So i have been waiting along time for this, it was just a mather of time.

Maybe now GGG can afford to put some financial resources into the server/client netcode and get us a much smoother quality of play. I'm one of the many long time PoE players and supporters (a total PoE loyalist) but damn the things I have had to put up with (and still today) such as much lag and even higher amounts of rubberbanding with Bestiary league (just when I thought GGG had gotten that minimized). So GGG should seriously get PoE to a much higher quality of play with Tencent financial backing. I don't just want the founders to be wealthy for wealth's sake (all well and good for Chris and company) but pay back the loyalty of players like me who rode out the stormy PoE:Dysync Years editions and make your arpg play much smoother (I have very good computer specs and Internet so poor QoP can't be blamed on my rig or game server link).

I do have concerns that Tencent might try to pressure GGG into shifting PoE to the pay-to-win financial model. I am not wealthy, can't afford to buy my way to a level 100 build, and seriously think that PoE will be ruined if there is ever any gear that we could buy to advance a build. Please GGG don't let Tencent pressure you into doing this, ever!.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I don't blame them for cashing out, I really don't. I just hope the poe I know and love will not die a slow and painful death.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
d4 gets leaked and a few days after ggg is bought out by Tencent ; coincidence?!

*tinfoil on*
Has anyone even considered PoE's survival was depending on either being bought up or being shut down.?
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
"
Dkodr wrote:
Has anyone even considered PoE's survival was depending on either being bought up or being shut down.?

It wasn't though, they have had enough money flowing to keep going with the league/expansions with no real signs of slowing down, if they were hurting financially i would have expected there to be a slow down there before they sold to tencent.

It's more likely that they have felt forced to deliver more and better content each and every time they do a release and that the costs are getting to the stage that while they can pay the bills and make the content that they were not walking away with as much as they would have liked.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I dont see any any key!
its ok we will get through it

I dont see any any key!
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Dkodr wrote:

It wasn't though, they have had enough money flowing to keep going with the league/expansions with no real signs of slowing down, if they were hurting financially i would have expected there to be a slow down there before they sold to tencent.

It's more likely that they have felt forced to deliver more and better content each and every time they do a release and that the costs are getting to the stage that while they can pay the bills and make the content that they were not walking away with as much as they would have liked.

How can you know anything about their debt situation and future expenses? The company has had a rapid growth and expansion, that means taking risk and a lot of investment. This is information that will not come out, but can be on of the reasons Tencent got a deal. One "bad" league (Hello Beastiary?) and the whole House of Cards could be tumbling down on itself if you don't know what you are doing.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on May 21, 2018, 12:38:49 PM
"
k1rage wrote:
its ok we will get through it

Where I_NO at, i want a hug :(.
Look on my works ye mighty, and despair.

Harvest league oh you are beautiful.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info