[3.2] The 1 Health Build - Uber Elder Deathless - RiskyCB's Pathfinder

Introduction

This will be an explanation of the mechanics of the character, along with the preparation and execution behind what we're seeing in these fights, rather than a true guide.

The goal starting this league was to down Uber Elder solo. This... evolved into something ridiculous. While this goal was achieved, the build is a meme, and 1 hp is actually very low in Path of Exile.

Videos

Uber Elder Deathless - https://youtu.be/IPlqMAHWqLU
Red Elder Deathless - https://youtu.be/l9psZ_JnWTI

Build

PoB - https://pastebin.com/1gJEMUfT

Gear

Basic Concepts of the Build and Gear Explanation

With our setup we have full damage immunity. How?

Chaos - Easy enough, Chaos Inoculation.
Physical - Immortal call with 7 Charges, we get charges using the Romira's Banquet + Voll's Devotion interaction, and cast it continuously with Poet's Pen.
Elemental - We have; level 21 Purities in our corrupted Voidbringers for level 23 auras with 60% increased effect of auras. Sapphire, Ruby, Topaz, and Distillate Flask with 50% flask effect. Tabula Rasa and Voll's Devotion corrupted with +1 Max Resistance.

Math: Auras 8%, Flasks 9% + Distillate 6%, 2 corruptions 2% = +25% max resist.

Nature's Boon - Pathfinder's best node. It gives 3 charges every 3 seconds. After crunching some numbers that comes out to 1 charge per second. 1.6 with 60% flask charges gained. With our 46% duration (none on current belt), our flasks last 7 seconds. With 33% reduced flask charges used with our Chemist's Flask, it costs 15 charges per use. So over the course of 7 seconds we'll have gained 11.2(7*1.6) charges and spent 15. This isn't permanent uptime, so...
Master Surgeon - this is the supplementary node that brings it together. We need to generate 4 charges over the course of 7 seconds, per flask. 20 crits over 7 seconds isn't very hard to achieve with this setup, and if you don't fudge your flask management is enough to maintain on Uber. This math is rough and doesn't account for multiple variables (bad gear, latency, Diamond Flask costing less).

Gear

Flasks - It's very important you have Chemist's Topaz/Ruby/Sapphire flasks (preferably of Adrenaline, Warding, and Staunching) along with a Divination Distillate for your flasks. The 5th flask is a free slot. I went with a Diamond for flask charge consistency with our ascendancy.

Indigon / Poet's Pen - These items are nuts and we abuse them both for our damage. Poet's will still cast the spells in it even if you don't have enough mana, making our IC much easier to maintain.

Voidbringers- These are more important to the build than initially thought. Corrupted Voidbringers let us get 23 Purities without needing Alpha's Howl or Empower, which in turn lets us run an Enlighten. If we had to run Empower we'd have significantly less max mana and couldn't run leech. If we had Alpha's Howl our damage is ass. The increase in mana cost and spell crit is icing on the cake.

Voll's + Romira's - These two items have a great interaction that grants us Endurance Charges every time a Romira's charge is consumed, allowing permanent Immortal Call. We have a CoCS Firestorm setup with our Barrage to help maintain charges while we're running around.

Ring - We're using a Warlord's Mark ring with max mana, as the mana leech you get from the curse gives you an absurd amount of damage from indigon. (at 3k mana we cap at 600 mana per second from leech, giving us 3 Indigon procs per second). Shav's Ring is used to stop our ES from regenning at the start of the Uber fight, and used similarly in Red Elder.

Belt - Endurance Charge corruption with Reduced Flask Charges used are the only relevant stats here. Flask duration would be nice.

Tabula Rasa - Super cheap 6L with +1 Max Res that's easy to find. ANY other 6L would be better if you have the corruption or another way to hit max res, but it serves its purpose well. CoCS Firestorm is to supplement our Endurance charge generation, and give us charges from Master Surgeon.

Kaom's Roots - We use this so Elder's siphon doesn't slow us and get us killed.

Ralakesh's Impatience - Free max charges before fight. The most efficient way is to stack your endurance charges, wait for a power charge and make sure your endurance charges are at a HIGHER duration than power charge, switch to Kaom's roots then walk in the portal. When your power charge runs out it will refill your endurance charges and give you plenty of time.

Playstyle and tips

Uber Elder

The requirements of us living during the fight are this;

Avoid Shaper Balls - They have 25% cold pen and will kill you. The entire fight is spent watching Shaper and our flasks, trying not to die to either one.

Keep your flasks up - If any resist flask drops we risk death. All 3 elements are present in the fight. Shaper Beam is 3 elements, vortexes on the ground, squids, Elder ice, all of it is instant death without flasks up.

Stay below max mana - This ties into the first point about flasks, but if our mana caps we no longer get resists from Divination Distillate and that's no good. This usually means attacking multiple times and barely walking to dodge Shaper orbs depending on your mana regen.

Immortal Call - After it casts make sure you attack enough during its cooldown to max your endurance charges. If you have IC cast and wait too long to attack your next IC will cast with no charges and you'll be vulnerable. If your setup is good you generally have to attack to keep your mana down regardless, and don't have to worry much here. Hitting squids or an invincible Shaper/Elder is acceptable to keep your stacks up.

Red Elder

Equip Shav's Ring. The general rules apply in this fight. Stay below max mana, keep your flasks up, keep IC going. There are no Shaper balls to dodge, and mana isn't a worry since we need purposefully bad mana regen for this one dumb thing...

A forced freeze attack that you can't avoid with flask removal, Pathfinder Ascendancy, or dodge. Great mechanic that I love being in a video game. Anyway... we need to make sure our mana regen doesn't cap during this attack, which would be hard since our ES also recharges while we're frozen, giving us 1k+ "mana" we need to burn through. This is where Shav's Ring comes into play to prevent ES recharge while giving us decent mana regen.

Immortal Call needs to cast right before the freeze so it lasts throughout the attack. If we get unlucky with crits after the siphon we may not generate enough charges to make our next IC last, and we die. It happens.

Shaper Phase - Get Frost Wall with Inc Duration and it's free.

Passives

Need: Chaos Inoculation + Eldritch Battery (1 HP), all Endurance Charges, 60% aura effect, Flask Effect and Reduced Flask nodes, as many jewel slots as possible after that for Fevered Mind and mana jewels. I didn't crunch the numbers on what's best for max mana here. I purposefully spec'd out of the max mana/regen nodes as I found myself capping too quickly.

Killed 3 Bandits. Leveled as Deadeye and respec'd at 90

Outro

Hopefully if you're reading this you enjoyed my project or even learned something new. This league saw the creation of my 2 greatest characters so far in Path of Exile. Got a spicy boy brewed up for Incursion already. If you're into deep theorycrafting of weird mechanics and like seeing interesting builds, pop by my stream when Incursion drops, or any time if you have any questions about the build.

https://www.twitch.tv/RiskyCB
https://www.twitter.com/RiskyCB
Last edited by hanabito on May 16, 2018, 11:07:51 PM
Last bumped on Mar 31, 2019, 10:41:17 PM
I do hate the zerphy shenanigans and the interaction with poet poen and now also with indigon but u did a great job and u deserve some LIKE IT.
Gratz for ur accomplishment, it s quite impressive
first
I love how deep the rabbit hole goes with this game.
Best build out there

*Hands in Amigo's Sign of Approval*
I make mirror tier items, I don't rlly play the actual game. Reddit hates me. I'm not cool.
first page lmfao
Last edited by TriHard_From_France on May 16, 2018, 5:12:45 PM
starting nub friendly budget hcssf viable
my wife left me
love me some u12345er action
Demn i would have never thought about such a build /s

srsly never, it would be too hard :S
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
Last edited by eragon1111 on May 16, 2018, 5:50:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info