[3.5] Oni-Goroshi Wild Strike/Molten Strike: (Slayer/Jugg, 7K+ HP, 5k+ Leech) ~ Uber Elder Down!

"
KooperT wrote:
"
kharper6 wrote:
Why do we run Anger? It seems like a big mana investment for just some flat fire damage, unless you have some sick Anger Watcher's Eye or something that you aren't mentioning.

It provides the most DPS of all the auras, and yes, I have a Watcher's Eye - It's not even that sick, just a single-anger-mod with %48 Crit Multiplier. But that's a HUGE amount of multiplier and overall DPS increase, and single-mod eyes aren't that expensive. You can go with the 15% fire penetration eye as well, although the multiplier is more dps (obviously if you can afford one with both... go for it.)

Mana is never an issue since even with 80%+ of your mana reserved, your damage/leech with 0.4% mana leech is enough to infinite sustain.

You can swap Anger for defensive auras if you wish, like arctic armor, blasphemy/curse, haste aura, etc.

"
Hey, is Iron Grip worth taking for this build? Nice to have / important / must have?

Not a "must have" but it's definitely worth way more than 1 skill point, since we pass by it anyway. It's a huge DPS boost to molten projectile balls.

If you have say, around 300 strength (you likely have more) that's 150% "increased projectile damage". You won't find a single skill point node anywhere on the tree providing that much...

I am in SSF so not finding a watcher's eye, doubtful I will find a Xoph amulet, so for now I'm running Hatred and it's pretty nice.

I also opted out of Wild Strike in favor of Infernal Blow. I think it's better for the dense, smaller areas that I'm rushing for 95 in SSF, but for big maps like Dunes/etc, I can see the chaining/projectile nature coming out ahead.

The leech from that initial BOOM from infernal blow is NUTS too, especially scaling the one hit, instead of using multistrike.
Im not seeing how you claim to have endurance charges up all the time? Even your claim of having endurance charges back to full after the 4sec immortal call. Are you self hitting yourself or something?
"
KyleGallas wrote:
Im not seeing how you claim to have endurance charges up all the time? Even your claim of having endurance charges back to full after the 4sec immortal call. Are you self hitting yourself or something?

If you choose the Slayer/Juggernaut Ascendant route, you gain the following:

Gain an Endurance Charge every second if you've been Hit Recently
Cannot be Chilled
5% increased Damage per Endurance Charge
+1000 to Accuracy Rating
Cannot be Stunned

You gain an endurance charge every second when hit... there's no reason you aren't going to get hit. This is a Whirling Blades build, meaning you should be whirling directly into the middle of every pack to gain Fortify, and then blowing it up with Wild Strikes. The high EHP and leech is enough to tank through any hits.

Note the wording is "Hit Recently" which means 4 seconds. That means every time you get hit, you are guaranteed 4 endurance charges as the "buff" lasts 4 seconds.

Immortal Call lasts around 4-5 seconds, so during that time, you regenerate 4-5 endurance charges.

Note that getting hit with IC on (even by physical) still counts as getting hit, even if you take no damage.

The Slayer/Raider variant obviously gains no endurance charges, but is more optimized for maximum boss DPS. You don't really need endurance charges for bosses anyway, just high single target DPS - most physical attacks are slams and will oneshot you if not avoided, endurance charges or not.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Aug 29, 2018, 10:23:22 AM
Will you update this for 3.4? or nothing really changes
About to run this on 3.4 got all the gear sorted, I will update

Edit 1:
Leveling is still a joy, oneshots bosses with even the weakest of gear.
Will update when i get to maps,

so far (act 7) wildstrike works to clear, and moltenstrike still works to boss.

I advise taking vaal pact sooner if you want to delve, and having good flasks

Edit 2:

I can 100% confirm this build is more then alive and well. I spent roughly 5-6 exalt on day 3 of the league to pull everything together.

Find my gear below
Spoiler

Decided on that necklace in replacement of xoph's whilst I save 5 more exalted! loving the build

Edit 3: When i delve sub 150 I will record some videos for the post if the author would like to update it. If anyone else has any questions message be in game at : BanRaceCrime I am on 17 hours a day at the moment.

Edit 4: this thing is a delve destroyer, one right click and you clear an entire event in some cases!
Last edited by banskin on Sep 3, 2018, 12:56:51 PM
Life Leech only work in physical damage i think.But Wild strike will be hit 100% elemantal.How it work life leech with that ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVU5_dh-6p4&feature=youtu.be

Video of a level 100 delve, i'll update this post with videos

LONG 150 delve and gear show
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exMDyvf1l10&feature=youtu.be

Atziri one shot
https://youtu.be/e9kBdEg5K0k
Last edited by banskin on Sep 5, 2018, 4:50:38 PM
What about using Abyssus? It gives +40% DPS in PoB. Can Immortal Call defend against increased phys damage of Abyssus?
"
zarzloy wrote:
What about using Abyssus? It gives +40% DPS in PoB. Can Immortal Call defend against increased phys damage of Abyssus?

To be 100% honest, I dont think we need the damage boost at all. I did run an abyssus for a while and it felt very similar in tier 10's. Packs get one shotted no matter what hat you wear.

The only way you gain endurance charges is by getting hit (Without other items) so you are going to get destroyed no matter what

Edit 1: i'll run an abyssus today for a bit and check that for you

Ran abyssus, felt squishy and did not notice too much of an upgrade
Last edited by banskin on Sep 6, 2018, 3:58:47 PM
Been pretty busy with work / the new league, haven't had time to monitor this post, but hope to update it soon. Honestly shouldn't be any real changes from 3.3 - This build is still extremely strong and viable!

"
VegaMorena wrote:
Life Leech only work in physical damage i think.But Wild strike will be hit 100% elemantal.How it work life leech with that ?

Life Leech has various types, you have to read the wording carefully. In this case, the Duelist leech clusters are "Attack Damage" leech - which is both Physical and Elemental.

"

Do not recommend this. I've tried Abyssus on similar characters in the past, and you immediately notice the extra damage/RIP's you will take.

This build does more than enough damage with adequate budget and correct setup. I am not lying when I say you are ONESHOTTING all trash in 8-mod rolled T16 maps. Extra damage at the cost of dying to big hits is not necessary.
Cospri CoC Cold->Fire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2576559
Divine Ire Trickster:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2459778
Last edited by KooperT on Sep 6, 2018, 4:05:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info