freaking out. trust GGG. don't be sad, be happy for them. continue on. if there is a shift in things then its Tencent who will suffer because PoE community will flee and they'll have a failing product, but right now its still GGG and PoE and happy and fine.

i think GGG would have been way better just keeping everyone in the dark. don't say a goddamn word, because this reaction is insane. speaks a lot about the community way more than GGG, if im to have an opinion on it.
Last edited by xMustard on May 21, 2018, 4:17:42 PM
how much are they paying you?
I dont see any any key!
spam on
Last edited by HappyRogue on May 22, 2018, 4:37:26 AM
Fighting spam with spam.

Legit strategy.
"
Fighting spam with spam.

Legit strategy.

the ultimate weapon!

I dont see any any key!
"
xMustard wrote:

im fine with people being a little concerned - sure. but really how much does it affect people? it only affects us if the game changes. we are told by GGG in the recent announcement, AKA those who were directly involved with the deal, that the game will not change - that very very little will change.

Grinding Gear is legally obligated to say this. Anything else would be a hair-on-fire Sunk The Battleship end-of-game announcement. Anyone with the faintest understanding of marketing knows you can't announce an acquisition by a company with a reputation like Tencent's and in the same breath say "completely by coincidence, we've decided to make a number of exciting new changes to Path of Exile's monetization system!"

"
xMustard wrote:

instead of people trusting this and being satisfied, people are doomsdaying and freaking out and assuming the worst in everything - and its funny because they think threatening to close their wallets will actually do a damn thing about it.

even being "deeply sad" is ridiculous. what do you have to be sad about at all? this is a success story if there ever was one.
people are only "deeply sad" because they're assuming the absolute worst - AKA doomsdaying. so yes i will lump those people in with the raging nutballs, because it isn't logical to be deeply sad about this situation at all.....

Grinding Gear was just bought by Chinese EA. I can find plenty to be sad about in that statement. Regular ordinary American EA has been butchering properties and killing dreams for many years now. I know full well I have no say in Grinding Gear's fiscal decisions, but that doesn't mean you have the right to tell me to shut up and buzz off because I'm depressed that an independently owned company who were their own masters decided to stop being that.

Chinese EA is never going to be a Good Thing for the future of path of Exile.

"
xMustard wrote:
keep playing the game - or don't, i don't care. but people need to stop spamming the absolute shit out of the forums about it. nobody is saying you need to like it and nobody cares if you don't.

I haven't started a single thread. I comment in other people's threads because the news is weighing heavily on my mind and I'm having a shit day in general anyways. Here's a comment for your thread, which YOU started, spamming up the forums. Enjoy.

"
xMustard wrote:
is the game still the same right now? is it still enjoyable for you? then why are people freaking out. trust GGG. don't be sad, be happy for them. continue on. if there is a shift in things then its Tencent who will suffer because PoE community will flee and they'll have a failing product, but right now its still GGG and PoE and happy and fine.

We'll find out in the coming days. Even Battlefront 2 didn't die in a day - but die it very much did. Painfully and in deep disgrace. Now the future of Path of Exile is in the hands of a spiritually identical company.

Let's see if we get lucky, hm?

"
xMustard wrote:

i think GGG would have been way better just keeping everyone in the dark. don't say a goddamn word, because this reaction is insane. speaks a lot about the community way more than GGG, if im to have an opinion on it.

GGG announced it because there's enough watchdogs in the forum that players would've discovered the news within days anyways, and then Grinding Gear would've gotten the same uproar on top of the "Y U KEEP IT SEKRIT?! DX<" nerdrage. They were trying to get ahead of it and reassure as many of their players as they could that they hadn't sold out to Chinese EA.

Problem with this approach is that they did, in fact, sell out to Chinese EA, and folks are going to be understandably upset about that fact for a while. If nothing comes of it? Lucky us. If we end up looking like Battlefront 2?

I'll be depressed (and not playing anymore) but not really surprised.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info