Make the game harder and lose dumb content RNG gating

I've spoken and asked this multiple times already the past leagues and I feel like GGG tried it in Bestiary in the form of nerfing currency which just made the game more tedious. Now you should try again!

As we all know the transition from T14 - 16 is an insane jump and can't be even compared with anything. Even Guardians have become very weak lately considering how many buffs there have been. I know that not everyone is as capable as I am but there is nothing wrong in needing to put more effort in to get further.
Not to mention there WILL be more buffs in 3.3 and curses will be more effective vs bosses and so on!

Why it would be good and what could be done?

> Some items also have map item level restriction so this would make more uniques more rare for a longer time and make high tier map farming more rewarding for a longer period. You could add even more of these!

> People would have a more streamlined progress and actually play the whole Atlas instead of you trying to force RNG Elder memes to achieve it. Currently as soon as I make a character, I can pretty much instantly jump to T9 and feel almost no difference.

> Players would actually play longer since they would have to acquire better gear to progress. In Flashback I was running my Reave build with around 70 IIQ and 100+ IIR and was able to farm Guardians reliably. Being essentially naked and farming Guardians on day 4 should not be happening.

> You could make league bosses a lot less rare but a lot stronger! When I first did Shaper, it took me 10+ sets and for the first time in a VERY LONG time I felt frustrated in a good way in a video game again because I knew I sucked. If I knew that I have to run 100+ maps to try again, it would've been anger, not just frustration.

> A friendly reminder as well that as long as Uber Elder is gated behind 15 memory fragments, even players who enjoy doing hard content and have plenty of time won't do it because of the redicilous RNG.

> An unpopular opinion on top of all these is to remove Poorjoys or change the experience buff. Currently I feel that as soon as I hit 80, running normal maps is a sin and a waste of time. Why would I spend 5x more time, get roughly the same currency and have a higher chance of dying? I could just play a walking simulator for 5 hours, drink coffee, watch Youtube and get level 93 and never level again in the league.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last bumped on May 29, 2018, 3:44:31 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Some of these things I have no opinion on but I definitely agree with:

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

> Some items also have map item level restriction so this would make more uniques more rare for a longer time and make high tier map farming more rewarding for a longer period. You could add even more of these!

> People would have a more streamlined progress and actually play the whole Atlas instead of you trying to force RNG Elder memes to achieve it. Currently as soon as I make a character, I can pretty much instantly jump to T9 and feel almost no difference.

> You could make league bosses a lot less rare but a lot stronger! When I first did Shaper, it took me 10+ sets and for the first time in a VERY LONG time I felt frustrated in a good way in a video game again because I knew I sucked. If I knew that I have to run 100+ maps to try again, it would've been anger, not just frustration.

> A friendly reminder as well that as long as Uber Elder is gated behind 15 memory fragments, even players who enjoy doing hard content and have plenty of time won't do it because of the redicilous RNG.

Especially the issue with accessing uber elder and power creep
One cannot help but wonder how such a lust for loot can affect a persons mind. Although these exiles appear to be our salvation, it would not take much for them to turn on us as easily as they fight gods and demons.
Getting OP items is just a matter of trading knowledge, i've tried finding my own stuff in flashback and most of the rares on the floor simply suck if you are looking to trivialize everything. Not to say it will make SSF even less atractive.

I personally think that things like elder rings gave quite a rewarding experience considering the sacrifices you had to make. Playing the whole atlas imo is not that good considering that now open maps are 60% empty and complex layout still clunky as f*** for anything that is not MS based.

You have to see it as how much time does it take until you can trivialize the content, learn all the fights to dodge one shots, understand the mechanics etc. Increasing the "no lifer" requirements is not the solution imo. You still have Uber Elder/Atziri and other stuff if you wanna try difficult fights.

Getting to level 90 and t10 maps with 0%q on my gems, a 5 link and playing a no leech build with difficult and tactical sustain opened my eyes in this matter. You simply can't be a meta-slave and pretend difficulty must be for you.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
Ajo wrote:
Sounds more like your build needs a nerf and that you need to play something else.

Trust me, my build is not even the issue. There are tons of builds that can achieve close to what I can.

"
IIPheXII wrote:

You have to see it as how much time does it take until you can trivialize the content, learn all the fights to dodge one shots, understand the mechanics etc. Increasing the "no lifer" requirements is not the solution imo. You still have Uber Elder/Atziri and other stuff if you wanna try difficult fights.

It does increase some no lifer requirement if your goal is not to get to Shaper but something else BUT at the same time as I said, there is barely any difference in white / yellow / low red maps in terms of difficulty.

Atziri / HOGM / Shaper were intentionally made different in many aspects so different builds could do different things but they also have got a lot easier than before as well because of power creep and no nerfs.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Atziri / HOGM / Shaper were intentionally made different in many aspects so different builds could do different things but they also have got a lot easier than before as well because of power creep and no nerfs.

No nerfs? Dominant single target skills barrage/blade flurry/blade vortex/poison and ignite double dip have been nerfed which means that now you have to invest more on gear to actually kill bosses instead of having the power creep built in your gem. Only exception might be glacial cascade and molten strike that haven't been nerfed for a while. And molten strike at least can't fake dual wield and it's OP enchant goes for 20ex.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
"
IIPheXII wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

No nerfs? Dominant single target skills barrage/blade flurry/blade vortex/poison and ignite double dip have been nerfed which means that now you have to invest more on gear to actually kill bosses instead of having the power creep built in your gem. Only exception might be glacial cascade and molten strike that haven't been nerfed for a while. And molten strike at least can't fake dual wield and it's OP enchant goes for 20ex.

No nerfs since 3.0 and A LOT of buffs everywhere.

The same 70 quant 100 IIR build except using 1C dogshit random rares that would give me enough HP day 3 Shaper kill.

Nobody even had gloves listed yet.

All in all the idea is that top bosses are not as hard as they were before which is not my main point but still something that at least in near future should be addressed.
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

No nerfs since 3.0 and A LOT of buffs everywhere.

The same 70 quant 100 IIR build except using 1C dogshit random rares that would give me enough HP day 3 Shaper kill.

All in all the idea is that top bosses are not as hard as they were before which is not my main point but still something that at least in near future should be addressed.

Buffs to top single target skills have been non existant. Only real dominant thing atm is stat sticks and maybe global crit on elder/shaped chests which btw require quite a lot of cash and all that comes from playing the trading game.

Before stat sticks you could put doryani's catalyst for 130% ele damage and 30% global crit and that would still pretty good. You could use ruthless on blade flurry which was much more OP than anything you could imagine. The skill itself got nerfed, damage flasks where nerfed, all of them. Even abyssus 200% crit multi got nerfed, power charges were nerfed in 3.0 if not mistaken. And the list goes on. Abyss jewels and uniques can apply to all buils (except two-handed) so no big advantage here. Boss HP was also buffed not long ago.

If something now there are more ascendancies that can deal with top bosses and not just pathfinder. This mean that there is no cheese involved and you don't get the feeling that you are doing anything exotic (meta) since all can do it.

The currenct powercreep is just rare/expensive and hard to get items. That's what GGG wants, power through items so you spend more time loothunting.

As said it depends on your skill on moving around, the knowlegde of the mechanics, the amount of cash you move around trading to buy the items you need quickly efficiency and such. GGG can't erase that knowledge and you will still feel like you alredy know all there is to know. The feeling of discovery evetually wears off once you discover all.

Not to say that we are talking from SC point of view and not long ago i've heard about PoE being improved for HC. If you feel it's too easy go HC SFF.

Last edited by IIPheXII on May 22, 2018, 8:45:44 PM
"
Ajo wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
Ajo wrote:
Sounds more like your build needs a nerf and that you need to play something else.

Trust me, my build is not even the issue. There are tons of builds that can achieve close to what I can

But still, you choose to play the op build, abusing stat-sticks while still complaining about game being too easy. I also checked your exaggerated build-guide in which you wrote that you will be playing the same build in Incursion as well. This makes me draw the conclusion that you prefer to play the game on easy mode either way.

And as said above, HC is also an option if you think that the game is too easy.

I KNOW that my build is OP and I don't even mind if it gets nerfed, if anything I even write there myself that it SHOULD be nerfed and I have nothing against it.

My build isn't the only build that can delete Shaper and do full gear MF effortlessly, it's one of them.

And yes, I will use my build as a starter because why shouldn't I? I'm not going to just gimp myself just for an illusion that the game is harder, and neither do you.
Play HC
I dont see any any key!
Simply put, this game isn't "challenging" in any respect. It's just reliant on an RNG grindwall. Those that like the status quo are mistaking the reward for their RNG/time sunk for actually having skill at a game.

"
k1rage wrote:
Play HC

HC doesn't make the game any harder/more challenging whatsoever. It merely amps the punishment for when RNG inevitably screws you over.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info